Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Blinkant 16th July 2015 03:00 PM

Trancers 2 is one I missed.

Im sure I got Graduation Day in the first pack, along with toxie 3, 4 and Eskimo Nell. Cant be 100% though.

Horrormad1983 16th July 2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinkant (Post 456827)
Trancers 2 is one I missed.

Im sure I got Graduation Day in the first pack, along with toxie 3, 4 and Eskimo Nell. Cant be 100% though.

My first pack contained all apart from Graduation Day, I remember picking that up in the 88 films 50% off sale in Nov time if I recall.

TJ Doc 16th July 2015 06:31 PM

According to the email I just got from Amazon, The Dead Next Door has a new estimated release window of January 2017.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Wa...82a8fb37cd.jpg

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th July 2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 456845)
According to the email I just got from Amazon, The Dead Next Door has a new estimated release window of January 2017.

http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Wa...82a8fb37cd.jpg

It wasn't scheduled for this year in the update they gave on Facebook, so I expected it would be next year.

TJ Doc 16th July 2015 06:52 PM

Well I'd better get to waitin'! :couch:

This reminds me, did they ever mention what happened to Intruder?

VeZius 16th July 2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horrormad1983 (Post 456803)
I emailed 88 films as i too am waiting on Bloodstained Shadow. I received an email back stating all there Bloodstained Shadow stock was sent to HMV instead of a few units for some reason and they are now waiting for them to redirected back to 88 films. Do you have any idea how many blu-rays we have had so far as i was due 25 blu rays and have slowly lostcount on how many they have sent me.

I've got these:

1. Toxic Avenger Part III
2. Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV
3. Eskimo Nell
4. American Ninja
5. American Ninja 2
6. American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt
7. American Ninja 4: The Annihilation
8. Trancers 2: The Return of Jack Deth
9. Mother's Day
10. Don't Go in the Woods... Alone!
11. Slaughterhouse
12. Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers
13. Dead of Winter
14. X-Ray
15. The Boogey Man
16. Night Train Murders
17. Zombi Holocaust x2 (Even though I asked one of them to be replaced with another)
18. Antrohopophagus
19. Tromeo & Juliet

Graduation Day definitely wasn't part of the rewards. It was released October 2014, whilst they didn't start shipping new releases as rewards until late January 2015.

Originally they were gonna release American Ninja boxset as a digipak type of deal, and at least the first movie as a separate release. I asked them which one the backers were gonna get. I was told that it would be the boxset and that it would only count as 1 out of the 25 rewards. But since then their plans changed and the boxset was just individual releases with a slipcase. I received the separate releases without the slip, so I don't know then if that still counts as 1 or not. I've asked them about the slip and they've said on a few occasions that they will send it to me, but I've still not received it. So I guess I'm not getting one. Not the end of the world really though.

Blinkant 16th July 2015 10:36 PM

Guess I'm mistaken about graduation day.

Don't think zombi holocaust counts as part of the 25 though

Horrormad1983 17th July 2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinkant (Post 456878)
Guess I'm mistaken about graduation day.

Don't think zombi holocaust counts as part of the 25 though

No Zombi Holocaust x2 doesn't count towards the 25 blu-rays. They come separate as does Burial Ground when released as 88 films said we get 2x Zombi Holocaust with slipcovers, Burial Ground with slipcover and 25x blu-rays from beginning of January. I really hope American Ninja is classed as one as I only care for the first movie.

DayzeUK 17th July 2015 10:01 PM

Just picked up Wrestlers V Zombies complete with slip case for £4.43 inc postage :pop2:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th July 2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayzeUK (Post 457038)
Just picked up Wrestlers V Zombies complete with slip case for £4.43 inc postage :pop2:

From where? It's £4.99 at Amazon.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th July 2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 457042)
From where? It's £4.99 at Amazon.

It's a used copy - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...condition=used

Steel76 18th July 2015 08:49 AM

Zombie Holocaust just shipped from Amazon.
And it only cost me £13 incl shipping to Sweden :)
I also got Blade in the Dark, on pre-order, at the same price.

Antropophagus 18th July 2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 457066)
Zombie Holocaust just shipped from Amazon.
And it only cost me £13 incl shipping to Sweden :)
I also got Blade in the Dark, on pre-order, at the same price.

Bought it for £7.49 plus shipping.

Steel76 18th July 2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 457070)

Damn, that's insanely cheap :)

Antropophagus 18th July 2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 457072)
Damn, that's insanely cheap :)

Wait a second till I post something else ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th July 2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antropophagus (Post 457070)

Incredibly cheap considering the quality of the overall disc and 'bonus' documentary.

Antropophagus 18th July 2015 10:21 AM

http://thumbnails113.imagebam.com/42...9422723618.jpg

Steel76 18th July 2015 10:38 AM

:eek:

Antropophagus 18th July 2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 457078)
:eek:

:D

They ****ed one of my big orders up pretty bad and when I was furious and contacted them to complain they gave me some nice promotional store credit.

PaulD 18th July 2015 11:25 AM

Is anyone still waiting on their ZH kickstarter rewards? I still haven't received my bluray and t-shirt.

platostotal 19th July 2015 05:04 PM

HMV have placeholders for both Anthro dvd and ZH BD now with prices, as both are priced at £8.99 looks like the BDs will win hands down, tho I will pick up Anthro for the doc just as others have said, and I have the Stonevision ZH dvd somewhere, I thought it looked pretty good, but an old favorite like ZH deserves a new lease of life on UK BD, so that's £18 gone then:lol::lol:

Rik 21st July 2015 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 454797)
A BLADE IN THE DARK still on schedule?:)

Just had this email from Amazon:

"Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"A Blade in the Dark [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: August 24 2015"

Steel76 21st July 2015 07:33 PM

Yeah, I also got that mail...

I don't trust any release date from now on, when it comes to 88films.
Feels like these titles get a new release date every week...

Sure, every label change the release dates from time to time, but this is just getting silly.

It would be better that they say, Fall 2015, and wait with giving us a proper release date, until they are positive that they can keep it.

I REALLY hope that Zombi 3 and Burial Ground won't get pushed into 2016 :pray:

JAMIOUSE 21st July 2015 10:00 PM

It is starting to get pretty silly now, I ordered Blade direct the other week with the hope it would appear around my birthday along with Holocaust and Anthro. Will Zombi 3 make it's projected date? Who knows I just hope it doesn't turn into another Rabid Dogs type debacle.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st July 2015 10:15 PM

The 88 Films Thread

As much as I love 88 Films (and I consider James & Rich friends), I can sympathize with people. Both 88 & Arrow take money upfront when you order direct from them, and it can get a littke frustrating when things get delayed, especially when you could use the money that's been taken to buy stuff released in the meantime.

JAMIOUSE 22nd July 2015 10:13 AM

If a release date for an Arrow title slips they announce it on Facebook, Twitter and update their webshop with the new release date, they also explain as to why the date has slipped.

88 fail to acknowledge the release date has slipped, fail to announce a date change and don't update their webshop. Which is very disrespectful to your customers, especially for those who have already paid an overinflated price to get your product sooner and support you direct.

88 seem to be on a collision course to destroy any good will that gets built up by just ignoring the basics, keeping your customers updated.

fuzzymctiger 22nd July 2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 457519)
If a release date for an Arrow title slips they announce it on Facebook, Twitter and update their webshop with the new release date, they also explain as to why the date has slipped.

88 fail to acknowledge the release date has slipped, fail to announce a date change and don't update their webshop. Which is very disrespectful to your customers, especially for those who have already paid an overinflated price to get your product sooner and support you direct.

88 seem to be on a collision course to destroy any good will that gets built up by just ignoring the basics, keeping your customers updated.

I agree, I backed the IndieGoGo when it started for Burial Grounds and Zombi Holocaust because at the time 88 had a very good reputation, with the first few stellar Slasher Collection titles, and very good treatment of most Troma's and Full Moons.

However since then, the Italian collection has provided more and more issues for them, from delays to poor releases, the IndieGoGo had woeful communication, with no updates through the page and slow infrequent ones from Facebook.

And worst of all, the IndieGoGo exclusive was poor quality. I understand I helped restored the movie, but it hurts a bit when people get it for 9 pound off Amazon and all I have to show for the 11 extra pounds I paid, is a poor quality and poorly assembled slipcover with wear, not even a slipcase as originally advertised.

From now on, I'll only be getting 88 Films stuff when it's cheap and has reviews out. At least the restoration was good...

Rik 22nd July 2015 10:30 AM

One of the main reasons why I don't pre-order direct from them, that and the fact most stuff is almost half the price on Amazon or in HMV.
I'd love to support these companies direct, but I can't justify paying more than necessary, especially when stuff like this happens meaning our money is gaining interest in their accounts while we wait for the product to arrive. Like Stephen says, the money could go on other releases

Steel76 22nd July 2015 11:11 AM

I just got Zombie Holocaust in the mail, and this is one hell of an upgrade.
Sure it's grainy, and has some damage, but that just adds to the grindhouse experience. This is even better than I expected.
It really is like watching the movie for the first time.
And that scene with the cannibal, jumping from the hospital window, and the arm breaking of the dummy, when it hits the ground, is still comedy gold :D

They did a great job with this one :happy:

I was surprised to see the Exposure Cinema logo come up on screen, after the 88Films logo. I didn't know they had teamed up with them on this release.

When it comes to 88Films, and they never ending delays.
It's pretty obvious, that they can't handle this by themselves.
This has gotten too big for a two man operation.
They really need to bring in some extra hands, especially someone that can handle all the communications on their website and facebook page.

Frankenhooker 22nd July 2015 11:13 AM

I watched 42nd Street Memories last night, thought it was absolutely superb, I enjoyed it more than the main feature and would of happily paid the nine quid just for the documentary.

Great stuff and it was really cool to see Frank Henenlotter on screen.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd July 2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 457531)
I was surprised to see the Exposure Cinema logo come up on screen, after the 88Films logo. I didn't know they had teamed up with them on this release.

I'm not sure of the full reasons behind it, but Exposure originally had Burial Ground and ZH but the licenses ended up reverting to 88.

Justin101 22nd July 2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 457532)
I watched 42nd Street Memories last night, thought it was absolutely superb, I enjoyed it more than the main feature and would of happily paid the nine quid just for the documentary.

Great stuff and it was really cool to see Frank Henenlotter on screen.

I did pay £9.00 for the doc, I have no intention of watching Anthro, which is why I picked up the DVD instead.

Justin101 22nd July 2015 01:06 PM

88 just posted a pic of A Blade in the Dark check disc saying that it's "finally nearly ready, we're running a little late with this one but it'll be shipping soon."

JAMIOUSE 22nd July 2015 06:25 PM

Which means that if they haven't sent the disc for duplication yet they knew it wouldn't be ready for the 20th July release date, they knew it wouldn't be making an appearence at all in July. Why not update the bloody webshop with a newer expected date? Why not make a post sooner on FaceBook?

I wonder if Spasmo will make its expected 14th August date or if that will end up been September?

JAMIOUSE 22nd July 2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 457540)
I'm not sure of the full reasons behind it, but Exposure originally had Burial Ground and ZH but the licenses ended up reverting to 88.

Theres four films that Exposure Cinema licensed -
Stagefright
Zombi Holocaust
Burial Ground
and forth that no one ever figured out...

nibblepibbley 22nd July 2015 06:38 PM

Anyone got any ideas what the feck an indiegogo supporter is to do to simply get their copy of ZH out of 88 Films?! Tried emailing, facebooking, tweeting and indiegogo itself. This really is taking the piss.

Rik 22nd July 2015 06:40 PM

Somebody on Facebook suggested ringing them

nibblepibbley 22nd July 2015 06:42 PM

I may do that but sadly my patience has expired so I may not be in the right frame of mind to speak to them!

Rik 22nd July 2015 06:45 PM

Yeah, I get that. There's a few people pissed off with them right now, they definitely need to employ more staff, even if it's just someone to do their admin work :nod:

JAMIOUSE 22nd July 2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibblepibbley (Post 457574)
Anyone got any ideas what the feck an indiegogo supporter is to do to simply get their copy of ZH out of 88 Films?! Tried emailing, facebooking, tweeting and indiegogo itself. This really is taking the piss.

When you paid your money for the campaign did you leave your address details and have you still got your Paypal reciept? I think a couple of other people have had similiar problems and it's because they didn't leave their address's.