Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3087Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2013, 11:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Plus, as far as I'm aware there are only two songs by Slayer on the subject, Angel of Death and SS-3, the majority of their lyrics deal with stuff like Satanism (early material) and serial killers (Dead Skin Mask, 213 etc.) so I'd hardly call them Nazi sympathisers, just interested in the subject.
I also love the fact that Tom Araya sings athiest inspired lyrics which totally contradict his personal beliefs
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th May 2013, 11:35 AM
Cult Addict

More awsome sauce from Reign of Blood. Criminally Insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RypZcxDe7as
Rik likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 4th May 2013, 12:11 PM
Cult Master

Im even more saddened that this had to turn in to the usual fighting and arguing. People used to just get along when i came here first now there seems to be constant arguing. What the hell is going on. There are few regular posters here and we are a close knit group from what i have seen in the year plus i have been here. We really need to try and maintain that. Everyone has different opinions and thats great to see and the point of a forum but it seems here people are using difference in opinions to try get at people. Its taking the fun out of coming here and i love this place.
Old 4th May 2013, 12:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've never heard that before and it's amazing. Maybe you'll make a metal convert of me yet. Bits of it certainly sound very Hawkwind-ish.
Old 4th May 2013, 12:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Im even more saddened that this had to turn in to the usual fighting and arguing. People used to just get along when i came here first now there seems to be constant arguing. What the hell is going on. There are few regular posters here and we are a close knit group from what i have seen in the year plus i have been here. We really need to try and maintain that. Everyone has different opinions and thats great to see and the point of a forum but it seems here people are using difference in opinions to try get at people. Its taking the fun out of coming here and i love this place.
Indeed. I learnt my lesson after Goji left and felt guilty as a result. It's not worth arguing over, i've PM'd Dem about it so hopefuly he won't be leaving but I honestly think PV should just not intrude on mourners wishes. Thatcher has nothing to do with it so let's drop that.

DVD and BD collection
Old 4th May 2013, 12:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I've never heard that before and it's amazing. Maybe you'll make a metal convert of me yet. Bits of it certainly sound very Hawkwind-ish.
Most of their material probably won't be to your tastes, but songs like Seasons and most of the previous album, South of Heaven are more melodic and non-thrash like say the utra-fast Reign in Blood album or more recent stuff found on the Christ Illusion album etc. I absolutely love the clean arpeggiated part during the songs intro/outro
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th May 2013, 02:07 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Most of their material probably won't be to your tastes, but songs like Seasons and most of the previous album, South of Heaven are more melodic and non-thrash like say the utra-fast Reign in Blood album or more recent stuff found on the Christ Illusion album etc. I absolutely love the clean arpeggiated part during the songs intro/outro
The only Slayer album I own*. It's in my collection because I wanted to have at least ONE album of this member of the Big Four. To my ears (yes, that's my opinion - feel free to disagree) it's the only Slayer album that's at least rudimentally melodic, and it's drastically slower than their other albums. Apart from that, Dave Lombardo's drumming is top-notch.

Personally, I prefer Anthrax to all other Thrash Metal bands.

* PS: I also have 'Undisputed Attitude'. I didn't order it on purpose, but interestingly enough the set of the two albums was cheaper than the single CD of 'South of Heaven'.
Old 4th May 2013, 02:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
The only Slayer album I own*. It's in my collection because I wanted to have at least ONE album of this member of the Big Four. To my ears (yes, that's my opinion - feel free to disagree) it's the only Slayer album that's at least rudimentally melodic, and it's drastically slower than their other albums. Apart from that, Dave Lombardo's drumming is top-notch.

Personally, I prefer Anthrax to all other Thrash Metal bands.

* PS: I also have 'Undisputed Attitude'. I didn't order it on purpose, but interestingly enough the set of the two albums was cheaper than the single CD of 'South of Heaven'.
Seasons in The Abyss is even more melodic than South of Heaven.
Old 4th May 2013, 02:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
i've PM'd Dem about it so hopefuly he won't be leaving .

Eh?? I've not had a PM from you Hawk.

Or do you mean Demoncrat?
Old 4th May 2013, 03:00 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Powermad - Slaughterhouse

Like this? Share it using the links below!