Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2586Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2016, 11:57 PM
Cult Addict

These so called children's shows, Children if the Stones and the like, ate they seriously worth my time?
Old 14th April 2016, 06:56 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
These so called children's shows, Children if the Stones and the like, ate they seriously worth my time?
Eh... it depends I guess.

I assume a lot of people purchase them for nostalgia sake but I took a punt on a few from the descriptions and I'm generally interested in a lot of things '70s; classic Britishness, the occult, paganism, flared trousers etc. so for me they were a safe-ish bet.

Some are better than others though. The Children of the Stones and The Owl Service are really good in my opinion. Enter the Labyrinth is pretty good but fairly repetitive (the third series is also a bit of a chore but you can at least muddle through and with it being a children's show it's far from taxing or lengthy).

One thing I would say though it really hi-lights how shite and dumbed down children's TV is nowadays when you look at shows like these which try to shoe-horn in history, science, mathematics etc. into an often decent script with some solid acting performances too. Viewers had less choice in those days though so I guess the quality had to be higher whereas today any shite will do...
Old 14th April 2016, 07:03 AM
Cult Veteran

I started watching Children of the Stones last night, I can't believe they (ITV) passed that off as a children's show It's unsettling to say the least. I am enjoying it very much though. I especially enjoyed the lovely old housekeeper fainting at the sight of Matthews carboot sale painting

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th April 2016, 08:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

well it looks like my order has went walkabout. contacted network yesterday and they contacted TNT who said it was out for delivery yesterday, but that never arrived so contacted network who contacted them again who are now saying they cant find where i am, which is very strange as they delivered to me on Monday. blame here holey lies with TNT and not newtwork who have been very helpful
J Harker likes this.
Old 14th April 2016, 09:00 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
well it looks like my order has went walkabout. contacted network yesterday and they contacted TNT who said it was out for delivery yesterday, but that never arrived so contacted network who contacted them again who are now saying they cant find where i am, which is very strange as they delivered to me on Monday. blame here holey lies with TNT and not newtwork who have been very helpful
So is it getting resent treb?
Old 14th April 2016, 09:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
So is it getting resent treb?
no. but network have contacted me just this minute actually and said its out for delivery and they have given them my phone number if they have a problem. but i'm not holding my breath for it to turn up

if it doesn't turn up by tomorrow im going to ask them to resend the order and make sure its sent using royal mail. with it being a order of over £100 and don't think im asking to much.

also how can you not find an address, i thought all couriers would have satnavs?
Old 14th April 2016, 09:41 AM
Cult Addict

I emailed Network yesterday about my damaged Thriller set, i got a reply from Sony. Just offered to replace it if i sent it back. By post. Courier delivered why can't the courier collect it??
Old 14th April 2016, 09:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I emailed Network yesterday about my damaged Thriller set, i got a reply from Sony. Just offered to replace it if i sent it back. By post. Courier delivered why can't the courier collect it??
simple fact it saves them money, its one good thing about prime they come and collect stuff
Old 14th April 2016, 10:50 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

My final parcel just arrived.
Old 14th April 2016, 10:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
My final parcel just arrived.
was it royal mail or someone else and when did you order?

Like this? Share it using the links below!