Here's a Rice Rose in return:

Old 17th August 2012, 11:30 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
One of my fave songs of all time, MTDS.

Here's a Rice Rose in return:

That's very pretty, is it the song or this version that you like?
Old 17th August 2012, 11:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
That's very pretty, is it the song or this version that you like?
Oh, I actually meant 'Since Yesterday' - always a chart topper in my post nuclear holocaust sitting room (apparently that's what the song's about).
As for Spell's cover of 'Johnny...' I actually prefer the orginal. Though I always like Boyd's attempts at crooning. Could've used more Rose McD, though.
It's a real shame she doesn't do more stuff. Some of it's brilliant and needs to be more available.
Old 18th August 2012, 12:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Thought I'd finish with another of my all time faves before I go and watch something rubbish on Lovefilm.

Old 18th August 2012, 12:01 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Oh, I actually meant 'Since Yesterday' - always a chart topper in my post nuclear holocaust sitting room (apparently that's what the song's about).
As for Spell's cover of 'Johnny...' I actually prefer the orginal. Though I always like Boyd's attempts at crooning. Could've used more Rose McD, though.
It's a real shame she doesn't do more stuff. Some of it's brilliant and needs to be more available.
I don't really know much of Rose's stuff, but she's a name that crops up a lot in my rooting around in the UK occult music scene.

As to early 80s pop music, it totally passed me by, me being in my own little world of punk rock nuclear threat gloom at the time.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 18th August 2012, 12:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I don't really know much of Rose's stuff, but she's a name that crops up a lot in my rooting around in the UK occult music scene.

As to early 80s pop music, it totally passed me by, me being in my own little world of punk rock nuclear threat gloom at the time.
Whenever I've seen records by her they've always been really expensive / deleted / rare etc. But she's done some really great solo stuff over the years, some of which is on YouTube. Of course, she hung out with Tibet and I think was involved musically with C93for a bit.
Early 80s pop was just a vague cloud of oppressive glitz around my earlyish childhood, but I remember some of it had a really bleak vibe. Like, I recall being scared shitless by a Godley And Creme track, although it pains me to say it. Now various strands of retro keep bringing it back on various levels for better or worse... personally, I love digging through all that stuff now, there are some occasionally bizarre nuggets.
Old 18th August 2012, 12:30 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Whenever I've seen records by her they've always been really expensive / deleted / rare etc. But she's done some really great solo stuff over the years, some of which is on YouTube. Of course, she hung out with Tibet and I think was involved musically with C93for a bit.
Early 80s pop was just a vague cloud of oppressive glitz around my earlyish childhood, but I remember some of it had a really bleak vibe. Like, I recall being scared shitless by a Godley And Creme track, although it pains me to say it. Now various strands of retro keep bringing it back on various levels for better or worse... personally, I love digging through all that stuff now, there are some occasionally bizarre nuggets.

Keep posting the songs when you find them as it's an area of music which is totally alien to me even though I was a teenager in the early 80s. As to 80s pop music I do like, I have a major fixation on Dexys Midnight Runners which started about 5 years ago and won't let up.

Frankie Teardrop likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!