Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 27th August 2023 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 689570)
Alice has been announced as being the headline act at the 'Life After Death' festival in Mexico City on Saturday December 2nd

This is actually a really good line-up

Not sure what is going on here

Alice doesn't appear to be mentioned on the website concerning this festival anymore

https://lifeafterdeathhorrorfest.com/lineup/

SymbioticFunction 27th August 2023 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a (terrible) photo of my signed ACG B$B lp. Camera is ancient and it's hard as hell to remove the album from the glass frame that I put it in. Bought it from a second hand record shop in Blackburn 30 years ago. Asked where it came from and the shop said the guy who sold it to them said that he had won it on Tiswas. That show started in Jan 1974 so I guess it's feasible. Won't be too badly upset if I'm immediately informed that it must be a fake. :) At least the autographs seem different from the printed ones inside the released lp. If it is real, I would be very happy to own a Glen Buxton autograph. Sorry for quality of photo.

Susan Foreman 27th August 2023 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 689891)
This is a (terrible) photo of my signed ACG B$B lp. Camera is ancient and it's hard as hell to remove the album from the glass frame that I put it in. Bought it from a second hand record shop in Blackburn 30 years ago. Asked where it came from and the shop said the guy who sold it to them said that he had won it on Tiswas. That show started in Jan 1974 so I guess it's feasible. Won't be too badly upset if I'm immediately informed that it must be a fake. :) At least the autographs seem different from the printed ones inside the released lp. If it is real, I would be very happy to own a Glen Buxton autograph. Sorry for quality of photo.

I cannot comment on the autograph, but I have been unable to find any evidence to suggest that Alice ever appeared on TISWAS

At the time of the release of 'Billion Dollar Babies', the Alice Cooper Group were 'the most dangerous band on the planet', so I think it's unlikely they were ever on a children's television programme!

SymbioticFunction 27th August 2023 05:00 PM

Yeah, I thought a similar thing about Tiswas. :) Was hoping this was a prize without an appearance of the band. I can say that I have a few Alice Cooper autographs on vinyl records and, in the flesh, his autograph on this B$B record honestly looks genuine. For what that's worth (I'm certainly no expert!). :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th August 2023 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 689883)
Not sure what is going on here

Alice doesn't appear to be mentioned on the website concerning this festival anymore

https://lifeafterdeathhorrorfest.com/lineup/

Doro missing as well.

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th August 2023 04:05 PM

The standard version of Road is on sale in Asda at £13.

I was tempted seeing as i already have four Alice concerts on disc.

Susan Foreman 30th August 2023 06:27 AM

'Nights With Alice Cooper' Radio Show To End After Nearly 20 Years / Blabbermouth

Only US stations and networks are mentioned in the article, but I would imagine his show on Planet Rock will be going as well

It's a shame. I always enjoy listening to Alice's radio show

Susan Foreman 31st August 2023 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 690025)
The standard version of Road is on sale in Asda at £13.

I was tempted seeing as i already have four Alice concerts on disc.

You can never have too many Alice live DVD's!

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st August 2023 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 690057)
You can never have too many Alice live DVD's!

Have you got it yet?

Susan Foreman 31st August 2023 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 690069)
Have you got it yet?

Not yet, no

Due to circumstances, we have been living in hotels since May 26th, and as such I have no address where mail order deliveries can be sent to! In addition to that, we are nowhere near any physical shops that sell CD's / DVD, so I cannot even get one over the counter!!

As a sidebar, these are the Alice DVD's that I *do* have (both official releases, and release from 'other' means) :

Concerts
  • Glad To See You Again
  • Welcome To My Nightmare (original release and also special edition release)
  • The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper
  • The Nightmare Returns
  • Trashes The World
  • Rock N' Roll Carnival Tour 1998
  • Brutally Live (&CD)
  • The Eyes Of Alice Cooper Tour (Toronto) 2003
  • The Eyes Of Alice Cooper Tour (Greece) 2004
  • Live At Montreaux 2005 (&CD)
  • Theatre Of Death (&CD)
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy (Finland) 2011
  • Night Of Horror 2011 (London)
  • Bonaroo Festival 2012
  • Raise The Dead: Wacken 2014 (&CD)
  • A Paranormal Evening 2017 (&CD)
  • Live From The Astroturf 2018 (&Blu)
Sundries (live performances, interviews, video clips, television appearances etc)
  • Detroit To Paris
  • The Nightmare
  • Prime Cuts – 2
  • Video EP
  • Go To Hell
  • The Ultimate Clip Collection
  • Rare Things Vol. 1 - 5
  • Sick Things Vol. 1 - 2
  • Super Duper Alice Cooper [Blu]
  • The Television Generation