Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Powerhouse Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13399-powerhouse-films.html)

hivemind 12th June 2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 628301)
Love Force Ten.
I prefer it to the original actually!
I remember the first time I saw it on Telly .....there was a dam built in the garden with the Action Man toys the next day! :lol:

I've always liked Robert Shaw, so that's another reason for the purchase. Goodwin's score is great as well. It's not all that bad. Still like Guns though. Horses for courses.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th June 2020 08:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Dispatched yesterday from PH! :clap:

hivemind 19th June 2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 628780)
Dispatched yesterday from PH! :clap:

Got Force 10 from zoom, and paid £16 quid for it. Not bad. Looking fwd to watching the extra's first, then the film.

Rob4 22nd June 2020 07:07 PM

it's been reported on Blurage that Indicator are planning a two disc release of John Badham's Dracula in October. Apparently the source is a fan podcast so I guess not set in stone...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd June 2020 09:15 PM

Watched FORCE TEN yesterday....obviously not made in these pc times.....

There'd be tearing down of Richard Kiel statues.....:fear::censored:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd June 2020 09:17 PM

Apart from that,another Powerhouse release from erm,Powerhouse.:clap:

A boyhood fave and a treat to see it being given such loving attention.

Graveyard 25th June 2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Harryhausen
Monday, 29 June, marks one hundred years since the birth of special effects genius Ray Harryhausen. INDICATOR will be celebrating via a number of offers.

First, a collection of five limited edition postcards – utilising original artwork – will be automatically included with every direct order from this website (while stock lasts). Secondly, THE WONDERFUL WORLDS OF RAY HARRYHAUSEN, VOLUME ONE: 1955-1960 will be available at a discounted price of £29.50 for one week only (offer ends 29 June at midnight). And, finally, our 3 FOR £30 offer on five Ray Harryhausen Standard Editions – FIRST MEN IN THE MOON, MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD, THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD, and SINBAD AND THE EYE OF THE TIGER – continues to be active. Just add three or more eligible titles to your cart, and enter the code THIRTY at the checkout.
:woot:

Dave Boy 1st July 2020 11:08 AM

Make sure you check out the awesome interview with Angus MacInnes on the Force 1O release. I wish it could have gone on longer. Very interesting.
I met him years ago.
Rollerball and Star Wars were the films before Force 10, but he never mentioned Star Wars.

The whole of the Force 10 From Navarone release is excellent as is The Beast Must Die release.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 629565)
Make sure you check out the awesome interview with Angus MacInnes on the Force 1O release. I wish it could have gone on longer. Very interesting.
I met him years ago.
Rollerball and Star Wars were the films before Force 10, but he never mentioned Star Wars.

The whole of the Force 10 From Navarone release is excellent as is The Beast Must Die release.

My copy arrived on Monday. Pleased about that. One of the films i seemingly grew up with, love it. No way was i going to miss out on the limited edition despite the fact i can't play it.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st July 2020 07:41 PM

GET A ****ING BLU RAY PLAYER! :lol: