Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

MrBarlow 29th January 2021 02:34 PM

We extended the 101 Films*WINTER SALE*to the end of January, but it has to end on Sunday.
That means you have just a couple more days*to pick up one of over 150 Blu-rays, including 70s nail-biter*TWO MINUTE WARNING, Blaxploitation classic*TRUCK TURNER*and crazy 80s anthology*AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th February 2021 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
APRIL

Pledge Night

101 Films presents hellish hazing horror Pledge Night (1990), released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK. Combining absurd humour and grisly violence, and featuring a soundtrack from thrash metal icons Anthrax, Pledge Night is a unique serving of weird, sleazy terror.

It's hazing season at Phi Up and the boys are up to all sorts of nasty pranks on their hapless pledges, in between regular bouts of 'wetting their whistles' at the campus watering hole with some of the area's beautiful sorority babes. But this is going to be one literal 'hell week' as they unwittingly unleash the spirit of Acid Sid; an unfortunate pledge who was accidentally dissolved in acid during a hazing prank gone wrong some 20 years earlier. As the helpless fratboys and pledges fall victim to Sid's wrath and seemingly indestructible towering zombie corpse, it's up to the stragglers to figure out how to kill someone who's been dead for two decades...or die trying.

Special Features

"Hell Weeks" - a video interview with director Paul Ziller
"Graduating to Horror" - a video interview with writer/producer Joyce Snyder
"Hazing from Hell" - a video interview with actor Robert Lentini
"The Bad Man" - a video interview with actor Arthur Lundquist
Locations featurette
Original theatrical Trailer

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th February 2021 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
APRIL

Head Hunter

On the outskirts of a kingdom, in the shadows of a looming castle, a quiet but fierce medieval warrior protects the realm from monsters. The gruesome collection of trophy heads on the wall of his cabin is missing only one - the monster that killed his daughter. He travels wild expanses on horseback, driven by a thirst for revenge. When his chance for vengeance arrives, it's in a way far more horrifying than he ever imagined.

Special Features:

How We Made Head Hunter- Commentary with director Jordan Downey and producers Kevin Stewart and Ricky Fosheim
Why We Made Head Hunter - Commentary with writer-director Jordan Downey and writer Kevin Stewart
Making of featurette

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th February 2021 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:lol:
Uncle Peckerhead

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th February 2021 08:00 PM

Head Hunter was released last year on dvd. Picked it up for £3 at Asda in a nice slip cover.

Not watched it yet though. Apparently not an awful lot happens other than the head hunter wanders through the woods and sits by his camp fire.

It's supposedly very low budget.

marvinnashsear 4th February 2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 645653)
:lol:
Uncle Peckerhead

I watched this on Sky Movies. It's alright, nothing special. Title is the best thing about it.

nicholasrope 4th February 2021 09:36 PM

Pledge Night has my attention, will have to check out the trailer.

When I saw that a film called Head Hunter was being released, I couldn't place it so I looked up the VHS Rental cover.

The cover I saw was for a 80's B-Movie released by an obscure distributer with a cover that would attract attention. I thought ok, this is my sort of thing, the type of film I would rent during the good old days, however I now realize that it's for another film.

Unfortunately it's 69 minutes long and I have not seen any positive comments.

Such a shame.

Nordicdusk 4th February 2021 11:26 PM

Definitely picking up Pledge Night and The Head Hunter looks interesting after watching the trailer.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th February 2021 10:24 AM

101 Films

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 645652)
APRIL

Head Hunter

Should've been this one.

Attachment 231099

nicholasrope 5th February 2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 645682)
Should've been this one.

Attachment 231099

Yeah, I believe that was the one I mentioned in a previous post.

If only