Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

fuzzymctiger 6th June 2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer time (Post 536573)
You could say that arrow got "inspired" by shameless.Arrow had hardly any influence on the horror market b4 shameless hit the scene.

Very true observation!! Are Arrow just imitators who have risen above the pack? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

keirarts 6th June 2017 01:07 PM

Shameless and Arrow were copying overseas labels like Anchor bay/blue undeground.

Justin101 6th June 2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 536583)
Shameless and Arrow were copying overseas labels like Anchor bay/blue undeground.

For sure, I've been buying Anchor Bay since the dying days of VHS and a lot of those titles I bought have actually been picked up by Arrow since. These aren't exactly new business models.

keirarts 6th June 2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 536585)
For sure, I've been buying Anchor Bay since the dying days of VHS and a lot of those titles I bought have actually been picked up by Arrow since. These aren't exactly new business models.

It was one of the reasons I was supportive of Arrows early efforts in spite of technical issues. Beyond small labels like Redemption there were no real collectors labels, now we have numerous ones including Arrow, 88, indicator (who released a stellar release of Happy birthday to me as well as topping several twilight time releases of things like christine and body double) Eureaka, BFI & Signal one.

mr 420 6th June 2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 536155)

I think the only label prior to this to do this was VTC.

The Scorpio label also released double-wides sleeves. Two that I know of are Michael J Murphy's Invitation To Hell and Andy Milligan's (official video nasty) Blood Rites.

platostotal 6th June 2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 536583)

And of course our good friends at... Vipco:nono:

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th June 2017 07:48 PM

Can we keep it friendly here please? (It's not a request tbh, and Calum and anyone else will be told the same thing).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th June 2017 09:23 PM

As Stephen said, can we please keep this thread for discussing 88 Films' releases and not intra-label politics?

Rob4 6th June 2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 536650)
TBH all Rob ever does is slag off 88 Films and their "inferior" releases, assuming they're gonna **** up a release as soon as it's announced, pretty boring tbh :yawn:

FYI i'm very supportive of 88 and appreciative of their releases - they have a lot of my £s and will continue to do so. you are right i have moaned on two (not constant) occasions that certain releases might have been better with other labels - did the same with Scream too. And I have moaned when they have patently dropped the ball - that's a consumer's prerogative! i also moaned when arrow screwed up the Caltiki booklet. so my actual slagging off can practically be counted on one hand. i'll leave it there and promise that my next post where ever it is, is a positive one ;)

Rik 6th June 2017 09:46 PM

Wow, censored for having an opinion/observation, funny how Robs post remains even though he appears to actually insult Calum