Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

michal 9th June 2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakie79 (Post 493505)
If films cannot be released uncut then they should not be. If someone has such a profound issue with certain scenes then they should avoid the title altogether. Its like saying I like Triumph Of The Will but only with the Nazi bits cut out. Watching the scene comparison on my copy of Cut And Run really highlighed for the silliness of it all.
Hope they get an uncut form for the sake of the folks helping fund this stuff.

Lets hope 88 films will have something to say about it on facebook page

Antropophagus 9th June 2016 04:12 PM

Well, they act like they always do, completely ignoring my messages and the email but at the same time they found the time to respond to someone regarding a question on one of the perks. I'm really trying to be polite and friendly but 88 Films, I'm starting to think you are a very shady operation. Please try and prove me I'm wrong. I'll apologise publicly.

keirarts 9th June 2016 04:54 PM

From a consumer perspective advertising something as uncut when its not can be viewed as misrepresentation. While some people dont give a s*** (me included as midv is the one film from them I dont care about) for others it forms part of their decision to purchase the item. Theoretically it could be an issue for the advertising standards authority and possibly trading standards if someone kicks up a fuss. Certainly anyone aggrieved would legally be within their rights to be asked to put back into a pre-contractual position.

Frankenhooker 9th June 2016 06:14 PM

Misrepresentation is breach of contract and anyone who has been misled will get their money back.

My problem is this, nobody knows what is going on. Saying this film is cut, if it eventually passes uncut, could be deemed detrimental and those who say it could also leave themselves open to legal action. People should wait until the facts are known and then follow their own path.

88 Films are a small company, people need to be sure before putting statements on the Internet, it can be damaging.

keirarts 9th June 2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 493528)
Misrepresentation is breach of contract and anyone who has been misled will get their money back.

My problem is this, nobody knows what is going on. Saying this film is cut, if it eventually passes uncut, could be deemed detrimental and those who say it could also leave themselves open to legal action. People should wait until the facts are known and then follow their own path.

88 Films are a small company, people need to be sure before putting statements on the Internet, it can be damaging.

Fully agree. I suspect it will end up cut, but its not been submitted yet so early days however I think they are taking a big chance with this one assuming the BBFC will pass it.

JAMIOUSE 9th June 2016 07:16 PM

Has anyone emailed 88 or James and Richard directly about MIDV possibly been cut? I know their not always the best at responding to emails and messages but they do generally reply. There is a possibilty that 88 aren't even aware of this fuss going down on the forums.

Antropophagus 9th June 2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 493546)
Has anyone emailed 88 or James and Richard directly about MIDV possibly been cut? I know their not always the best at responding to emails and messages but they do generally reply. There is a possibilty that 88 aren't even aware of this fuss going down on the forums.

Yes, I did email them. And I am pretty sure they are very well aware. Someone has asked them about it on blu-ray.com forums. They responded to the post made later than the Massacre in Dinosaur Valley one. This thing is what upsetting me. Their customer servicce is almost non-existent. Some time ago they were upset and were wondering why people didn't have higher opinion of them. This is one of the reasons why. Another label that act like them is Raro.

Frankenhooker 9th June 2016 07:32 PM

Funny how one person got a detailed reply saying it was cut though. I've emailed them a couple of times, no reply.

J Harker 9th June 2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 493528)

Saying this film is cut, if it eventually passes uncut, could be deemed detrimental and those who say it could also leave themselves ope to legal action. People should wait until the facts are known and then follow their own path.

Good points. [emoji106]

PaulD 9th June 2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakie79 (Post 493505)
If films cannot be released uncut then they should not be. If someone has such a profound issue with certain scenes then they should avoid the title altogether. Its like saying I like Triumph Of The Will but only with the Nazi bits cut out. Watching the scene comparison on my copy of Cut And Run really highlighed for the silliness of it all.
Hope they get an uncut form for the sake of the folks helping fund this stuff.

Why? That makes no sense, expecially when uk cuts to films are made by the BBFC. They aren't cut to make them more palatable for an audiene, it's all the silly nonsense stemming from the VRA etc (which I disagree with)

I would prefer uncut everytime, of course, goes without saying. But I can live without animal violence if needs be and if a film is released uncut (like say New York Ripper or I Spit On Your Grave) I don't feel the need to bang on and on about how I am not gonna buy it. That sort of thing with genre fans does my head in, it's just as tedious a moral crusade as Mary Whitehouse as far as I am concerned