Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2012, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Anything involving REAL violence, whether it's directed towards animals or people, I find much more offensive than the special fx of films like: A Serbian Film, Mordum, etc.I'm not a fan of contemporary gore films at all, I find them a bit dull.
Old 4th August 2012, 01:25 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgomorra View Post
It's not a matter of it actually happening. It's what the director is trying to convey that is disturbing all films are fiction in the horror genre except snuff films... Correct me of I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OH DEAR, if you actually believe SNUFF FILMS exist i feel sorry for you.

Also if may i suggest you google mondo films like DEATH PRESS/ DEATH FILES/ DEATH WOMAN ETC. THIS IS WHAT IS TRULY DISTURBING
vipco likes this.
Old 4th August 2012, 02:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Excuse my language but what the ****? I didn't have the courage to watch that but reading the description made me nauseous. No offense but why would any sane person choose to watch something so repulsive? I watched some of Traces Of Death once during my teenage years and have never had the desire to see anything of the sort since. I'm quite content with fictional exploitation.
It was send to me by a friend, but this was in the time it was still up for debate whether or not the video was real. After a week or so the rumours started some guy named Luka Magnotta was probably it. Well, we all know now that he was indeed the guy from the video.
Old 4th August 2012, 02:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post

Also if may i suggest you google mondo films like DEATH PRESS/ DEATH FILES/ DEATH WOMAN ETC. THIS IS WHAT IS TRULY DISTURBING
Very true Alex .
Old 4th August 2012, 02:33 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post

Those mondo movies have some bizarre sequences in it indeed. I dont know which one it's from but i can remember a scene where some guy lets his pack of dogs go after a tiger, and after one of the dogs is slashed by it, he just cuts it up right there and then with no anisthetic or nothing. Just crazy footage.
Old 4th August 2012, 02:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakki View Post
Im with PaulD, it's definitely more disturbing if something 'real' happens on screen than whatever fictional happens on it. You cant tell me A Serbian Film is more shocking than for example 1 Lunatic 1 Icepick (dont know if anyone has seen that shit).
I've heard of that and other stuff like 3 men and a hammer (is that right?) but there is no way I could ever bring myself to watch them.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 4th August 2012, 02:56 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I've heard of that and other stuff like 3 men and a hammer (is that right?) but there is no way I could ever bring myself to watch them.
Yeah, there is a whole subculture where people go to these websites and watch that kind of shit for pleasure I guess. If im correct, 3 guys 1 hammer is a video about 3 boys from Russia or something beating a homeless man to death with a hammer. They were caught, ive looked it up: Dnepropetrovsk maniacs
Old 4th August 2012, 06:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Real violence is totally sickening, stuff like 3 men 1 hammer, 1 lunatic 1 icepick, traces etc, I just don't get but lots obviously do!
My vote is for A Serbian Film but before that and Mordum, way back in the day at a Watford Film fest, I bought a video from a German chap who had a bag full of Buttgereit films and 1 original copy of this thing (I still have it!) called 10 Monologues of the Serial Killers with a short film before it called, Dead Man 2, Return of the Dead Man.
Until the aforementioned movies came along, for me, this was the most disturbing stuff I had ever seen.
If anyone knows anything about it I would be interested to know!
Old 4th August 2012, 06:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakki View Post
Yeah, there is a whole subculture where people go to these websites and watch that kind of shit for pleasure I guess. If im correct, 3 guys 1 hammer is a video about 3 boys from Russia or something beating a homeless man to death with a hammer. They were caught, ive looked it up: Dnepropetrovsk maniacs
I wouldn't call it a "subculture". All kinds of people are watching those sites, normal men and women (with exeption of course). What drives people to watch these kind of clips is mostly curiosity and not for pleasure.

I have watched all clips you're mentioning among other truly bizarre and chocking stuff. Things like this happens in our world and i see nothing wrong with being "interested" in what happens on the other side of the planet no matter how sad or sickening it might be.
Old 4th August 2012, 06:25 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Real violence is totally sickening, stuff like 3 men 1 hammer, 1 lunatic 1 icepick, traces etc, I just don't get but lots obviously do!
My vote is for A Serbian Film but before that and Mordum, way back in the day at a Watford Film fest, I bought a video from a German chap who had a bag full of Buttgereit films and 1 original copy of this thing (I still have it!) called 10 Monologues of the Serial Killers with a short film before it called, Dead Man 2, Return of the Dead Man.
Until the aforementioned movies came along, for me, this was the most disturbing stuff I had ever seen.
If anyone knows anything about it I would be interested to know!
Ive looked it up and it's apparantly a Dutch movie! I have never heard of this before so i guess it's some weird no-budget movie not many people know about.

Like this? Share it using the links below!