Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th July 2019 12:19 PM

Pleased he seems to have dropped the cover versions.

When you've made as many albums as Alice has you don't need to be doing covers.

Susan Foreman 5th July 2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 606879)
When you've made as many albums as Alice has you don't need to be doing covers.

Agreed, but don't forget that Alice has recorded a fair number of covers including:

'Sun Arise' on 'Love It To Death'
'Gutter Cats Vs. The Jets on 'Schools Out' [while not a cover itself, it does 'borrow' liberally from 'When You're A Jet' on the 'West Side Story' soundtrack]
'Hello Hooray' on 'Billion Dollar Babies'
'I'm Always Chasing Rainbows' on 'Goes To Hell'
'Talk Talk' from 'Flush The Fashion'
'7 And 7 Is' on 'Special Forces'
'Pretty Ballerina' on 'The Eyes Of Alice Cooper'

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th July 2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 606882)
Agreed, but don't forget that Alice has recorded a fair number of covers including:

'Sun Arise' on 'Love It To Death'
'Gutter Cats Vs. The Jets on 'Schools Out' [while not a cover itself, it does 'borrow' liberally from 'When You're A Jet' on the 'West Side Story' soundtrack]
'Hello Hooray' on 'Billion Dollar Babies'
'I'm Always Chasing Rainbows' on 'Goes To Hell'
'Talk Talk' from 'Flush The Fashion'
'7 And 7 Is' on 'Special Forces'
'Pretty Ballerina' on 'The Eyes Of Alice Cooper'

Well that's okay if they are ever in the set list, it's stuff like Surrender, Ace of Spades and Another Brick in the Wall which are totally unnecessary.

Only my opinion. As i said with all Alice's records he really doesn't need to play anything he hasn't recorded. I bet Alice devotees are happier with Roses on White Lace than they are a Pink Floyd cover.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th July 2019 02:06 PM

I never think of Hello Hooray as a cover. :lol:

Type the song title into Google and it's an Alice Cooper version that's there in your face.

Susan Foreman 5th July 2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 606883)
Well that's okay if they are ever in the set list, it's stuff like Surrender, Ace of Spades and Another Brick in the Wall which are totally unnecessary

I have never been convinced of the 'Schools Out / Another Brick In The Wall' mash-up

First time I heard it, I thought it was horrible and that the two songs didn't fit, and my opinion of it hasn't changed over the years

'Schools Out' is probably the quintessential Alice song, and should be played straight

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th July 2019 04:38 PM

Just read that Alice has contributed vocals to a track on the forthcoming solo record from Phil Campbell.

Rob Halford, Dee Snider, Whitfield Crane and Skindred's Benji Webbe also sing on tracks.

Susan Foreman 10th July 2019 05:53 AM

Little Betty

Not so Little Betty

Roses On White Lace

Susan Foreman 10th July 2019 05:37 PM

Teenage Frankenstein

Dead Babies

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2019 10:43 PM

Ghost's Tobias Forge on Aussie tv's Rage program.

Quote:

"What is shock rock without Alice Cooper? I lack the proper words to fully explain how extremely vital he has been for the whole genre of rock and roll, really, but also speaking from a context where, I guess, we are also a theatrical shock-rock band, we wouldn't have been here had it not been for Alice Cooper."

Susan Foreman 19th July 2019 03:15 PM

September 13th - Alice is due to release a tribute to the 'Garage Rock Heroes' from his hometown Detroit City. Entitled 'The Breadcrumbs EP', it features six brand new recordings and will be available both as a digital download and on limited edition (20,000), numbered 10” Vinyl. The six tracks are as follows:

1. Detroit City 2020 [Presumably an updated version of the Alice Cooper song from 'The Eyes Of Alice Cooper']
2. Go Man Go
3. East Side Story [Thought to be an early Bob Seger song released as 'The Last Heard' in 1966.]
4. Your Mama Won't Like Me [The title of a Suzi Quatro song and album from 1975]
5. Devil In A Blue Dress/Chains Of Love ['Devil' is though to be a cover of a 1964 Shorty Long song]
6. Sister Anne [1971 MC5 song]