Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 8th October 2020 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zombie Flesh Eaters 3. (aka After Death). 1989.

On a small island a woman goes back after her parents were killed and a voodoo priest has raised the dead.

This may not be the best entry in to the Flesh eaters trilogy but was fun to watch, the power of voodoo has given these zombies the ability to be a bit quiet except when they are getting shot and the ability to jump very high and almost not brainless at all. The plot may seem weak but isn't and we are giving some flashback sequences and some bad dubbing but that makes up with the good gore splatter and decent make-up effects. Go with this one in a open mind.

Attachment 228307

Demoncrat 8th October 2020 08:23 PM

Cthulhu, I love that flick. That song :laugh::hail:
The insane "plot". That opening. REWATCH!!!! :lol::nod::pop2:

Justin101 8th October 2020 08:52 PM

So weird things are afoot :lol:

Zombie 4: After Death (1989)

https://www.americangenrefilm.com/wp...5/zombi4_5.jpg

Erm... So a few things.
  • That song!
  • Jeff Stryker can't act.
  • Why are the zombies spewing washing up liquid?
  • How come the zombies can run after you, but not towards you when you're shooting them in the head.
  • So she only just realises that her parents were scientists who died on the island after almost everyone is killed.
  • Jeff Stryker's reaction to that news is the best bit in the film!
  • Then it just kind of ends!

However, some of the worst acting/dubbing I've seen in a long time, this is actually a fun film, ultra gory and has some very atmospheric photography (when it's in focus at least).

It's amazing what you can do with £200, a bottle of Fairy Liquid and some cold porridge.

Nordicdusk 8th October 2020 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 8

Attachment 228309

A family on the verge of bankruptcy think there fortunes have changed when then inherit an old abandoned mansion. Excited and all set to move in when they arrive a gang of street punks have taken over the place and they are not best pleased when the cops show up to get them out of there. The will not take this insult lightly and they go about harassing the the teenage kids in the family. When the parents have to leave town to attend the court hearing about their finances the kids are left home alone to defend the themselves and their home from the punks but they get a helping hand from the most unlikely of sources the ghost the crazy actor that lived in the house many years ago.

Started off kind of promising but seen the breaks failed and it just couldn't stop rolling down hill. It just got so bloody boring with nothing remotely interesting going on no atmosphere no real sense of direction just going through the motions plenty of scenes going on much too long. It felt like it didnt know what it wanted to be it's like the so called haunting and horror aspect of the film was an afterthought and just really shoehorned in at the end.

3/10

Nordicdusk 8th October 2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 637224)

Erm... So a few things.
  • That song!
  • How come the zombies can run after you, but not towards you when you're shooting them in the head.
  • So she only just realises that her parents were scientists who died on the island after almost everyone is killed.

However, some of the worst acting/dubbing I've seen in a long time, this is actually a fun film, ultra gory and has some very atmospheric photography (when it's in focus at least).

It's amazing what you can do with £200, a bottle of Fairy Liquid and some cold porridge.

I must pick this up sounds great :lol:

Graveyard 8th October 2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 637216)
Cthulhu, I love that flick. That song :laugh::hail:
The insane "plot". That opening. REWATCH!!!! :lol::nod::pop2:

You were too fast, I was going to mention the song!! :woot: , just for that opening is worth watching the movie.

MrBarlow 8th October 2020 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Zombie Creeping Flesh. 1980.

After a experiment goes wrong and a toxic gas is released in New Guinea, a journalist and her camera man team up with a four man SWAT team to investigate the outbreak.

Few things to look out for, 1. score from Dawn of the dead, check. 2. Plot kinda like dawn of the dead, check. 3. Part of the score from Alien contamination, check. 3. Near naked woman running through the forest, CHECK. Violence, gore and a bit of comedy blended in to this piece of American/Italian horror film. Ok the acting may not be great and dubbing is all over the place but still entertaining and enjoyable to the point where Angie was enjoying it, think I have converted her to the good gore fest movies we love hallelujah.

Attachment 228311

Justin101 8th October 2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 637227)
I must pick this up sounds great :lol:

There are a couple of great interviews on the 88 Films disc as well :)

Justin101 8th October 2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 637233)
Zombie Creeping Flesh. 1980.

After a experiment goes wrong and a toxic gas is released in New Guinea, a journalist and her camera man team up with a four man SWAT team to investigate the outbreak.

Few things to look out for, 1. score from Dawn of the dead, check. 2. Plot kinda like dawn of the dead, check. 3. Part of the score from Alien contamination, check. 3. Near naked woman running through the forest, CHECK. Violence, gore and a bit of comedy blended in to this piece of American/Italian horror film. Ok the acting may not be great and dubbing is all over the place but still entertaining and enjoyable to the point where Angie was enjoying it, think I have converted her to the good gore fest movies we love hallelujah.

Attachment 228311

Another one I've not seen, was considering picking this up, it's in HMV's 2 for £15 Halloween deal at the moment.

Demoncrat 8th October 2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 637224)

Erm... So a few things.
  • That song!

:pound::hail::pop2: