Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Latest Album Bought (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/7207-latest-album-bought.html)

Justin101 8th June 2019 09:25 AM

The Badge is off The Crow soundtrack
It’s good :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 604921)
The Badge is off The Crow soundtrack
It’s good :)

There's a bunch of soundtracks i could do with getting - The Crow, Queen of the Damned, Judgment Night, Spawn...for starters.

Rik 8th June 2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 604919)
That's cool. I never even looked at the tracklisting on the cd. Yeah, two songs - The Badge and Immortally Insane that i've not heard before.

According to Wiki the US version has Cat Scratch Fever from Detroit Rock City soundtrack.

The Badge was the b-side to 5 Minutes Alone, I’ve still got the 7” that came with 3 or 4 badges, one of which got me in trouble at school because it had ****ing Hostile on it and I wore it on my tie :lol:

I was confusing this with the live album that had two new studio recordings on that hadn’t been released before, every song on that compilation had :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 604924)
The Badge was the b-side to 5 Minutes Alone, I’ve still got the 7” that came with 3 or 4 badges, one of which got me in trouble at school because it had ****ing Hostile on it and I wore it on my tie :lol:

I was confusing this with the live album that had two new studio recordings on that hadn’t been released before, every song on that compilation had :nod:

I still don't own Far Beyond Driven. :peep:

I sold the vinyl years ago. Quite annoying really. :doh:

Justin101 8th June 2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 604923)
There's a bunch of soundtracks i could do with getting - The Crow, Queen of the Damned, Judgment Night, Spawn...for starters.

All of those are great! Mid 90s had proper albums lol

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 604928)
All of those are great! Mid 90s had proper albums lol

Very true.

The Matrix album is a classic. Even Spiderman had a good soundtrack - Sum 41 featuring Kerry King :shocked:, Jerry Cantrell and more.

I do have those two already. :lol:

Nordicdusk 8th June 2019 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 215661

Rik 8th June 2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 604926)
I still don't own Far Beyond Driven. :peep:

I sold the vinyl years ago. Quite annoying really. :doh:

Great album!

Speaking of Pantera, I recently watched an hour long video of Dimebag doing a guitar clinic in 1993, such a nice bloke, all these years later I’m still gutted that a crazy “fan” murdered him on stage :(

Justin101 8th June 2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 604935)
Great album!

Speaking of Pantera, I recently watched an hour long video of Dimebag doing a guitar clinic in 1993, such a nice bloke, all these years later I’m still gutted that a crazy “fan” murdered him on stage :(

It’s one of the most shocking celebrity deaths in my lifetime I think! Very sad.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th June 2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 604935)
Great album!

It still makes me angry too.

Everyone had something good to say about him, he seemed a genuinely nice guy that people got on with from all genres in the rock universe.

When you think, half of Pantera are no longer living.

Anselmo needs to get his act together, stop being a tit, re-team up with Rex, get Lombardo to drum and Kerry King on guitar and form a new band that will reinvent the steel and slay the competition.

Rik 8th June 2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 604936)
It’s one of the most shocking celebrity deaths in my lifetime I think! Very sad.

Yeah, I was mortified when I found out!

Inspector Abberline 11th June 2019 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sainsburys 3 for £20Attachment 215810

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 11th June 2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 604917)
Recent cd purchases.

Last of a Dying Breed seems like it will be the last Lynyrd Skynyrd studio album. Presuming the current farewell tour is actually a goodbye to the band

I got that as a 'Classic Rock Fan Pack' purchase, when it was first released in 2012

The disc also included an additional 4 songs:

Poor Man's Dream
Do It Up Right
Skynyrd Nation
Gimme Three Steps (Live)

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th June 2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 605172)
I got that as a 'Classic Rock Fan Pack' purchase, when it was first released in 2012

The disc also included an additional 4 songs:

Poor Man's Dream
Do It Up Right
Skynyrd Nation
Gimme Three Steps (Live)

The only songs that aren't on the edition i have are the two live songs Three Steps and Skynyrd Nation.

Replaced by new studio tracks Sad Song and Low Dpwn Dirty.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2019 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up the new Bruce Springsteen today in Sainsburys and a Classic Rock / Metal Hammer Iron Maiden bookazine.

A tenner is way too much for a glorified magazine but it's Maiden and honestly it looks brilliant at first glance.

Justin101 15th June 2019 12:33 PM

It's HMV's special Vinyl Day today, their answer to record store day, there were loads of good exclusives and the other people in the shop were buying multiple albums and paying upwards of £100 each transaction but I only went for this one particular record and even though I got there at 9:10am it was already the 2nd to last copy they had.

My favourite Fairport Convention album, Unhalfbricking! On a very appropriate Island Records Pink vinyl :D

https://i.ibb.co/t2bXpN1/IMG-1321.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2019 06:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
As i had to change my car recently because the head gasket blew and it wasn't worth replacing it for the age of the car. Anyway my new car drags me kicking and screaming into the early 1990's (cassettes truly a thing of the past now) with a cd player. (It also has a bluetooth device but i don't have a clue what that means) so i've purchased a few best ofs and compilations to play in the car when i don't want a normal album. I used to love my taped compilations :crying:

These aren't the best er' best of's for Maiden, Sabbath and Motorhead around for amount of material but they are the ones that suit what i want and were carefully chosen (Except Rocks Off - that was to make up numbers :lol:)

Rik 15th June 2019 07:08 PM

You’ll be buying a Blu Ray player next :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 605444)
You’ll be buying a Blu Ray player next :lol:

In a way i'm pleased i don't have one as i'd have spent a hundred quid recently on four films that the collector in me wanted, but that in the cold light of day i know them to be one classic (Blood on Satan's Claw), one that's pretty decent (Asylum), one that's bang average at best (Haunted House of Horror) and one that's poor (The House that Dripped Blood)

Rik 15th June 2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605446)
In a way i'm pleased i don't have one as i'd have spent a hundred quid recently on four films that the collector in me wanted, but that in the cold light of day i know them to be one classic (Blood on Satan's Claw), one that's pretty decent (Asylum), one that's bang average at best (Haunted House of Horror) and one that's poor (The House that Dripped Blood)

Yeah, I don’t ever want to know how much money I’ve spent on upgrading films to Blu Ray since I got my first player 8 years ago! :scared:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th June 2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605436)
As i had to change my car recently because the head gasket blew and it wasn't worth replacing it for the age of the car. Anyway my new car drags me kicking and screaming into the early 1990's (cassettes truly a thing of the past now) with a cd player. (It also has a bluetooth device but i don't have a clue what that means) so i've purchased a few best ofs and compilations to play in the car when i don't want a normal album. I used to love my taped compilations :crying:

RIP the C90! :rip:

I often create mix CDs for the car via playlists I've created on iTunes (waits for Dem to google iTunes :tongue1:) I personally consider that a bit 'old fashioned' as most would connect their phone or mp3 player via Bluetooth to the car's audio system (I have an old school iPod classic though which doesn't have Bluetooth). What car did you get?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th June 2019 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 605447)
Yeah, I don’t ever want to know how much money I’ve spent on upgrading films to Blu Ray since I got my first player 8 years ago! :scared:

Same! :eek:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 605460)
RIP the C90! :rip:

I often create mix CDs for the car via playlists I've created on iTunes (waits for Dem to google iTunes :tongue1:) I personally consider that a bit 'old fashioned' as most would connect their phone or mp3 player via Bluetooth to the car's audio system (I have an old school iPod classic though which doesn't have Bluetooth). What car did you get?

How long does it take to burn a track to a cd?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th June 2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605462)
How long does it take to burn a track to a cd?

Seconds.

I can usually create an album in a couple of minutes.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 605464)
Seconds.

I can usually create an album in a couple of minutes.

A Toyota Aygo. I needed something quick and cheap as i wasn't expecting to change car. I actually like the car. Slightly underwhelmed by it's power having been used to a 1.6 engine but although it's small it's surprisingly spacious inside and i also quite like it's shape and metallic blue colour.

Nice only paying £20 road tax as well. My last one was £265.

Seeing as i don't do that much motorway driving anymore it's sort of okay for me at the moment.

I expect i'll change it within 18 months but it will do for now.

Nordicdusk 15th June 2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605465)
A Toyota Aygo. I needed something quick and cheap as i wasn't expecting to change car. I actually like the car. Slightly underwhelmed by it's power having been used to a 1.6 engine but although it's small it's surprisingly spacious inside and i also quite like it's shape and metallic blue colour.

Nice only paying £20 road tax as well. My last one was £265.

Seeing as i don't do that much motorway driving anymore it's sort of okay for me at the moment.

I expect i'll change it within 18 months but it will do for now.

Best of luck with the car but 20 quid road tax for how long ?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th June 2019 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 605467)
Best of luck with the car but 20 quid road tax for how long ?

That'll be a year. Mine's £20 too.

Nordicdusk 15th June 2019 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 605468)

Holy shit 200 is the cheapest it will go over here.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 605468)

What have you got, b_e?

Inspector Abberline 16th June 2019 12:33 PM

hmv

1 Attachment(s)
this isn'nt Top Gear.....:)

back to topic
to for £10 HMV..

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 605478)
this isn'nt Top Gear.....:)

back to topic
to for £10 HMV..

When you can post pics the correct way up then we'll listen to your complaints. :tongue1:

Rik 16th June 2019 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 216056

:lol::lol:

Inspector Abberline 16th June 2019 03:35 PM

faced

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605484)
When you can post pics the correct way then we'll listen to your complaints. :tongue1:

Wow a moderator listening to some ones complaints, that be a f**king first then...:wise:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2019 03:37 PM

NEW TARGET ALERT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 605487)

It's not like Rik to stir shit up with your little meme's, i'm horrified! :shooter:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 605488)
Wow a moderator listening to some ones complaints, that be a f**king first then...:wise:

Damn!

Game, set and match to the Inspector. :clap:

Waits for Rik to complain about the use of a sporting term on the forum.

Inspector Abberline 16th June 2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 605487)

Yeah who asked the banjo plucker to but in any way.....:)

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 605491)
Yeah who asked the banjo plucker to but in any way.....:)

Made me laugh to the point of coughing did that. :pound:

Rik 16th June 2019 03:48 PM

Ha ha, made me laugh too :lol:

Inspector Abberline 16th June 2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605492)
Made me laugh to the point of coughing did that. :pound:

And he's made us go off topic again,surely that's an infraction...to the cells with him I say..

Rik 16th June 2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 605490)
Damn!

Game, set and match to the Inspector. :clap:

Waits for Rik to complain about the use of a sporting term on the forum.

Won’t hear me complaining about sport on here, after all we do have a dedicated thread for fans of grown men cuddling each other while wearing leotards :thumb: :lol: