Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1221Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2013, 02:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Could someone please change this Thread title to "German/Austrian..."? It annoys me a bit that Germany gets so much attention where it is not due, because most of these releases would be cut severely over here to get a release... OK, I do not like these releases in general, the packaging may attract some collectors, i find it silly and too space-consuming. Apart from the added German language, such releases have rarely something else to offer and the high price is annoying, as they milk the German fans who rely on German language...

I may have said irt before and I may say it again - sorry, but I have no good feelings about this
Old 25th April 2013, 02:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
So are these releases re-packs or do they do their own releases? I'm quite to pick some up myself!
No they are limited edition runs from the likes of NSM Records. Tend to be around 1000 units and available from online sellers such as D&T.
I am going to pick up Black Roses next:
D&T Mailorder Shop

Halloween 111:
http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=49664

Burial Ground:
http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?...68&language=uk
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 25th April 2013, 03:38 PM
Active Cultist

I've been buying a lot of these German Blu's,latest being Illusions UnLtd's very attractive limited edition mediabook's of Maniac and Die Rückkehr der Zombies (Le Notti del Terrore,1981).I was however a bit disappointed that Maniac was identical to Blue Underground's overbright presentation (you really need to work your contrast/brightness levels to watch this transfer,I prefer the old DVD myself),but sound is very pleasing DTS-HD MA7.1 english.Still cool as hell 3-disc set to own.Burial Ground aka Le Notti del Terrore is a 2-disc set with printed poster and lobby card section,you really need to own this if you're a fan of the oh so slow spaghetti zombies with no table manners.It's the best looking transfer of this cult item I've seen,from the original negative I presume.Audio is in Dolby Digital deutsch and dubbed english,no italian sadly,but then again nobody has anything even slightly smart to say here.There is two cover options for this release.
Old 30th April 2013, 03:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani View Post
Burial Ground aka Le Notti del Terrore is a 2-disc set with printed poster and lobby card section,you really need to own this if you're a fan of the oh so slow spaghetti zombies with no table manners.It's the best looking transfer of this cult item I've seen,from the original negative I presume.Audio is in Dolby Digital deutsch and dubbed english,no italian sadly,but then again nobody has anything even slightly smart to say here.There is two cover options for this release.
I heard Burial Ground wasn't much better than the shoddy US release, so is the German version genuinely much better?

[EDIT] Answered my own question.. so unless you care to pay extra for fancy packaging, it seems not: http://exploderbutton.com/exploder/b...blu-ray-again/
Jani likes this.
Old 30th April 2013, 03:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

So I was browsing Amazon DE, and happened across their release of Compliance.

While this would be a rather cool cover if it was a straightforward exploitation film, it's shockingly inappropriate considering the film it's representing!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._AA1500_.jpg
Old 30th April 2013, 04:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

There's a package waiting at the P.O.....Must be these two crackers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81CTq0+YtIL._AA1500_.jpg (76.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 51TOIuimaPL._SL500_.jpg (51.2 KB, 5 views)
Rik and Hawkmonger like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th April 2013, 04:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
I heard Burial Ground wasn't much better than the shoddy US release, so is the German version genuinely much better?
What's wrong with the US release, I've only watched it twice, but didn't think there was anything wrong with it?
Hawkmonger likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th April 2013, 04:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
What's wrong with the US release, I've only watched it twice, but didn't think there was anything wrong with it?
Me neither. I don't get all the crap people give it.

DVD and BD collection
Old 30th April 2013, 06:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Dunno, I've not watched it yet, despite owning it. I read that it looks like an upconvert and is a pretty poor quality release. Mine's still sealed.

Guess I was a bit quick to call it 'shoddy' then.
Old 30th April 2013, 06:13 PM
Active Cultist

Burial Ground is very low budget,so my expectations weren't that high to begin with.Not expecting it to look any better in the near future.I think Media Blasters/Shriek Show used their DVD master in the BD release,so this must be the case with the Illusions release also.It's very watchable though,even on my 65 inch full HD plasma screen.Also just got Koch Media's Army of Darkness (Armee der Finsternis) Ultimate Edition 2BD/4DVD & The Punisher BD/2DVD Mediabook (Rache! ...what the ****!?).Their releases of The Loved Ones,Videodrome & Inferno are excellent so good times ahead I'm sure.

Like this? Share it using the links below!