I'm new to blu-ray so have only got 2 . Pans Labyrynth looked great, as did Red Desert (for its age). In general, I'm really impressed with blu-ray, probably more so than I thought I'd be.
For bargains, amazon are selling quite a few of the BFI blu-rays at around the £10 mark, which is cheaper than they are on DVD
I've got a few Blu-Ray's that I picked up sporadically over the past year or so, although it's not a format I buy for that often to be honest. I currently own:
- 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later box set (Not watched these yet but I got them at a good price, although apparently they aren't the best looking Blu's out there, but still worth having).
- 3:10 to Yuma (It looks superb on Blu, well worth a buy and has a good bunch of extras).
- American Psycho (I went for the Australian version of this as it still works on UK systems and the picture quality is far, far superior to the US release which is apparently one of the worst Blu releases for edge-enhancement or something, but this is a superb disc with some good extras and the film is superb aswell in my opinion so it was a must-buy for me).
- The Dark Knight (Pretty much everyone owns this Blu now, superb with some good extras although it's obvious there will be numerous re-releases of this in the future).
- My Name is Bruce (Again, another one I've not watched yet, so I don't know if it looks good or not, I just picked it up in a HMV sale a few months back and it's meant to be a great film aswell).
- Night Watch/Day Watch box set (Yet another I've not watched, I picked this up in a two for £18 along with the 28 Days/28 Weeks set back in May).
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Superb disc, classic film, some decent extras, well worth a buy and a good upgrade over the DVD, I just wish we would have got the Blu-Ray Book version that was released in the US).
- There's Something About Mary (Great film in my opinion and another great disc, I think there are a few extras on there, but it's definitely worth a buy if you like the film).
- Zulu (Fantastic picture quality, classic film, a load of extras, worth a buy if you enjoy the film).
I'll probably pick more up in the future but I'm fine with DVD now for the most part. It's only if there's a significant upgrade that I will get a Blu-Ray version, in most cases I'm satisfied with DVD quality really.
Great thread idea BS!
Last films I bought was yesterday;
- Trick 'R' Treat from HMV at £9.99 - a bit expensive but soo worth it!
- Un-Hinged - at poundland
-Blood Sabbath at poundland too (for a pound, obviously!)
this week i have got
from hmv for £6
from http://www.olivefilms.com for $61
from ebay for £3 for dogvile and £5 for blue velvet and £5 for seven swords
from hmv for £10
all £5 each from HMV
Last edited by Kyle; 11-01-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Great idea for a thread BS.
This is what I have purchased / ordered recently that has not arrived yet (mainly due to the postal strike... )
Combat Shock: The Tromasterpiece Edition
The Dead Pit: Unrated Director's Cut
Family Guy Season 8
The Hunchback of the Morgue
The Last Horror Film: Uncut Special Edition
Messiah of Evil
Night of Death
Peep Show Series 6
Terror Firmer: Unrated Director's Cut
Have you had any problems with them?
I hear very mixed things about them
|Like this? Share it using the links below!|
|blu-ray, dvd, film, horror, purchases, recently purchased, shops|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Latest Album Bought||iluvdvds@Cult Labs||Music||945||Today 05:06 PM|
|What Books Have You Bought Recently?||SharonLynette||Books, Magazines & Comics||422||03-01-2015 01:56 PM|
|What action film have you watched/bought recently?||Kyle||Western Action Movies||280||06-19-2013 09:55 AM|
|Almost bought this today, but...||ArgentoFan1987||Cannibal Holocaust||59||05-05-2013 07:20 PM|