Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   The Dario Argento Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/692-dario-argento-thread.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 8th August 2009 11:12 PM

Just read that Argento wants to remake "Profondo Rosso" in 3D.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th August 2009 07:10 PM

Sounds interesting....the original will always remain classic though.
Anyone any update on his latest?

Peter Neal 10th August 2009 07:27 PM

I'd be up for that: Dario going "back to the roots" might actually be just what the doctor ordered...:coolblue:

And if a "Suspiria" remake is being made by a director, who regards the original as a "B Movie":pout:...I'd say "Profondo Rosso 3D" by the maestro himself would feel very right in place indeed.:attention:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th September 2009 06:10 PM

Just recieved my French BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE!

All the newer members,any of you Argento fans? If so,then get your tuppence worth in here!:nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th September 2009 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh here it's here....:o
Don't have any English subs or language,but it was cheap and the artwork rocks!:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th September 2009 08:35 PM

Earlier on in this thread there was a 'lively' debate regarding MOTHER OF TEARS.It seems to split opinions right down the middle.Since then,I've noticed a lot of new members have signed up.What's your opinion on Argento's finale to his Three Mothers trilogy?
Love it?
or
Hate it?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th September 2009 08:50 PM

I found MOT to be a bit boring TBH.

It certainly was the weakest of the Three Mother's Trilogy. I don't really rate Asia Argento as an actress either, yeah she's okay (but not stunning) to look at but hardly a leading lady (no Catriona MacColl or Barbara Steele anyhow! :biggrin:... Or Soledad Miranda for that matter :eyebrows:)

It seemed a very rushed film to me, but as a big fan of Argento, and Italian horror cinema I can't completely slate it. There are much worse Argento films in my eyes: The Card Player (btw: who voted for this as their favourite?! :shocked:), Phantom of the Opera, Stendhal Syndrome... and MUCH, much worse Italian horror films than Mother of Tears. As a Three Mother's film though - when comparing it to the great Suspiria and Inferno, it's shite at best. :behindsofa:

My favourite Argento still remains Four Flies. :cool: - with Tenebrae coming a close second. :biggrin:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th September 2009 08:58 PM

Cheers for the input B.E.
Me personally, La Terza Madre was not anywhere near the class of Suspiria (Few films are) or Inferno (Which in turn imho wasn't a patch on Suspiria),but however,definetly wasn't the washout a LOT of punters made it out to be.:nod: