Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 13th July 2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 582086)
Is that the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped I can hear?

No, that was Luther The Geek!

I jest though. That had 2 things going for it....and both belong to Stacy Haiduk. [emoji13]

fuzzymctiger 14th July 2018 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 581365)
Remember that Body Melt art on the old UK vhs from First Independent (formally Vestron Video UK).

Attachment 206500

I thought it was absolutely bizarre art for the film, never seen that one before. Will there be an alternate art on the reverse?

fuzzymctiger 14th July 2018 01:42 AM

Also Calum, are you aware of if Body Melt is sourced from the same scan/transfer as the new Vinegar Syndrome 2K from Neg restoration? Or the Umbrella 4K from Interpositive restoration

Paul Zombie 14th July 2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 582090)
I wish they could get hold of My Bloody Valentine. I missed out on the US release. :crying:

i would love that film too. i saw it on VHS as a teenager and it was very good.
but i wont pay £140 for it on amazon, that is outrageous. :mad2:

Nostalgic 14th July 2018 03:11 PM

Is there any update on the "super exclusive" Eyeball blu ray yet?

Crimson Blade 14th July 2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Zombie (Post 582145)
i would love that film too. i saw it on VHS as a teenager and it was very good.
but i wont pay £140 for it on amazon, that is outrageous. :mad2:

Great film. But i wouldn't pay that even if i won the lottery.
That's just taking the piss :lol:

Susan Foreman 15th July 2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 582175)
Is there any update on the "super exclusive" Eyeball blu ray yet?

Not as such, but this has just appeared:

"Early review of our new 85 minute documentary on Umberto Lenzi which will appear on EYEBALL!"

Jeepers, Creepers… ALL EYES ON LENZI – THE LIFE AND TIMES OF THE ITALIAN EXPLOITATION TITAN Reviewed | HouseOfFreudstein - Wordpress

Susan Foreman 15th July 2018 05:37 PM

It's thought that the release of 'Deadtime Stories' is going to be the cut version

The report on MelonFarmers states:

"Deadtime Stories is a 1986 USA comedy horror by Jeffrey Delman.
Starring Scott Valentine, Nicole Picard and Matt Mitler

UK: Probably the cut UK version was passed 18 without BBFC cuts for:

The BBFC did not provide a short Insight statement. This typically means that the BBFC did not reassess the rating and reissued an old rating. To do this the latest submission must be the same as the old version submitted previously.

Censorship History

Cut by the BBFC for 18 rated VHS in 1986. Presumably the same version is 18 rated for 2018 Blu-ray. Also cut in the US for an MPAA R rating. The film has yet to be released uncut.

Promotional Material

In the creepy compendium style of CREEPSHOW (1982) comes DEADTIME STORIES (1986) a collection of stories with teeth and torment that are sure to send chills down the spines of viewers even today! A sleazy and shocking pack of splatter fairy tales - this contemporary spin on the likes of "Little Red Riding Hood" has gore aplenty, a sick sense of humour and enough splattered limbs to make for essential late night viewing. Directed by genre veteran Jeffrey Delman and packed full of plastic fantastic charms, 88 Films is enthusiastic about keeping you up at night with this perfectly resto [sic]"

News: Latest Cuts: BBFC cuts and bans

Justin101 16th July 2018 02:30 PM

I've never seen Alice, Sweet Alice. Is it a good slasher or one that's only famous because of the video nasty scandal?

Paul Zombie 16th July 2018 02:45 PM

i like Alice very much indeed and is like a american style giallo :)