Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Antropophagus 9th March 2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 438675)
On their webstore, it says:
"88 Films is proud to present ANTHROPOPHAGOUS, fully uncut and uncensored, and re-mastered for its worldwide HD debut!"

How can they write that it is uncut, when they say this on FB:
"We don't expect to have BBFC trouble with ANTHROPOPHAGOUS but we will, of course, keep you posted."

They should confirm with the BBFC that it WILL pass uncut, BEFORE writing Uncut and Uncensored. They will get a lot of shit, if it turns out that it will be cut after all.

I don't dare to pre-order, until the uncut status is set in stone.

That's keeping me from pre-ordering now. It's not limited is it? I guess the best is to wait and see what happens with BBFC.

JAMIOUSE 9th March 2015 12:50 PM

I think we can be certain Anthropopogus will be uncut it doesn't contain anything worse than what the BBFC have passed uncut before. Have you seen the French horror Inside? That has a very nasty birth scene which was passed uncut. Anthropopogus really isn't that nasty!

mark meakin 9th March 2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 438691)
I think we can be certain Anthropopogus will be uncut it doesn't contain anything worse than what the BBFC have passed uncut before. Have you seen the French horror Inside? That has a very nasty birth scene which was passed uncut. Anthropopogus really isn't that nasty!

I would be AMAZED if Anthropopogus was cut.The mk-up 'effects' looked ropey when I originally watched it in the early 80s.

Vampix 9th March 2015 03:32 PM

I'm looking forward to getting Anthropophagous on Blu. My Shriek Show DVD definitely needs upgrading, and the cover art for the 88 Films Blu-ray release looks great. I wonder if there's any chance of 88 Films releasing D'Amato's Beyond the Darkness onto Blu-ray.

ecc 9th March 2015 04:19 PM

DONT' GO IN THE WOODS and SLAUGHTERHOUSE at DVDBeaver.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th March 2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecc (Post 438715)

I know everyone interprets screen grabs differently and there isn't a definitive answer but Don't Go in the Woods perhaps looks more natural via the Code Red dvd.

Any other opinions.

Steel76 9th March 2015 04:37 PM

The Code Red disc suffers from black crush (screen comparison nr 5,7 and 8) loosing a lot of details in those darker scenes. And also take a look at the screenshots with a sky (screen comparison 2 and 9), and you can see more clouds on the 88film disc, as the Code Red disc has had the contrast boosted, making it bleed and drowning those details.

zane 9th March 2015 04:38 PM

Quite a lot of macroblocking going on in the screengrabs of Slaughterhouse.

Nordicdusk 9th March 2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 438716)
I know everyone interprets screen grabs differently and there isn't a definitive answer but Don't Go in the Woods perhaps looks more natural via the Code Red dvd.

Any other opinions.

From those stills alot of the dvd ones look better than the Blu Ray maybe on my actual tv it might be a different story.

Must say they did a great job with Slaughter House again looking at the stills so much more detail with the Blu Ray.

Will have to wait until i pick them up to judge properly.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th March 2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 438721)
Quite a lot of macroblocking going on in the screengrabs of Slaughterhouse.

Whats macroblocking and to which version did you mean?