Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree276Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2017, 07:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I got my ROTLDIII yesterday. Slipcover.

The extras which are listed on the back make it look like not everything on the American disc is included but it's all there. Including the 20 minute interview with Melinda Clarke.
plasterface, keirarts and Graeme73 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th August 2017, 07:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Rotld 3, waxwork & blood diner are apparently arriving tomorrow from amazon, fingers crossed!
Glad all the extras are on rotld3!
Shame we dont get waxwork 2 though.
Old 25th August 2017, 04:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default vestron

sadly its all down to copyright, no waxwork 2 , possibly no chopping mall, cant wait to get my mitts on blood diner
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th August 2017, 08:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Return Of The Living Dead III - Restored and Remastered[Blu-ray]

Just been watching Return Of The Living Dead III on Blu, If I remember correctly when Melinda Clarke starts inserting nails and such like in the sewer,in the original release to get around any censorship issues these scenes were done as a montage (cue music),as far as I can see in the Blu version there's no montage just Mel sticking herself with nails etc,I no longer have the dvd to check,so going my mamories,er I mean memories.Ta.

817paZH7cxL._SL1500_.jpg
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.

Old 28th August 2017, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran

She talks about it somewhat in her interview. She says that the part where she pushes the needles through her fingers the MPAA took offence to it and it had to be altered for the R rated version. Then re-instated for the unrated version. I've only ever seen the unrated version so my ramble is slightly pointless lol.

Old 29th August 2017, 08:27 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Just been watching Return Of The Living Dead III on Blu, If I remember correctly when Melinda Clarke starts inserting nails and such like in the sewer,in the original release to get around any censorship issues these scenes were done as a montage (cue music),as far as I can see in the Blu version there's no montage just Mel sticking herself with nails etc,I no longer have the dvd to check,so going my mamories,er I mean memories.Ta.

Attachment 194270
If you had the American DVD you would have seen it as a montage. As above that was the R-Rated version. The Blu-ray is the full Yuzna cut. Weirdly the UK DVD was uncut as well.
Old 29th August 2017, 08:46 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
If you had the American DVD you would have seen it as a montage. As above that was the R-Rated version. The Blu-ray is the full Yuzna cut. Weirdly the UK DVD was uncut as well.
I actually had the US unrated VHS of ROTLDIII and is the only way I've seen it (Looking forward to seeing the bluray actually - just not had time this weekend) When I went on holiday with my family in the 90s to Florida I spent a lot of time buying video tapes and making sure it was always the unrated option if there was a choice A varied bunch from Greg Araki via Brian Yuzna to Argento and Romero

Old 29th August 2017, 08:52 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I actually had the US unrated VHS of ROTLDIII and is the only way I've seen it (Looking forward to seeing the bluray actually - just not had time this weekend) When I went on holiday with my family in the 90s to Florida I spent a lot of time buying video tapes and making sure it was always the unrated option if there was a choice A varied bunch from Greg Araki via Brian Yuzna to Argento and Romero
I always used to pick up good condition copies of the UK DVD of return of the living dead 3 when I saw them on car boots or charity shops. I'd stick them on Amazon for about a tenner (occasionally more) and offer international postage. sell them constantly at one point.
Old 29th August 2017, 09:07 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I always used to pick up good condition copies of the UK DVD of return of the living dead 3 when I saw them on car boots or charity shops. I'd stick them on Amazon for about a tenner (occasionally more) and offer international postage. sell them constantly at one point.
That's why I could never find a cheap copy on Amazon you bugger haha
keirarts likes this.

Old 29th August 2017, 09:13 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That's why I could never find a cheap copy on Amazon you bugger haha

I was usually undercut by domestic seller. International was the key as the American DVD was cut.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!