Like Tree263Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2015, 05:25 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
To me VIPCO was a swear word
For me, it was an era thing

In the late 80's, when I started to collect videos [as they were then], Vipco were a godsend because they had a lot of titles that I liked and were unavailable elsewhere

When we got to the early 00's, two things had happened. The internet had come along, and I discovered that some films were being cut, and video had been replaced by DVD's. By now I had moved my allegiance to Anchor Bay, and they became the saviour that I had been looking for, and I wouldn't give Vipco the time of day

When that company went under, I discovered Arrow, and they became the byword for excellence in DVD releases

Vipco - fond memories, but nothing more than a sideline now
SharonLynette and Boo Radley like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th September 2015, 05:35 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I watched Ghosthouse the other night and that's a fine release and excellent picture quality.
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 25th September 2015, 08:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched Ghosthouse the other night and that's a fine release and excellent picture quality.
I love Ghosthouse, I watch it every year. I have the Vipco release, I would love a nice quality blu-ray version though, hell, I'd like a steelbook

Although I'm not sure if anyone else is as fond as the film as I am

Thought the same thing about Nightmare City though so fingers crossed!
Old 25th September 2015, 08:24 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I love Ghosthouse, I watch it every year. I have the Vipco release, I would love a nice quality blu-ray version though, hell, I'd like a steelbook

I really like it - so much that I paid about £30 for a limited edition clamshell hardbox from X-Rated Kult a few years ago!
Old 25th September 2015, 08:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I really like it - so much that I paid about £30 for a limited edition clamshell hardbox from X-Rated Kult a few years ago!
More money than sense young man!

Actually I'm just jealous!
Old 25th September 2015, 08:51 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
More money than sense young man!

Whoever said movie collectors had any sense?!
Old 25th September 2015, 09:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

Thought the same thing about Nightmare City though so fingers crossed!
If you're region free, Scream Factory put out a double feature blu ray with Ghosthouse and Witchery earlier this year!
SharonLynette likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 25th September 2015, 10:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
If you're region free, Scream Factory put out a double feature blu ray with Ghosthouse and Witchery earlier this year!

I am and I have been eyeing it but holding back as I'm cursed, you can guarantee if I pick it up there will be a release over here a few months later!
Old 26th September 2015, 06:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I Love Ghosthouse and I knew Bizarre Eye did as we have come to the topic in various threads many times. I recall when I also got the X-kult hardbox I had cover A and he had cover B and we paid around the same amount £26 I think mine was. Limited 666 Edition.

The Vipco Release of Ghosthouse was the one I had first of course which to be fair (for them) was a damn impressive print. I have the Scream Factory Blu now I don't care much for Witchery but I will revisit that blu often for Ghosthouse. I watch it at least 1-2 times yearly myself. I won't part with the 666 limited hardbox though even though I have the Blu.

I do have fond memories of buying sewage baby (The suckling) now announced for Blu by 88 & Flesh Eating Mothers (again coming to 88) on VHS from a shop in Uckfield "Old and Gold" I picked them both up together I was age 10 (yes my naughty mum got them for me at the counter)

I also got slugs on that trip,children of Ravensback. And if you do a quick search of the forums despite all 4 being trash I adore them all for various reasons and nostalgia which I have spoken about on here for years.

Vipco was to be commended for it's output back in the day,but it's lazy attitude to the print,it's lie on the covers about "UNCUT" "DIGITALLY REMASTERED" Is sadly often what more people remember.

But we do miss "cult classic sicko's" "cult classic Bone Suckers" "cult classic monster bonker" Although I was disgusted at "Cult classic Tumour tweaker" (for Brain Fix) that was really low tbh!
Old 26th September 2015, 04:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
I watch it at least 1-2 times yearly myself.
It's also a ritual watch for me on at least a yearly basis, it's my go-to watch at Halloween (along with Fright), it's also great with friends that like horror but don't delve into it as much as I do.

I might pick up the US blu-ray if cheap as it will be released over here the second it arrives, it's almost guaranteed. As I watch it quite a bit I don't want to wear out my dvd without a back-up!

Like this? Share it using the links below!