Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th August 2016 11:45 AM

The 88 Films Thread

4 Attachment(s)
River of Death blu-ray has arrived at 88 HQ. Hopefully it won't be long until it's up for order in the store. Nice to see they used the UK vhs art on the reverse too.

Attachment 181915Attachment 181917Attachment 181918Attachment 181919

Sam 28th August 2016 09:00 PM

Quick question, does anyone know if there is a page missing from the booklet of

Sam 28th August 2016 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 503078)
Quick question, does anyone know if there is a page missing from the booklet of

.... sorry hit send too early! Should have read does anyone know if the booklet for 88's 'Bloody Birthday' is missing a page or is it just the copy I picked up? Not a deal breaker but it was quite an interesting read and the booklet seemed fairly intact, even pristine, otherwise!

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th August 2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 503079)
.... sorry hit send too early! Should have read does anyone know if the booklet for 88's 'Bloody Birthday' is missing a page or is it just the copy I picked up? Not a deal breaker but it was quite an interesting read and the booklet seemed fairly intact, even pristine, otherwise!

Just checked mine, which was bought when it was first released. You're right, it stops mid-sentence at the end of a page and a new sentence starts on the next (on the centre pages). I never noticed before because I never read the booklets. This is just another reason I think they should do away with them.

Sam 28th August 2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 503080)
Just checked mine, which was bought when it was first released. You're right, it stops mid-sentence at the end of a page and a new sentence starts on the next (on the centre pages). I never noticed before because I never read the booklets. This is just another reason I think they should do away with them.

Thanks for checking, I thought so since the booklet looked untouched, despite me picking it up at Cex!

Drakie79 29th August 2016 12:30 AM

I just bought Ghost Town on Scream Factory damn it!!!!! Have Intruder too sadly. Lots of great films coming..... all of which I own! Would love to have them if I could spare the money; if only to compare.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th August 2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

No chance!
Love reading a good booklet from Waddell!

mr 420 29th August 2016 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 503129)
No chance!
Love reading a good booklet from Waddell!

I can still remember getting the old Anchor Bay DVD of The Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue back in 2002 and being amazed to find a pocket sized reprint of Midnight Media's superlative booklet by Nigel J Burrell alongside the disc.

To this day it's still probably my favourite one to revisit.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th August 2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 503081)
Thanks for checking, I thought so since the booklet looked untouched, despite me picking it up at Cex!

I flicked through mine when it first arrived and didn't notice the omission – it seems they forgot to print and include a page. I wonder if Calum has the essay on his computer and could put it in its entirety on this thread.

Screaming Queen 30th August 2016 07:25 AM

88 Films Blu Rays

I'm currently discovering these Blu Rays which are a bit like Arrow on a budget? They tend to release video shop classics like Zombi Holocaust and Burial Ground. I've watched a few so far. Any other collectors on here, what do you recommend?