Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522137)
And if all goes to plan, the reverse art will have the uncensored version of that (pretty ironic [emoji23]).

What's the uncensored version like Stephen? I can only picture the Ogron version.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 522138)
What's the uncensored version like Stephen? I can only picture the Ogron version.

Attachment 187360

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522139)

My Code Red disc arrived last week.
The cover on that's censored as well!!:lol:

AND it's region locked.
Unless it's another case of BBT -Bills Bullshit Tactics.

mr 420 21st February 2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 522138)

I'm looking at the cover right now and the girl is already topless in it, so god knows what they took out from it. Can you stick a pic up, Stephen? :thankingyou:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 06:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Used my skull points and got both of these for £25.:)

Boo Radley 21st February 2017 07:05 PM

I already have the Code Red release but I collect 88's Italian line as well so it's a spine builder for me and I'll buy the cut version as I did with Man From Deep River. If they want to stop people moaning then there are loads of films they could release with no BBFC problems and just stay away from cannibal gut munchers and other contentious titles.

It appears to me that us older collectors piss and moan more, wanting uncut versions because we went through the late 80's and 90's where every bloody thing was cut and at film fairs and the like a sure fire sale was to have "Complete Uncut Version" printed on the cover. It is a hangover to this day with me and if at all possible I will always buy an uncut version.

As soon as someone mentions they want the uncut version of any film cut for animal violence the Milleniums insinuate that they are sitting there watching crap like Ironmaster, dick in hand, tissues and handcream to one side. This might be true in my case but not for 99.9%.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 522142)
I'm looking at the cover right now and the girl is already topless in it, so god knows what they took out from it. Can you stick a pic up, Stephen? :thankingyou:

What cover are you looking at?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 522128)
It has nothing to do with animal cruelty to me. I dont buy films that have been cut. Be it 1 second for a headbutt, or 1 minute for a cockfight, I won't willingly give any company money if I can get something uncensored elsewhere that our moral guardians have cut.

Due to legislation, they don't have a choice. Unless the law is changed and the Cinematograph (Animals) Act is revoked, animal violence (unless it is not staged for the purposes of the film) will always be excised.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st February 2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 522158)
Due to legislation, they don't have a choice. Unless the law is changed and the Cinematograph (Animals) Act is revoked, animal violence (unless it is not staged for the purposes of the film) will always be excised.

I wasn't referring to the animal scenes being cut (which in itself is a stupid law as far as i'm concerned, as animal cruelty/violence is the same whether it was staged or not), but scenes in general cut from UK films by people who think they can dictate what I am allowed or not allowed to watch, even as an adult, and I refuse to play their game by paying for the privilage to be treated like a child who needs to be protected.

J Harker 21st February 2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 522123)
Based on that clip the film looks ridiculous anyway. Are a few seconds of stabbing a furry pig really going to matter?

Just to clarify this comment is in no way intended as a criticism of others decisions on whether to but this release or not.