All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2010, 09:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Can't find any listings for 'The Geek'.......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Oh you never liked Snow Beast then? I thought it was enjoyable!

I ordered both box sets Reaps. I gave in. And before I'm tempted I've stuck TLOBC on the wish list. Phew!

Are you a believer btw?
Yeah I've had a few experiences with 'bigfoots'....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th June 2010, 09:22 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

The Geek can be brought through Something Weird Video (somethingweird.com), doubled with a crappy soft core sex flick called Sin/Sex in 69. It is Vol.4 in their range of 'Frank Henenlotter's Sexy Shocker Hardcore Horrors' range of VHS/DVD-R's.

The Geek/Sin in 69 (DVD-R): http://somethingweird.com/cart.php?t...tring=the+geek
Old 25th June 2010, 09:37 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nice one mate!

Old 26th June 2010, 09:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I liked Abominable (2006) but be sure to get the strong version because there's a softer version as well (I saw that pop up on Prime)!
Cool old-school style flick.

Old 26th June 2010, 12:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
I'm a HUGE fan of all things paranormal and the Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti/Whatever has always fascinated me. Anyone a believer?
I'm also a big believer in the supernatural and paranormal and do think the existence of some form of hairy humanoid being remains credible.

The Horror Channel has screened recent low-budgeter Yeti a few times if you haven't seen it already. Watching the titular creature leap large distances in a single bound is quite an amusing CGI sight. If only for the wrong reasons!
Old 26th June 2010, 01:00 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

That film looks great, bdc - from the GIF at least. Added to the to-get list

Yeti on the Horror Channel. Thanks for the heads up dude. I'll have a look see when it's next on

Last night I watched The Legend Of Bigfoot (the 1976 one, not the 1977 film !) If you thought films like Hell Of The Living Dead and Eaten Alive were bad for their use of stock footage you ain't seen nothin' yet! The whole film (almost) is made up of stock footage! Seriously! There's scenes of icebergs, mooses, bears, woods, EVERYTHING. It's quite funny really to hear the narrator (Ivan Marx - a HUGE bigfoot hoaxer) try to link the footage to Bigfoot, to make it seem as though it's actually worthwhile watching it. I guess it does add to the whole authenticity of the film though, since the wildlife footage is clearly all real, so surely the bigfoot footage has to be real too. Right? Well except for the fact that it's clearly a person in a suit (from what I've read, apparantly it was his wife! ) It's weird to think that people would actually believe this as being an authentic and truthful documentary finding the hairy man. Despite the fact that, according to this, the Bigfoot is a migratory animal. Oh and of course the fact that whenever a Bigfoot comes to visit, all the goats in the area eat dirt, drink some water in order to turn the dirt into cement (wtf!) and kill themselves (again wtf!).

Still there is a great scene (not involving a bigfoot) in which a squirrel tries to save it's dying partner (who had just been runover). Awww.

I enjoyed it though and thought it was interesting if a little boring.

The poster is great though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Legend Of Bigfoot.jpg (40.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 26th June 2010, 01:07 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I'm also a big believer in the supernatural and paranormal and do think the existence of some form of hairy humanoid being remains credible.

The Horror Channel has screened recent low-budgeter Yeti a few times if you haven't seen it already. Watching the titular creature leap large distances in a single bound is quite an amusing CGI sight. If only for the wrong reasons!
Is this the film SD73? Snow Demon
Old 26th June 2010, 01:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I used to like Snowbeast when i was a kid but admittedly didn't enjoy the film the last time i caught some of it. The aforementioned The Legend Of Boggy Creek was another movie i recall from my youth and God only knows what i'd make of it these days!

I think i'll have to stick with the ever-popular '79 Night Of The Demon as my fave Bigfoot outing. Along with Harry And The Hendersons!

The former for the gore and the latter for it's feelgood factor and Rick Baker's typically impressive FX work.
Old 26th June 2010, 01:17 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

"when I was a kid"

"I recall from my youth"

I sense a theme! It's good to know it wasn't just me who found Bigfoot scary as a kid.

Like this? Share it using the links below!