Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2010, 10:07 PM
Active Cultist

It's a shame later (re)releases just used the generic black covers - the original art was often tremendous.

The transfers always looked like they had been remastered through an Amiga 500, but on occasion I kinda liked the rough look - Zombie Flesh Eaters works well looking as grubby as possible. Part of the charm, I suppose.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:49 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Strange View Post
Zombie Flesh Eaters works well looking as grubby as possible. Part of the charm, I suppose.
Fully agree. I was brought up watching ZFE first on a crackly (and badly cut) cinema print and then on an equally spotty (uncut) Betamax video. The ultrasharp, bright, dazzling DVD print robs the film of much of its murky atmosphere for me.
Old 28th January 2010, 07:50 AM
Active Cultist

I do like the remastered prints of The Beyond and COTLD, but these are fairly dark and appropriately grainy. The BU/Shriek Show Zombi(e/2) is too clean and vibrant. This has been mentioned on a good few forums over the last couple of years, so hopefully a future release will darken things up a bit.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Theres a Dead of Night release of ZFE on sale in HMV Rob for a fiver thats a 'grubby ' print but its the Extreme Version and is cut by just under a minute.
The same disc pop's up in Poundland the odd time as well as other titles from D.O.N collection for £1.

All 3 ZFE dvds plus the bonus Zombie Holocaust disc are available in the ZFE Boxset priced between £15 to £19.99 depending on were you shop. (Fulci's film is u/c)

I find the 'Another World' release of ZFE to be the best outta the different versions of the film that I own.
Old 28th January 2010, 11:59 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I prefer the BU version Vips.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th January 2010, 12:13 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dont have that one Reap's. I got the ABUS, ABUK (same print, BOTB set) Stonevision, D.O.N. ,Another World and the ZFE Boxset plus a few uncut ZFE DVDR's my mate coverted for me from my US disc as it wouldn't play in my PS3, (2 Personal back up copies) and a cut pre cert VHS.(vipco)

I liked the Another World artwork, much better than the AB zombie head art imo.
Old 29th January 2010, 01:02 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
The Cornerstone discs are £10 in my Local HMV, exaclty the same price as the Arrow discs.

I know what I prefer to buy!

I prefer the ARROW releases as well loop's but i've seen Starlite's 'Beyond Terror' Range of previous VIPCO titles , including their version of HBTC for £7.99 in HMV in Belfast.
They seem to change the ARROW version as sometimes its £10 and other times its £12.99.
Old 29th January 2010, 12:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Dont have that one Reap's. I got the ABUS, ABUK (same print, BOTB set) Stonevision, D.O.N. ,Another World and the ZFE Boxset plus a few uncut ZFE DVDR's my mate coverted for me from my US disc as it wouldn't play in my PS3, (2 Personal back up copies) and a cut pre cert VHS.(vipco)

I liked the Another World artwork, much better than the AB zombie head art imo.
The Shriek Show 2 discer is also worth getting mate

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 29th January 2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 29th January 2010, 03:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'll wait and hope a BluRay comes out mate. I think i've enough of ZFE to satisfy my needs, unless I see the VIPCO VHS re released WS cinema print ..... lol
Old 29th January 2010, 03:16 PM
Active Cultist

It's become my least favourite of Fulci's zombie flicks, but at one time it was easily at the top of the list. Perhaps that's just over-familiarity. I've not watched it for a good while now.

Like this? Share it using the links below!