Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th September 2016 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 506820)
So thats the man behind the banana.

I take it you've never seen him before, Nordy?

That still is actually from an interview he gave. You can watch it on Youtube i think.

nosferatu42 29th September 2016 11:12 PM

I've got better things to do with my time, shit i've still got half a bottle of cheap booze left.;)
People like that is why i drink in the first place.:lol:

Nordicdusk 29th September 2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 506821)
I take it you've never seen him before, Nordy?

That still is actually from an interview he gave. You can watch it on Youtube i think.

No first time must watch the interview.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th October 2016 08:50 AM

Indiegogo update:

Quote:

Hi Everyone, thanks for your patience.

We're getting close with this project. We're just waiting on a few final things to come together then we can start producing the discs and shipping them out.

In the meantime would everyone please be so kind as to check we have spelt their name correctly for the end credits and if there are any changes please can you email press@88films.co.uk (please don't tweet, Facebook etc as we might miss it).

Here is the link to your credit listing: There are nearly 1000 names so it maybe easiest to search for it using your browsers search facility.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/pages/indiegogo-credits

Susan Foreman 4th October 2016 08:56 AM

They haven't included me in the credit list

Mind you, I didn't actually pledge anything, but I thought using Hollywood logic, by the laws of average, the cliches that appear in films and the kind of luck that means you turn on the radio/television/tape recorder/open the book at exactly the right moment, SOMEONE named Susan Foreman would have given money!

Boo Radley 4th October 2016 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 506785)
So with the talk of Code Red / Bill / Bananna Man buying the worldwide rights to many of the Italian films he's releasing I thought I'd consult 88. If Bill was buying the worldwide rights that would immediatly stop 88 or Shameless from putting out various titles.

I heard back from 88 Richard today, he says that Bill has not got the worldwide rights to any of the titles he's putting out and doesn't know why he would claim too.

I personally think Bill's deal may be more of an 'exclusive' deal where he gets the masters first and other labels may have to wait six or so months. 88 were hoping to put Ironmaster and After the Fall of New York out in 2016 but there delayed until 2017 which reading between the lines from their FaceBook post months ago may have something to do with Bill...

So the upshot is that Bill maybe releasing Seven Bloodstained Orchids, Monster Shark etc but the rights are still available for 88 or Shameless or even Arrow to buy for a UK release.

Could anyone post a link to where it officially states that CR DVD, not Joe Bloggs on Bluray.com or A Shole on some fan film forum, has stated that they have world wide rights to any Italian movie? To my meagre knowledge they have never done so but I could be wrong.
The only two films CR has claimed as exclusive to them is the North American rights to Schoolgirls in Chains and the Worldwide rights to The Love Butcher. All the rest of his releases he has stated that he has only a USA contract - which he uses as an excuse that he cannot legally sell his films outside the USA.
I'm just intrigued to where this all comes from...
Any links??

fuzzymctiger 4th October 2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 507181)
Could anyone post a link to where it officially states that CR DVD, not Joe Bloggs on Bluray.com or A Shole on some fan film forum, has stated that they have world wide rights to any Italian movie? To my meagre knowledge they have never done so but I could be wrong.
The only two films CR has claimed as exclusive to them is the North American rights to Schoolgirls in Chains and the Worldwide rights to The Love Butcher. All the rest of his releases he has stated that he has only a USA contract - which he uses as an excuse that he cannot legally sell his films outside the USA.
I'm just intrigued to where this all comes from...
Any links??

He's also stated he has worldwide to Just Before Dawn (an absolute shame), and supposedly went out of his way to get worldwide for The Forest when he heard 88 were waiting for him to make a transfer then license it

mr 420 4th October 2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 507182)
He's also stated he has worldwide to Just Before Dawn (an absolute shame), and supposedly went out of his way to get worldwide for The Forest when he heard 88 were waiting for him to make a transfer then license it

Damn! I've been waiting for a good release of the forest for ages. :nono: :axekiller:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th October 2016 12:58 PM

That's one of main contentious points with Code Red, you never know if what you hear is true or not. There are so many rumours and Bill has built his business around exploiting this.

fuzzymctiger 4th October 2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 507185)
Damn! I've been waiting for a good release of the forest for ages. :nono: :axekiller:

There's a blu ray Code Red released but I don't know of it's quality or where or how to get it. I gave up on Code Red a long time ago