Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 31st October 2022 07:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Demons. 1985.

This one I had no intentions of watching this year but the Mrs asked for the film where people are in the cinema and get trapped with monsters stick that on so I can't disappoint her.

Total firm favourite since childhood that has seen the upgrade through the years, yeah the dubbing can be all over the place, that will never change, but the old school effects still work, even at the point the patrons feel they are safe in a barricaded area then all hell breaks loose. Good selection of music and always get asked the question by the Mrs...what's the deal with the helicopter? One of those cliches moments that just happens.

Attachment 243047

Up next Blood On Satan's Claw

Justin101 31st October 2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678164)
Trick 'r Treat (2007)

Originally this was going to kick off this evening but i just wanted to watch it last night instead. Carpenter's Halloween is going to kick off this evening mow at 9pm.

Twelve solid years of tricks and treats and still Michael Dougherty's film remains as good as ever. Perhaps the finest portmanteau horror ever made, the different story strands blend seamlessly and with each viewing a different segment becomes my favourite. This time it was the werewolves.

I don't know about tricks but this is always a genuine Halloween treat.

I've just finished watching it and I think my favourite segment is still the school bus and the following quarry part very fun. And to think the first time I watched this I just didn't get it at all.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 678169)
I've just finished watching it and I think my favourite segment is still the school bus and the following quarry part very fun. And to think the first time I watched this I just didn't get it at all.

There's one question about the school bus segment.

Had the kids not played that awful prank on the girl do you think the dead school children would have awoken from the lake and gone back to kill driver Brian Cox?

That was something i wondered to myself last night. :pumpkin:

Justin101 31st October 2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678171)
There's one question about the school bus segment.

Had the kids not played that awful prank on the girl do you think the dead school children would have awoken from the lake and gone back to kill driver Brian Cox?

That was something i wondered to myself last night. :pumpkin:

Every part of it has some cause and effect on the other segments, it's really well written in my opinion. The only thing I don't really get is, who the heck is Sam??

MrBarlow 31st October 2022 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blood On Satan's Claw. 1971.

After the unearthing of a piece of a animal, a small English village begins to fall foul of a witch's coven.

Nice atmospheric British horror set in the 1600s with nicely crafted set pieces, costumes and spoken greatly by the actors as if they were in that period of time. The writers did a great job and director with creating the folklore away from the village and having the coven near the centre of the gloomy woods. It can have one or two unsettling scenes and mixed with terror on is it real of hallucinations.

Attachment 243065

May finish this year's moviethon with The Howling or perhaps watch another film afterwards.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2022 09:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
So Halloween night is a go and the room is prepared.

Enjoy your evening for tomorrow is November's coming fire.

MrBarlow 31st October 2022 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 678178)
So Halloween night is a go and the room is prepared.

Enjoy your evening for tomorrow is November's coming fire.

Looking good Dem, Enjoy :popcorn:

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2022 09:38 PM

I noticed Halloween was on the Freeview channel 4-7 - a Channel 4 offshoot, so had a look at it.

Wow! The difference between that and the Blu-ray i'm watching is astonishing. I watched the exact same sequence when Laurie and her two friends are walking down the street. As i initially watched it i thought to myself "This was definitely not filmed in October. The trees are all full green leafed and it looks like brown leaves have been scattered on the road to try and make it appear to be 'Fall'"

When i looked at the version on 4-7 i couldn't even see the brown leaves on the road. :pumpkin:

trebor8273 31st October 2022 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 678172)
Every part of it has some cause and effect on the other segments, it's really well written in my opinion. The only thing I don't really get is, who the heck is Sam??

Who ever he is he's awesome! I just want adopted him.

trebor8273 31st October 2022 10:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnlb6aTzsN4

Absolutely love this movie one I will never get bored of. It's clever how everything connects to each other.

It's difficult too say which segment I enjoy the most, would probably go with the one with the kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaPTNeEqR7c

A near perfect horror that just oozes atmosphere and tensing. The zombies with their red eyes look great. A perfect Halloween viewing.

Ending the night with Doctor Who , The Daemons.