Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:52 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to andgomorra Send a message via Yahoo to andgomorra Send a message via Skype™ to andgomorra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakki View Post
For me it is Jungle Holocaust. The scene where the tribe kills the alligator is horrible. They first beat in its head and then skin it alive. HORRIBLE!
The most disturbing film you've ever seen involves the death of an alligator? How about a newborn being raped!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:58 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgomorra View Post
The most disturbing film you've ever seen involves the death of an alligator? How about a newborn being raped!?!?!

The raping of the newborn isn't real is it?
Baseball Fury and PaulD like this.
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
The raping of the newborn isn't real is it?
No, and that's why I don't see why people can see it as more shocking. The actual idea behind it might be more shocking in story terms but in terms of what is genuinely, actually happening animal cruelty for the sake of entertainment is always going to be worse
Old 3rd August 2012, 09:48 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to andgomorra Send a message via Yahoo to andgomorra Send a message via Skype™ to andgomorra

It's not a matter of it actually happening. It's what the director is trying to convey that is disturbing all films are fiction in the horror genre except snuff films... Correct me of I'm wrong.

Old 3rd August 2012, 10:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
It's not a matter of it actually happening. It's what the director is trying to convey that is disturbing all films are fiction in the horror genre except snuff films... Correct me of I'm wrong.

You mention snuff films, famous for passing off real deaths as fiction. Which is what the cannibal films do with the animal deaths though isn't it? What's more offensive, an actor pretending to rape a latex doll of a baby or someone actually brutally killing an animal on camera for the purpose of a film?
Old 4th August 2012, 01:09 AM
Cult Rookie

Im with PaulD, it's definitely more disturbing if something 'real' happens on screen than whatever fictional happens on it. You cant tell me A Serbian Film is more shocking than for example 1 Lunatic 1 Icepick (dont know if anyone has seen that shit).
Old 4th August 2012, 02:30 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
A rubber newborn infant. Not real.

Alligator. Real.

Big difference.
Pete and Gojirosan like this.
Old 4th August 2012, 03:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
You cant tell me A Serbian Film is more shocking than for example 1 Lunatic 1 Icepick (dont know if anyone has seen that shit).
Excuse my language but what the ****? I didn't have the courage to watch that but reading the description made me nauseous. No offense but why would any sane person choose to watch something so repulsive? I watched some of Traces Of Death once during my teenage years and have never had the desire to see anything of the sort since. I'm quite content with fictional exploitation.
Old 4th August 2012, 09:50 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Excuse my language but what the ****? I didn't have the courage to watch that but reading the description made me nauseous. No offense but why would any sane person choose to watch something so repulsive? I watched some of Traces Of Death once during my teenage years and have never had the desire to see anything of the sort since. I'm quite content with fictional exploitation.
I used to know a guy who loved that kind of thing. I was unfortunate enough to witness Traces of Death as well. I remember one called (I think) True Gore, which featured a pig being roasted alive by a bloke with a flamethrower and a woman doing someting obscene with a giant millipede. I'm with you Jinx, I'll stick with fiction.
Old 4th August 2012, 01:18 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryJack View Post
I used to know a guy who loved that kind of thing. I was unfortunate enough to witness Traces of Death as well. I remember one called (I think) True Gore, which featured a pig being roasted alive by a bloke with a flamethrower and a woman doing someting obscene with a giant millipede. I'm with you Jinx, I'll stick with fiction.
True gore was basically a music promo video of Monte Cazazza of Throbbing Gristle fame.

I agree that animal cruelty is far more disturbing than fiction, but how many people on here have praised, Salon Kitty, Cannibal man, Bell of Hell, all featuring slaughter house footage

or
emannuelle in america/ caligula 2 / oscentia all featuring beastiality
vipco likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!