Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Powerhouse Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/13399-powerhouse-films.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th June 2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 628282)
I've had the standard DVD for years. That will be heading to the charity shop very soon.

I hope it's a........sweet charity shop [emoji38]

Nostalgic 11th June 2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 628283)

Lol! If they still operate after corona!

Shops that deal in second hand goods might not fare so well.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th June 2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 628276)
I'm all in for a bit of Bob Fosse. Musicals and me don't usually mix but that set of Sweet Charity looks rather nice. I did order Force 10 from last month. Not a Particularly great film, but the extras with the retrospective on British Cinematographer Christopher Challis and the Ron Goodwin talking track are worth the purchase. I do respect what Powerhouse/Indicator have achieved since 2016. Every film is given a fair "crack at the whip" in terms of extra's and great Blu-Ray restoration. Always worth the purchase.

Love Force Ten.
I prefer it to the original actually!
I remember the first time I saw it on Telly .....there was a dam built in the garden with the Action Man toys the next day! :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th June 2020 08:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually,talking of Bob Fosse.....what’s the chances of this Mr.Brooke?
The TT disc must be long oop now surely? 🙂

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th June 2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 628284)
Lol! If they still operate after corona!

Shops that deal in second hand goods might not fare so well.

I'm sure (for a while at least), with donations they'll do the same as HMV will be doing with undamaged items returned to them, quarantining them for 72 hours.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th June 2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 628301)
Love Force Ten.
I prefer it to the original actually!
I remember the first time I saw it on Telly .....there was a dam built in the garden with the Action Man toys the next day! :lol:

I think it's way better than The Guns of Navarone too. Force Ten i consider to be a classic.

I saw Sweet Charity for the first time last year.

This is bloody genius!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSSlWfOCgLw

hivemind 12th June 2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 628283)

Where did you get that joke from?

Probably a bargin bucket Poundland box of Xmas crackers going cheap. :pound:

hivemind 12th June 2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 628304)
Actually,talking of Bob Fosse.....what’s the chances of this Mr.Brooke?
The TT disc must be long oop now surely? ��

Indicator don't have a license to distribute MGM titles. Lenny is a UA release thru MGM Entertainment. Universal, Film 4, Sony and a few others are the companies Indicator deal with. I wish Indicator could get a license from Warner Bros. but Warner's are so fussy about handing over films to other labels. I recently got my hands on Klute via the Criterion label. Great film.

I would like to see Indicator deliver some more Paramount titles. Two I'm after. Looking For Mr. Goodbar and I'm Dancing as Fast as I can. I still have the VHS UK rental copies released by CIC video.

Rob4 12th June 2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 628357)
Indicator don't have a license to distribute MGM titles. Lenny is a UA release thru MGM Entertainment. Universal, Film 4, Sony and a few others are the companies Indicator deal with. I wish Indicator could get a license from Warner Bros. but Warner's are so fussy about handing over films to other labels. I recently got my hands on Klute via the Criterion label. Great film.

I would like to see Indicator deliver some more Paramount titles. Two I'm after. Looking For Mr. Goodbar and I'm Dancing as Fast as I can. I still have the VHS UK rental copies released by CIC video.

Paramount would be great, especially Goodbar. I'd also like to see Let's Scare Jessica to Death. The Tenant, Targets and Blood & Roses to name a few.

hivemind 12th June 2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 628369)
Paramount would be great, especially Goodbar. I'd also like to see Let's Scare Jessica to Death. The Tenant, Targets and Blood & Roses to name a few.

Eureka have a deal with Paramount, and have released some interesting titles from the vaults of the studio. Seconds was a nice surprise (even though the film was released by Criterion sometime ago), plus A New Leaf, Nashville etc.... Even that deal with Warner Archives through Paramount didn't last long. Just a few titles got released on MOD, including Let's Scare Jessica to Death. Parallax View deseves an Indicator release, but very much doubt the film will ever get released on Blu-Ray now. Two of the most fustrating studios to deal with, Paramount and Warner Bros.