Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Crimson Blade 20th March 2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 440656)
Can I say that Mother's Day looks flippin' top notch (almost too good) the thing looks really sharp almost like a modern-day effort (even better than the job done on Toxie IMHO) just hope we can get this sort of quality on upcoming releases, although it blows my 20+ year old VHS completely out of the water... can't bring myself to part with the old bugger:lol:

Totally agree. Watched it last night and was well impressed with the quality.

Great film as well. The old girl was hilarious. :laugh:

Prince_Vajda 20th March 2015 03:33 PM

I never really liked Hitch-Hike. Corinne Cléry is a bland actress, Nero and Hess seem somehow out of sync, and the film is about 15 minutes too long.

Both Craven's The Last House On The Left and Deodato's The House On The Edge Of The Park are much better.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th March 2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 440676)
I never really liked Hitch-Hike. Corinne Cléry is a bland actress, Nero and Hess seem somehow out of sync, and the film is about 15 minutes too long.

Both Craven's The Last House On The Left and Deodato's The House On The Edge Of The Park are much better.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...pssacrh0rl.jpg

Susan Foreman 20th March 2015 04:35 PM

"We've not forgotten about our Slasher Classics range and here's the full specs for SPLATTER UNIVERSITY

Unfortunately, the director commentary track we received was not recorded for the length of the film so we have had to remove this, but we have secured an amazing edition:

*Fully uncut for the first time in the UK
*Director approved NEW worldwide debut 2k scan straight from the original 16mm materials.
*Bonus full length HD feature film from director Richard Haines - WHAT REALLY FRIGHTENS YOU? (2009)
*Interview with Justin Kerswell, author of Teenage Wasteland: The Slasher Film Uncut
*Original trailer and TV spots
*Image gallery
*Gallary of original script pages and call sheets
*Booklet notes by Calum Waddell featuring a brand new interview with director Richard Haines."

SharonLynette 21st March 2015 07:46 PM

I'm wondering if I'm the only one feeling torn over ordering direct?

I want to, but I pre-ordered pretty much everything 88 Films are releasing via Amazon months ago and are a couple of quid cheaper.

I've ordered a few things direct but as money is tight I've kept a number of my pre-orders with Amazon.

Am I a suitably wicked person? Is everyone ordering direct?

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st March 2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 440944)
I'm wondering if I'm the only one feeling torn over ordering direct?

I want to, but I pre-ordered pretty much everything 88 Films are releasing via Amazon months ago and are a couple of quid cheaper.

I've ordered a few things direct but as money is tight I've kept a number of my pre-orders with Amazon.

Am I a suitably wicked person? Is everyone ordering direct?

Order however you wish Sharon.

It matters not either way.

People seem to order direct as they receive the discs more often than not a few days early. As you say they are more expensive.

I have such a pile of unwatched stuff i go for cash saving and the lowest price possible.

SharonLynette 21st March 2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 440946)
Order however you wish Sharon.

It matters not either way.

People seem to order direct as they receive the discs more often than not a few days early. As you say they are more expensive.

I have such a pile of unwatched stuff i go for cash saving and the lowest price possible.

It's strange, I wouldn't usually feel bad but I want to be supportive. Their output has been pretty darn amazing, the quality fantastic. For a change I've been watching most as they've come but darn it I need the money!

Mojo 21st March 2015 07:58 PM

Amazon have pushed back NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS to 30th March :confused:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st March 2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 440949)
Amazon have pushed back NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS to 30th March :confused:

I know, and I'm pissed off about it, but not too annoyed to cancel and order direct from 88 Films and pay £2 postage.

I do order from them when I can.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st March 2015 08:48 PM

The 88 Films Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 440951)
I know, and I'm pissed off about it, but not too annoyed to cancel and order direct from 88 Films and pay £2 postage.

I do order from them when I can.

There's a good reason it's been delayed. Hopefully the guys won't mind me saying, but there was a problem with the packaging that needed to be corrected.