Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 06:55 PM

So all the furore about whether Damaged Brain would be uncut and it definitely would have been passed by the BBFC...sorry i can't type for laughing! :xmaslol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 471440)
Nightmare and Emmanuelle are both missing from their webshop now. Bugger. I should've bought them.

I have Nightmare already, but didn't order Emanuelle directly from them. Like you, I wish I had.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 471441)
So all the furore about whether Damaged Brain would be uncut and it definitely would have been passed by the BBFC...sorry i can't type for laughing! :xmaslol:

I doubt the BBFC are laughing, nor the people at Trading Standards.

J Harker 18th December 2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 471441)

I missed something?

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 471445)
I missed something?

Dozens of posts asking whether Nightmares would pass the BBFC uncut. Melon Farmers suggested it was the R-rated version so the internet nearly exploded.

Calum even posted on here to assure people it would be the uncut release and it would sail past the BBFC. Which it clearly did... so fast that they never saw it.

The irony of it all.

Seriously though i don't know the implications for 88 Films. I'm sure now it's been withdrawn it will be submitted and then released. Genuine mistakes do happen it's just life.

shel 18th December 2015 07:11 PM

Nightmare shows up on the BBFC site as submitted by 88 in November are we saying the version released is different to that one submitted?

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 07:13 PM

88 say they were certified, and even if they weren't, I don't think it's anyone's business to put that info out there, especially all over social media sites (sure I'll get a message calling me an idiot, or worse for saying that).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shel (Post 471448)
Nightmare shows up on the BBFC site as submitted by 88 in November are we saying the version released is different to that one submitted?

Maybe the BBFC has yet to report on the film?

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 471450)
88 say they were certified, and even if they weren't, I don't think it's anyone's business to put that info out there, especially all over social media sites (sure I'll get a message calling me an idiot, or worse for saying that).

Why would you get insulted for saying that Stephen?

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th December 2015 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shel (Post 471448)

Someone mentioned on blu-ray.com that Emanuelle wasn't submitted because it's not ok tge BBFC site. A lot of films take ages to appear after certification. And if Nightmare is on there submitted by 88, even though someone is saying it wasn't submitted, i'm wary of their claims that 88 tried to pull a fast one with Emanuelle too.