Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Calum 22nd February 2017 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 522183)
But you seem to be passing a comment on the quality of drinking water rather than stating what you think about a film that features genuine animal killing!

My opinion was clear. I'm sorry you did not pick up on it. I'm done with the thread. It's a boring conversation and I recommend 88 release it.

J Harker 22nd February 2017 10:13 AM

To be fair 88's Facebook post seemed to just be asking if they should release the film cut or simply cancel it. Not for the general opinion on censorship, animal cruelty or third world drinking water. Personally I think they should go ahead and release it, I can live without a few seconds of animal violence, film looks bollocks anyway. I'm with others when it comes to general violence or sex being cut though.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd February 2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522196)
To be fair 88's Facebook post seemed to just be asking if they should release the film cut or simply cancel it. Not for the general opinion on censorship, animal cruelty or third world drinking water. Personally I think they should go ahead and release it, I can live without a few seconds of animal violence. I'm with others when it comes to general violence or sex being cut though.

Agree with J, here. :nod:

Rob4 22nd February 2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calum (Post 522178)
Man from Deep River did fairly well actually but it was a stacked edition. I have read some oddball stuff on BluRay.com that the 88 Asia line has not sold well too which s not true - Hex did better than expected, only Black Magic has underperformed.

As for the animal cruelty debate - I live somewhere where I don't have access to clean drinking water. If all you have to debate is the essential need to see a tortured pig then, hey, good luck to you.

you may be finished with the debate but your ill-informed comment cannot pass without reply. absolutely the debate is a 1st world problem not to be compared or confused with the real problems of the world. but to imply that because people entered into the debate they are too superficial to care about anything else is both arrogant and ignorant. you know nothing about the people on this board - the things they care about, the causes and movements they support and yet you feel the need to try and demonstrate your moral superiority.

Deadite 22nd February 2017 10:43 AM

Ooh look, dick comment at callum o'clock. Ignore list.

fuzzymctiger 22nd February 2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 522177)
He has got a strange penis!

Quote of the week there!

mr 420 22nd February 2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522152)
What cover are you looking at?

Its the Medusa one. Pre VPRC. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd February 2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522196)
To be fair 88's Facebook post seemed to just be asking if they should release the film cut or simply cancel it. Not for the general opinion on censorship, animal cruelty or third world drinking water. Personally I think they should go ahead and release it, I can live without a few seconds of animal violence, film looks bollocks anyway. I'm with others when it comes to general violence or sex being cut though.

Hear, hear. I know it is a phrase used in different circumstances, but 'publish and be damned' seems to summarise my thoughts on the matter. However, I'm not financially involved and just want to see the film.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd February 2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 522165)
Neither was my comment.

I couldn't care less what people buy. We all like different films, i like loads of movies others on here would say are garbage.

If we can't comment on the impression the clip gives us individually then there's no point even reading the thread or watching the clip.

Who 'dug' you about your comment?

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd February 2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 522213)
Its the Medusa one. Pre VPRC. ;)

Well yeah, then that's the same version. [emoji12]