Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Justin101 13th July 2021 02:26 PM

88's Christmas Evil is a great release!

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th July 2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 655803)
88's Christmas Evil is a great release!

I've got that on dvd already. I'm not that big a fan of it to be honest. It's okay but not one i'd want to upgrade.

Now Don't Open Till Christmas is something else altogether. I'd love to upgrade that one.

davcol 14th July 2021 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655805)
I've got that on dvd already. I'm not that big a fan of it to be honest. It's okay but not one i'd want to upgrade.

Now Don't Open Till Christmas is something else altogether. I'd love to upgrade that one.

I believe Mondo Macabro have put out a B.D of this. I still have their old DVD release somewhere.

Justin101 16th July 2021 12:08 PM

I'm personally pretending like this isn't happening, but there is a summer sale on at 101

https://101-films-store.com/collections/sale

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2021 12:28 PM

Just been there myself and ordered Pledge Night and Raw Force. :woot:

Justin101 16th July 2021 01:25 PM

I was surprised to see them discounted so soon after release. The 'Black Label' ones don't seem to be in the offer though, I would have actually bought Tammy and the T Rex even though it's shite :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 655990)
I was surprised to see them discounted so soon after release. The 'Black Label' ones don't seem to be in the offer though, I would have actually bought Tammy and the T Rex even though it's shite :lol:

Black Labe l ones only drop to a tenner which is still a fiver too much for Tammy and the TRex.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2021 01:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Both September's Black Label releases appeal to me.

101 Films presents Penelope Spheeris' searing drama Suburbia (1983), title 021 on the 101 Films Black Label. Starring real-life punks rather than trained actors, and featuring live performances from punk bands D.I., T.S.O.L. and the Vandals, Suburbia is an authentic and compassionate study of the Los Angeles punk rock scene in the early 1980s, and a bleak indictment of the American suburban experiment.

Evan and his younger brother leave their broken home in an attempt to escape their alcoholic mother. They fall in with "The Rejected" (aka T.R.), a group of punks who live as squatters in an abandoned shack by the side of the highway. With the T.R.s, the boys find a new family. But their new family will be tested when they become the target of "Citizens Against Crime," a group of unhappy suburbanites.

BRAND NEW EXTRAS
• Interview with director Penelope Spheeris
• Limited edition booklet: Includes Punks in Suburbia by John Towlson and Before Suburbia: Gangs on Film by Barry Forshaw

ADDITIONAL EXTRAS
• Commentary with director Penelope Spheeris
• Commentary with director Penelope Spheeris, producer Bert Dragin and actor Jennifer Clay
• Still Gallery
• TV Spots
• Trailer

101 Films presents The Boys Next Door (1985), a violent and disturbing crime thriller from director Penelope Spheeris (The Decline of Western Civilisation) and screenwriters Glen Morgan & James Wong (Final Destination, The X-Files).

Bo Richards (Charlie Sheen) has trouble talking to girls. Roy Alston (Maxwell Caulfield) is filled with an uncontrollable rage. On the weekend of their high-school graduation, the two suburban outcasts head for Los Angeles and embark on a violent murder spree that shocks the nation. But these young men are neither hardened criminals or foaming-at-the-mouth maniacs. They are simply The Boys Next Door.

BRAND NEW EXTRAS
Limited edition booklet: Includes Living with the Boys Next Door by John Towlson and AssassiNation: Cold-blooded Rebels and the Death of the American Dream by Rich Johnson

ADDITIONAL EXTRAS
Audio commentary with director Penelope Spheeris and actor Maxwell Caulfield
Blind Rage: Interview with Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA
Both Sides of the Law: Interview with actors Maxwell Caulfield and Christopher McDonald
Give Us Your Money: Interviews with street band performers Texacala Jones and Tequila Mockingbird
Caveman Day: Cinemaniacs interview with director Penelope Spheeris and actor Maxwell Caulfield
Tales from the End Zone: Interview with actor Kenneth Cortland
The Psychotronic Tourist – The Boys Next Door
Alternate Opening Title Sequence & Extended Scenes (Silent)
Trailer

Justin101 22nd July 2021 01:34 PM

I'm planning to order both of those as well, they've been on my radar for a while. Suburbia specifically since before DVD, not sure why I never picked it up on import.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 656311)
I'm planning to order both of those as well, they've been on my radar for a while. Suburbia specifically since before DVD, not sure why I never picked it up on import.

I really want to se the live footage of TSOL in that film.