Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd January 2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 563786)
They aren't available to preorder/order directly from 88 Films yet, but they have good company on the Coming Soon page:

https://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/pre-orders

They are. :lol:

I'm glad 88 are releasing loads of Asian films. Along with Arrow's dwindling cult horror slate it means i can spend my money on the American releases i need to catch up on.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd January 2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 563788)

They aren't in stock and therefore can't be bought at the moment. :confused:

Rik 23rd January 2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 563788)

I'm glad 88 are releasing loads of Asian films. Along with Arrow's dwindling cult horror slate it means i can spend my money on the American releases i need to catch up on.

Same, zero interest in the Asian films 88 are releasing, and 90% of Arrows output lately too :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd January 2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 563790)
They aren't in stock and therefore can't be bought at the moment. :confused:

Sorry didn't realise you can't pre-order.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd January 2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 563793)
Sorry didn't realise you can't pre-order.

They stopped doing preorders because it was proving quite difficult. I guess it's to do with keeping records and either shipping when available or only when all items are available, something a very big company can do easily but more of a challenge for what is (probably still) a two-man organisation.

Susan Foreman 24th January 2018 03:48 AM

Another new 'coming soon' announcement

Hansel And Gretel - Blu-Ray £13.96. Release date April 9th

"One of the greatest modern horror films of all time and one of the finest achievements in contemporary Korean cinema is back on Blu thanks to 88 Films! Pilsung Yim's masterful adult fairly tale HANSEL AND GRETEL (2007) is one of the creepiest and most imaginative nightmares of modern Asian cinema and a terrifyingly effective adaptation of an old European fairy tale favourite. 88 Films is proud to present a killer special edition of this baroque and picturesque art-terror text book in spine tingling shocks!! "

Susan Foreman 24th January 2018 05:34 PM

Remastering (or whatever the long word is)

Susan Foreman 26th January 2018 04:40 PM

"NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: Adult Fairy Tales (Blu-ray)

Release Date: 14th May

Little Bo Peep, Old King Cole, Little Tommy Tucker, Snow White, and many others, have all grown up and are ready for action! These enchanting characters from beloved nursery rhymes sing, dance, lust, and romance their way through this hilarious, naughty, and twisted tale where music, mirth, and merriment are the rule of the day. In a clothing optional land of make believe where everything is possible. See “Scream Queen” Linnea Quigley star in her first feature role in this erotic musical funfest!!

EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Brand new HD restoration from the original camera negative
2.55:1 presentation with newly created English subtitles
• Audio Commentary by writer Frank Ray Perilli and producer Charles Band
• Fairy Tales Trailer
• Reversible Sleeve with alternate original poster"

Susan Foreman 26th January 2018 04:42 PM

"NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT: Grizzly (Blu-ray)

Release Date: 14th May

Following the worldwide impact of JAWS in 1975 directors and producers were fast to cash-in on the success of the Steven Spielberg terror-trendsetter and to instigate a short-lived sub-genre of killer animal movies. Perhaps the most successful of all was 1976's GRIZZLY which took in mega-money upon its release and had audiences glued to their seats and avoiding natural parks for the foreseeable future! Starring the Great Christopher George (CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD) and directed by the genius exploitation master William Girdler (DAY OF THE ANIMALS), GRIZZLY traces the bloody rampage of the titular animal who is chomping, tearing and terrorising innocent campers and showcasing a case of insatiable hunger. If JAWS is the ultimate killer shark flick then GRIZZLY is the world's greatest marauding-mammal movie and, thanks to 88 Films, this all time classic horror film is finally available to UK audiences in gloriously gruesome HD!

EDITION CONTENTS:

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Film
• LPCM Mono Soundtrack
• Optional English Subtitles
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Sleeve with alternative cover image"

Susan Foreman 26th January 2018 04:45 PM

"FINAL MAY NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT Gifted (Blu-ray)

Release Date: 28th May

Director Juhn Jai-hong (who reached critical acclaim and feminist approval with 2008's shattering BEAUTIFUL) produced another instant classic with 2014's riveting and shocking GIFTED. In this tense thriller an everyday Joe, laid off from his job, finds a freelance gig that involves nothing in the way of pay but plenty in the way of murderous pleasure! A tense and twisted tale of life and death in modern South Korea - 88 Films is proud to give this underseen (at least in the West) story of shock and awe an HD British debut!

SPECIAL FEATURES

• High Definition blu-ray Presentation of the Film
• DTS-HD MA 5.1 Soundtrack, Korean with English Subtitles
• Reversible Sleeve with alternative cover image"