Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

Trashforcash 10th November 2020 07:11 PM

Just pre-ordered the I Know What You Did Set. A lot of chat online about the price, but with Arrow charging £25 for Tremors (also ordered), I think it's an ok price. Even if it's one brilliant film, one so-bad-its-good classic and one utter garbage movie!

will graham 10th November 2020 09:25 PM

Yeah I think it's a reasonable price, I just think it's because no one wants the third one and that's why people are upset about the price.

Trashforcash 11th November 2020 02:35 PM

I think I'd actually prefer the I Know box set without I'll Always Know. The skate boarding stuff at the beginning is just beyond terrible.

For me its 29.99 for I know with the other two as bonus features!

J Harker 11th November 2020 03:17 PM

Maybe my recollection is off but as far as i was aware the original was a piddle poor Scream ripoff in the first place?? Vaguely remember being bored by the halfway point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Rik 11th November 2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 639922)
Maybe my recollection is off but as far as i was aware the original was a piddle poor Scream ripoff in the first place?? Vaguely remember being bored by the halfway point.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, even though it was written before Scream, I felt the same when I rewatched it a few weeks back :nod:

I haven’t seen the sequels though

will graham 11th November 2020 04:05 PM

Oh they are no classics. They're really more well known for shots of Jennifer love Hewitt's cleavage these days. No stand out murders but first one had good visual look to it.

As a side note must say I prefer Kuala shakers cover of hush over deep people's (please dont hurt me)

Trashforcash 11th November 2020 04:54 PM

I think I saw them in the cinema at a formative age. The 90s were a wasteland for slashers and horror in general. I remember sitting in the cinema watching The Relic and thought "is this really it for horror?". Then Scream and I Know came along and recaptured the 80s slasher spirit.

Besides I think I Know works really well. The police car escape leading to the death of Pete Sampras' wife in the department store is still in my top 5 slasher chase sequences.

I remember dragging a mate to the cinema to see I Still Know and almost dying of embarrassment... "Will Benson"? "Brazillia" Jesus it was lame. But I love it now as a loveable disaster. Why did Freddie Prinze Jr drive 500 miles to have one conversation with Julie before going home? It's hilarious.

As for I'll Always know... it's just irredemably appalling. Although the Zombie fisherman has a nice touch of Friday 13th Pt 6 about it. But its a straight to dvd crapfest that will disappoint/ enrage any fan of the original.

I'd love 88 to get hold of The Faculty.

Rik 11th November 2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will graham (Post 639926)

As a side note must say I prefer Kula shakers cover of hush over deep people's (please dont hurt me)

Back in the good ole days when live music was allowed in pubs (remember pubs?), my band played that version of Hush instead of the Deep Purple one, great cover! :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th November 2020 05:41 PM

Hush, hush now!

There's only one song that makes I Know What You Did Last Summer memorable and that's Type O Negative's cover of Summer Breeze as the camera sweeps up the coast line in the opening titles.

For the record i rather like the film. Saw it at the cinema and had a blast.

Saw the sequel at the cinema and really didn't.

Oddly i really enjoyed the DTV second sequel when i first saw it, but second time around it was somewhat less compelling.

Nostalgic 11th November 2020 05:53 PM

Urban Legend set ordered.
I saw the first one with my brother (RIP) at a midnight screening. Great film, great memories.