Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Horror Stars & Directors (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=544)
-   -   The Dario Argento Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/horror-stars-directors/692-dario-argento-thread.html)

vincenzo 7th September 2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 13425)
Inferno really needs a UK dvd release, as far as I know its unavailable .Well thats what the guy in HMV told me last time I was in myself .
Suspiria's another one im having trouble with , you never see it in HMV or Zavvi.

Inferno still hasn't received a UK DVD release. The video versions (widescreen & full screen) were cut further from the cinema print though it could possibly pass this time.

The ABUK 2-disc release of Suspiria is superb.

Halloween_22 7th September 2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 13426)

Indeed it is, well worth tracking down. Do they not still sell it in HMV etc. haven't looked as I already own it, figured it would still be in circulation (unless it's OOP, I don't know).

Peter Neal 7th September 2008 07:15 PM

Strangely enough, "Inferno" even managed to get a UK Laserdisc reelase (which I still own:)), but unfortunately Fox didn't bother with a DVD, which is a shame, really. I've got the old ABUS disc, but wouldn't mid a version missing that bit of cat cruelty, though I don't mind the mouse eating scene.:D

Fave? "Tenebrae", naturally, for reasons I might go into in a review in the near future, because it's about time to revisit this particular classic....:cool:

cloud 7th September 2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

The 3 discer (w/ soundtrack) is even better.

Philleh 8th September 2008 07:38 AM

Quote:

Inferno still hasn't received a UK DVD release. The video versions (widescreen & full screen) were both cut by the BBFC (the cat/mouse and cat/chair scenes) and could well be cut today, though the former could possibly pass this time.

I still remember seeing the full uncut version of Inferno on the Sci-fi channel years back! They set up a special hotline for those 'affected' by the movie after viewing! ha ha

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th September 2008 07:06 PM

C'mon own up,who voted for MOT?:D

Philleh 8th September 2008 09:02 PM

Atleast they didn't go with Phantom!! :)

(it wasn't me btw ;))

Sam 8th September 2008 09:08 PM

Not me, although I thought the first half of MOT was passable... I prefer Argento's straight gialli (if that's the correct plural:confused:) so went for Deep Red and Cat O' Nine Tails.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th September 2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 13522)
Atleast they didn't go with Phantom!! :)

(it wasn't me btw ;))

It was me......:rofl:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th September 2008 10:02 PM

To be honest,I like ALL his films,(well,maybe not Phantom),just an Argento fanatic.....:woot: