Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st September 2023 06:07 PM

Road entered the UK chart at #8. Detroit Stories entered at #4.

Road sold a quarter less copies than Detroit Stories.

The moral of this story is don't over price your product methinks.

Justin101 1st September 2023 06:21 PM

Ironically I never bought Detroit Stories.

SymbioticFunction 2nd September 2023 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 690106)
Ironically I never bought Detroit Stories.

It's actually a better album. Although it probably helps if, like me, you didn't already own the vinyl Breadcrumbs ep.

Susan Foreman 4th September 2023 03:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
New comic coming from Dynamite Comics in October

"Alice Cooper has a new album out, and he’s taking his show on the road. But as the tour progresses, he begins to notice a disturbing trend — more and more of his audience appear to be undead!

And as if that wasn’t bad enough, the Archangel Gabriel appears in his dreams to warn Alice that the Devil is getting ready for a tour of his own — and he’s planning on making it a permanent residency! Only one thing stands between mankind and hell on Earth is … the godfather of shock rock himself!

Composed and arranged by writer RODNEY BARNES and artist EDU MENNA, this power anthem of series has its amps turned up to 11 — look for it in stores this October!"

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2023 02:58 PM

The Road cd and Blu-ray is now £17.99 on Amazon.

Susan Foreman 6th September 2023 04:08 PM

The 2005 Montreux concert is being screened on Sky Arts on Saturday (September 9) at 21:00

This is followed at 23:00 by the documentary 'Hired Gun', which is all about session and touring musicians (including people who have worked with Alice)

SymbioticFunction 14th September 2023 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 690273)
The Road cd and Blu-ray is now £17.99 on Amazon.

I enjoyed the concert more than the album (ditto with my wife) so I would advise buying a two disc set over the standalone cd option. It was great to see Alice's wife being prominently featured in such a recent show. btw I once talked to someone who had met her in the late 80's, he asked her what Alice was like. She replied that he was really nice, he always did the washing up and loved eating mashed potato. :)

Justin101 14th September 2023 02:47 PM

I really enjoyed the concert as well. I think the album is great fun as well though.

Susan Foreman 22nd September 2023 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At the end of the 'Prince Charming' video, Adam Ant pays homage to his heroes by appearing as Clint Eastwood (from the 'Dollars' Trilogy), Rudolph Valentino (from the silent film 'The Sheik') and Alice

In some edits of the video, he also appears as Marlon Brando as Don Corleone in 'The Godfather'

Susan Foreman 23rd September 2023 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 679430)
" Revival69: The Concert That Rocked the World

In 1969, there were three music festivals that changed the world. “The second most important event in rock & roll history” was a one-day event held at the University of Toronto’s 20,000 seat Varsity Stadium called the Toronto Rock & Roll Revival. An incredible back-door story of how – against all odds – a life-changing concert came together.

Director Ron Chapman reveals a series of colourful characters, murky deals and broken promises, culminating in John Brower, a young struggling promoter, putting his life on the line (literally) in order to achieve his goal

Included in the lineup were Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bo Diddley, Gene Vincent, The Doors, Alice Cooper, and John Lennon with The Plastic Ono Band."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YRb0qY5eKc

This is the concert that features the infamous 'chicken incident'! However, it is also going to be the first chance that Alice Cooper fans will get to see the footage from when the band played musical support for Gene Vincent!

Possibly the 'Holy Grail' of Alice Cooper material! No idea how long this will remain of YouTube for!!

The Alice Cooper / Gene Vincent material starts around the 1:01:24 mark