Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

michal 14th May 2016 08:51 AM

lets hope 88 films will put german inserts for absurd into the movie since the say it will be uncut and us dvd is uncut if they say no german inserts in to the
movie no buy for me since not uncut.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th May 2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 489973)
lets hope 88 films will put german inserts for absurd into the movie since the say it will be uncut and us dvd is uncut if they say no german inserts in to the

I hope you don't mind me asking, but have you contributed to the IndieGoGo campaign?

michal 14th May 2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 489975)
I hope you don't mind me asking, but have you contributed to the IndieGoGo campaign?

yes i did

michal 14th May 2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

I may add more money if they confirm absurd will have German inserts in to the film

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th May 2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 489973)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 489977)
yes i did

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 489979)
I may add more money if they confirm absurd will have German inserts in to the film

If you have contributed enough already, you will have 'bought' Absurd in whatever form. The more money they have, the better it will be.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th May 2016 09:25 AM

Right now, they have raised £7610, 76% of the money needed for Absurd, which is brilliant.

fuzzymctiger 14th May 2016 09:32 AM

I'm so poor between dropping $400 for tickets and merch for Iron Maiden the other week, multiple evenings out drinking, and Slipknot tickets in two days, but my god by hook or by crook I will find some way to obtain the money to fund this.

I love contributing to restorations, and even better to horror movies and Italian exploitation! Funding for this is going heaps faster than the last IndieGoGo, so if they get even just two I'd be happy but 4 would be amazing.

Last time I was a little underwhelmed with their campaign between non existent communication, massive delays and underwhelming slipcases in quality and design, but they were a fledgling label then and the Italian line had barely started, where as they are clearly experience now and I trust them to do a good swift job with this :)

Being able to already supply a 5 minute 2K sample of Absurd is certainly enough to convince me as opposed to last time's "we have the Zombi Holocaust negs and will try find anything for Burial Ground"

Gold6082 14th May 2016 10:30 AM

chucked £45 in for perk 1 the 4 films (hopefully 4) with slipcases,that'll do me. I may chuck in another £20 if I can afford it before the campaign ends.

I think they will easily reach the £40,000 and probably much sooner than the 30 days judging by the fact the first 10,000 has nearly been reached in less than 24hrs.

MuckyFunster 14th May 2016 10:38 AM

I wonder if they'll withdraw the £45 perk for potentially four films if they do start getting close to the big figures. Maybe like a £45 gamble for people who are willing to contribute early, as opposed to people who may wait to see what they'll be guaranteed to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J Harker 14th May 2016 10:43 AM

So am i understanding there was only one actual announcement yesterday? Criminal Law?

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th May 2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 489989)
So am i understanding there was only one actual announcement yesterday? Criminal Law?

There were five announcements yesterday.

The four in the campaign will be coming out as 88 have bought them. The campaign is just to make sure 88 themselves don't have to pay for the materials being spruced up.

I know that sounds cynical but it makes good business sense for them and i have no problem with that whatsoever.

Andra Jai 14th May 2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 489935)
Massacre in Dinosaur Valley has only small chance to pass uncut:hide:

I would imagine the only cut will be more needless animal scenes and the rest should sail through.

I will pick up Absurd and Dino valley but have never seen the other two so unsure on those.

michal 14th May 2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 489991)

The four in the campaign will be coming out as 88 have bought them. The campaign is just to make sure 88 themselves don't have to pay for the materials being spruced up.

I know that sounds cynical but it makes good business sense for them and i have no problem with that whatsoever.

I agree with that if people have problem with campaign they can buy severin
versions

J Harker 14th May 2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 489991)

I thought the four in the campaign had already been announced anyway?

fuzzymctiger 14th May 2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 489996)
I thought the four in the campaign had already been announced anyway?

Not sure about Massacre in Dinosaur Valley but the other 3 definitely had. Aenigma and Beyond the Darkness had been confirmed with covers, and the IndieGoGo for Absurd had been heavily teased.

fuzzymctiger 14th May 2016 12:31 PM

Nightmares in a Damaged Brain and Zombi 3 are are 6.29 pounds at Zavvi at the moment which is a great deal, especially for Nightmares which has been difficult to get.

keirarts 15th May 2016 04:21 PM

I shall kick in at the end of the month.

I think I might me the only person genuinely excited for Aenigma. :lol:

michal 15th May 2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 490068)

you are not alone i love aenigma

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th May 2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Whilst i wouldn't say i love it, i certainly do like it, preferable to some of Fulci's more celebrated films and would always want it in my collection.

Wonder if 88 will be announcing The Red Monks? Just a thought.

keirarts 15th May 2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 490070)
you are not alone i love aenigma

I must admit to having a 'thing' for the late 80's early 90's micro budget stuff the Italians churned out as the industry collapsed. Things like Hell's gate, massacre, sodoma's ghost, Ghost house... ect ect.

keirarts 15th May 2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 490071)
Whilst i wouldn't say i love it, i certainly do like it, preferable to some of Fulci's more celebrated films and would always want it in my collection.

Wonder if 88 will be announcing The Red Monks? Just a thought.

I'd buy that!!!!!:nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th May 2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 490073)
I'd buy that!!!!!:nod:

So would i. I know Fulci didn't direct it but it feels like a Fulci film all the same. Director Gianni Martucci only made five films, The Red Monks is the only one i've seen but Blazing Flowers (1979) and Trhauma (1980) sound interesting as does The Flower with the Deadly Sting (1973) which he wrote.

keirarts 15th May 2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 490075)
So would i. I know Fulci didn't direct it but it feels like a Fulci film all the same. Director Gianni Martucci only made five films, The Red Monks is the only one i've seen but Blazing Flowers (1979) and Trhauma (1980) sound interesting as does The Flower with the Deadly Sting (1973) which he wrote.

Are they available?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th May 2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 490075)

I haven't seen any of those, but something tells me I should have. At least, I now really want to.

Antropophagus 15th May 2016 05:22 PM

It'll be blasphemy if Aenigma or Massacre in Dinasour Vally get a 2K remaster before Beyond the Darkness.

MuckyFunster 15th May 2016 05:32 PM

I'll chuck a few shekels their way come pay day. Roll on the 28th o the month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th May 2016 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 490076)
Are they available?

I don't think so unfortunately.

keirarts 15th May 2016 05:33 PM

I'm bracing myself for when the re-master looks scuzzy. I remember the furore when Shriek show released beyond the darkness and there was a suggestion the materials were f****d. Then again they got good results from Burial ground.

michal 15th May 2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 490084)
It'll be blasphemy if Aenigma or Massacre in Dinasour Vally get a 2K remaster before Beyond the Darkness.

Do you think that beyond the darkness should be at first place

Antropophagus 15th May 2016 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 490091)
Do you think that beyond the darkness should be at first place

It's the best of the lot. There can't be any doubt about that. Hell, they could choose The Perfume of the Lady in Black instead of Aenigma or Massacre also. Can't really understand the logic in choosing those two.

michal 15th May 2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 490094)
It's the best of the lot. There can't be any doubt about that. Hell, they could choose The Perfume of the Lady in Black instead of Aenigma or Massacre also. Can't really understand the logic in choosing those two.

Fan base. the problem for 88 films may be if they dont reach there goal for buio omega people will have more interests in severin edition . well times will
show

Antropophagus 15th May 2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michal (Post 490096)
Fan base. the problem for 88 films may be if they dont reach there goal for buio omega people will have more interests in severin edition . well times will
show

And rightfully so, because all the current masters of Buio omega are crappy. But hopefully they reach all the goals.

fuzzymctiger 15th May 2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

I am as well :) Although I've never seen it I'm always willing to give Fulci a go

Will probably wait until £20,000 before I chip in just so I have the security of at least 2 blus, because I don't mind paying £45 including shipping for two blus I'm helping to restore. Not a massive fan of flexible funding but it's a very clever gamble here that'll incentivise people to contribute rather than wait, and also having such a big basic bundle, £45, means it'll go a lot faster than smaller ones like £15-25

fuzzymctiger 15th May 2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 490089)
I'm bracing myself for when the re-master looks scuzzy. I remember the furore when Shriek show released beyond the darkness and there was a suggestion the materials were f****d. Then again they got good results from Burial ground.

That's been said a lot in the past about titles that have turned out quite nicely given the proper TLC by a competent label so I have confidence :) Like you said, Burial Grounds is a perfect example, and if they can resurrect that, even if it does look like it could still use a little improvement (colour correction), then they can resurrect any Italian title, and the more money they get, the better a job they can do and the more films they can restore

I actually hope they exceed £40,000 so we can see what other movies they'll offer up to restore

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th May 2016 10:39 PM

Being dvd only i won't be contributing but i will buy Absurd when it's released. I already have the other three films.

They'll still need people like me to buy them off the shelves so to speak.

J Harker 15th May 2016 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 490133)
Being dvd only i won't be contributing but i will buy Absurd when it's released. I already have the other three films.

They'll still need people like me to buy them off the shelves so to speak.

Reckon you'll ever upgrade Dem?

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 490135)
Reckon you'll ever upgrade Dem?

Not until i need to, ie - my dvd played gives up the ghost. However with all the firmware bollocks and needing to have your blu internet connected i just might not bother.

Justin101 16th May 2016 11:30 AM

As long as you have a new machine, it'll be up to date firmware wise to play all current discs, I can't imagine there will be many more updates. You don't need to be internet connected either, I recently replaced my player with a £40 Samsung model from Argos that doesn't have an internet connection :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th May 2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 490150)
Not until i need to, ie - my dvd played gives up the ghost. However with all the firmware bollocks and needing to have your blu internet connected i just might not bother.

I have had 4 players - a PS3 that I bought around 2008 (which updates automatically as long as you're connected to the network) one that I bought around 2010 (never been updated), and a two more I bought about 2013/2014 (never updated) and have never had an issue playing a disc on any of them - at least so far.

I don't bother with all the BD Live content though so that could also be a reason why I've never had to update.

Steel76 16th May 2016 12:00 PM

I own an Oppo bdp-93 player.
And I haven't updated the player in years.
The only reason for the updates, was mostly for added features etc.
I never had any BD player connected to the internet.
There is no need for it, and those internet based BD-Live features, was only a "thing" in the early days, and isn't really used at all nowadays.
And cultlabels, never had any of those extras.

I know that LG and Samsung had some problems in the past, don't know about the newer ones. But the players I've owned, PS3, Sony and now Oppo, I've never had any problems with discs that was unplayable.

Though, in comparison, I had problems with some DVD's back in the day.

Can't believe that Blu-Ray is already 10 years old now :eek:
DVD was only 9 years old, when BD came out, and now THAT format is close to 20 years! Pretty close to the age of VHS when it finally died ;)