Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

trebor8273 11th June 2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 537429)
The Australian one is an exact port of the Grindhouse one so it's just a case of slipcase vs better artwork.

that case the Australian one then, i could understand 88 release not having the films because of rights etc but cant see a reason for not having the extras

Rik 11th June 2017 12:02 PM

Fanboys will still lap it up, they'd buy a blu ray of Ann Widdecombe's Strictly Come Dancing rehearsal outtakes if 88 Films released it :lol:

Hammer time 11th June 2017 12:08 PM

the extras would have to be a £50 note for me to buy that pos.

fuzzymctiger 11th June 2017 12:54 PM

The Australian release is $25 AUD direct from the Ex Film bigcartel, and its the same discs with a reversible cover of the original poster and double feature poster, and a fake LSD blotter sheet :)

Support a small Australian label :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th June 2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 537436)
The Australian release is $25 AUD direct from the Ex Film bigcartel, and its the same discs with a reversible cover of the original poster and double feature poster, and a fake LSD blotter sheet :)

Support a small Australian label :D

Awwww, not real LSD? [emoji19][emoji23]

Rik 11th June 2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 537437)

I imagine the film would be normal if you watched it on LSD :lol:

fuzzymctiger 11th June 2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 537437)

There's actually a disclaimer on their site that there's no illicit substances involved and it's only for artistic purposes :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th June 2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 537439)
There's actually a disclaimer on their site that there's no illicit substances involved and it's only for artistic purposes :lol:

Good to know. I thought it would have a hard time getting past customs here if it was! [emoji23]

Susan Foreman 12th June 2017 03:59 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the release of 'Zombie Creeping Flesh' that was mentioned back in April?

Demoncrat 12th June 2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 537438)
I imagine the film would be normal if you watched it on LSD :lol:

:laugh:
Can only relate the time we watched Hell On Earth tripping. I sat there thinking "journalists ...theyll investigate anything " :laugh:
Ahem.

JAMIOUSE 12th June 2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 537572)
Has anyone heard anything about the release of 'Zombie Creeping Flesh' that was mentioned back in April?

Nope nothing all, at present they seem happy for Calum to announce the titles and then not really give us any product details until they appear on the webshop. I would imagine it'll be the same transfer that BU used just a higher encode as the BU release had Rats on the same disc.

Rik 12th June 2017 06:43 PM

TBH, I'm only gonna buy it because it doesn't have the awful Hell of the Living Dead title, otherwise I wouldn't double dip, the BU blu is fine :nod:

JAMIOUSE 12th June 2017 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 537572)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 537589)
TBH, I'm only gonna buy it because it doesn't have the awful Hell of the Living Dead title, otherwise I wouldn't double dip, the BU blu is fine :nod:

Same here, I doubt a higher bitrate is going to make it look much better especially with the 'borrowed' footage looking as awful as it always has.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th June 2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 537440)
Good to know. I thought it would have a hard time getting past customs here if it was! [emoji23]

One up on HMRC -I tried it -it IS real!:dizzy:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th June 2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 537429)
The Australian one is an exact port of the Grindhouse one so it's just a case of slipcase vs better artwork.

Yeah it is.

Your 88 disc arrived then Stephen?

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th June 2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 537608)
Yeah it is.

Your 88 disc arrived then Stephen?

It has. I'm guessing they haven't got Creepozoids in stock yet.

Susan Foreman 13th June 2017 09:12 AM

The BBFC have passed 'The Oily Maniac' '18' uncut for "sexual violence"

JAMIOUSE 14th June 2017 06:30 PM

88 are having a Q & A session on Facebook this coming Friday. I think it's rather brave of them considering the sort of comments people make on their Facebook page!

Rik 14th June 2017 06:40 PM

I saw that earlier an made sure I'd got enough popcorn in for the show :lol:

trebor8273 14th June 2017 07:31 PM

Be interesting to see if anyone calls them out on I drink your blood. I can see the whole thing be very entertaining!!

Susan Foreman 14th June 2017 07:52 PM

They have never bothered to respond to any of the questions that I have asked them on FB

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 537833)
They have never bothered to respond to any of the questions that I have asked them on FB

Anything i've asked them via email they've always responded to. :nod:

Rik 14th June 2017 10:05 PM

I've never had a customer service issue with them, but plenty folk complain on Facebook about it

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 537865)
I've never had a customer service issue with them, but plenty folk complain on Facebook about it

Probably because we don't begin our correspondence with 'You ****ing cocksuckers' and communicate in a polite and courteous manner.

keirarts 15th June 2017 08:28 AM

Some young lass on FB a few weeks back had a profile pic that read '88 films are cancer'. I appreciate that some of their releases have not been as good as one could hope but some of its a little OTT (or maybe its just me). I've had people freak out on me because I bought 88's release of Amuck over camera obsucras, why? 88's cost me £9.99 and CO's release, while i'm sure its good is £30+ dependent on where I bought it. Given i'm staring redundancy in the face its plain common sense, especially as what I've seen suggests very little difference in the AV quality. I find devotion to labels a bit weird, I wouldn't buy shock treament because I don't like the film, some would merely because it has arrow on it. Blind hatred of a label seems just as weird however.

Justin101 15th June 2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 537908)
Some young lass on FB a few weeks back had a profile pic that read '88 films are cancer'. I appreciate that some of their releases have not been as good as one could hope but some of its a little OTT (or maybe its just me). I've had people freak out on me because I bought 88's release of Amuck over camera obsucras, why? 88's cost me £9.99 and CO's release, while i'm sure its good is £30+ dependent on where I bought it. Given i'm staring redundancy in the face its plain common sense, especially as what I've seen suggests very little difference in the AV quality. I find devotion to labels a bit weird, I wouldn't buy shock treament because I don't like the film, some would merely because it has arrow on it. Blind hatred of a label seems just as weird however.

The thing is, 88 licensed the master from CO so the rule is always buy local first and foremost. CO still got their money from your purchase. It's hardly 88's fault if CO further tweaked before putting out their release is it?

Disclaimer, I'm not an 88 fanboy (far from it in fact) i'm just being realistic :lol:

Susan Foreman 15th June 2017 05:22 PM

'Cold Blooded Beast' has been passed 18 uncut by the BBFC for strong sex \nd violence

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2e&oe=59E94F1F

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th June 2017 05:26 PM

I DRINK YOUR BLOOD and CREEPOZOIDS have left the building!:clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th June 2017 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love this artwork!:cool:

JAMIOUSE 15th June 2017 05:39 PM

Whenever I've emailed 88 or James and Richard at their respective email addresses they've always replied, maybe within the hour, maybe within 24 hours but certainly within the week.

The main problem with people posting on Facebook is they usually ask really stupid questions or post really stupid comments. The most common are - "I've never heard of this film" and "when is this title been released". If you've never heard of a title like the Tiny Tim one the other week look on IMDB, if you want to know when somethings been released read the post announcing it or look on bloody Amazon. It isn't difficult!

Susan Foreman 15th June 2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 537981)
The main problem with people posting on Facebook is they usually ask really stupid questions or post really stupid comments

My comments on FB are more along the lines of 'you announced this title 9 months ago, and since then we have heard nothing. What's the current situation?' which should result in:

a) It is continuing as planned
b) It was released 3 months ago, and you missed it
or
c) It has had to be pulled from our schedule for whatever reason

not an answer that consists of:

nothing

JAMIOUSE 15th June 2017 06:18 PM

I wasn't meaning you Susan my dear, I was meaning people that do post comments like 'I've never heard of this title' etc. or the women that posted 'I don't like horror films, there nasty'.
I do think 88 prematurely announce titles sometimes or if something doesn't get mentioned for months on end like The Mercenary they should update us on it's status.
Maintaining radio silence is never the answer, it just winds people up.

trebor8273 15th June 2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 537977)
Love this artwork!:cool:

Me too is that the reverse artwork of the slipcase?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th June 2017 02:28 PM

Slip I think.....

Creepozoids and I Drink Your Blood arrived today.:cool:

trebor8273 16th June 2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 538089)
Slip I think.....

Yes from store looks like slip, so will order that no interest in I drink your blood with better versions out for about £5 extra but might get creepozoids with slip

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 538089)
Slip I think.....

Ditto.

http://i.imgur.com/wz2RspGl.jpg?1

Nordicdusk 16th June 2017 03:59 PM

Whats the release date for Just Before Dawn my pre order on Amazon says the end of July.

davcol 16th June 2017 04:13 PM

impressed with the question and answer session on facebook, all questions answered.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 538098)
impressed with the question and answer session on facebook, all questions answered.

I've just read through it now. Pretty uninspiring really. Not 88 but the questions asked.

Why don't you release...? and Why won't you reply to my email? being all i got out of it.:lol:

trebor8273 16th June 2017 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 538099)
I've just read through it now. Pretty uninspiring really. Not 88 but the questions asked.

Why don't you release...? and Why won't you reply to my email? being all i got out of it.:lol:

yes pretty uninspiring,as you say 99% are when are you releasing this film,what films are next or you didn't replay to my message etc . i was expecting it just to be a wall of angry keyboard warriors, wasted money on popcorn for nothing!