All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2011, 09:40 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Ordered the WITCHMAKER as it sounds up my street.I'd love to see someone like Code Red release the supernatural western SHADOW OF CHIKARA (1977)(Aka Curse Of Demon Mountain / Wishbone Cutter).Never had a decent UNCUT & widescreen release on dvd just PD copies floating about in awful quality.Good cast including Joe Don Baker & Sondra Locke too.The BBC had a quite decent uncut print but have not shown it in years.
Thanks Mark, I've been trying to remember the name of this film for years!
Old 18th August 2011, 10:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Witchmaker's a great film.
bdc likes this.
Old 19th August 2011, 04:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

I've finally caved in and ordered my first Code Red DVD from MovieTyme last night. Nice to see they offer free postage, too. How quick is their delivery normally? Fingers crossed that I do actually get it, though, as it was a very limited release and was supposedly oop and hard to get so I was very surprised they had it on their site. I've had a confirmation email so fingers crossed. Next to pick up will be Weekend Murders and Julie Darling.
bdc likes this.
Old 19th August 2011, 02:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Thanks Mark, I've been trying to remember the name of this film for years!
No probs.Really deserves a decent release this film.
Old 19th August 2011, 02:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just ordered BLADE /RING OF DEATH (Aka Detective Belli) Seen Blade but I think it was cut,not seen ROD though.
bdc likes this.
Old 19th August 2011, 02:28 PM
Cult Addict

movietyme are still listing exterminators of the year 3000, so I put an order in.

Nobody get too excited, I've found rarities on this site before only to get e-mailed back a few days later apologising they couldent source the disc, but hey you got to try, and i've always got my money back if they couldent get a disc.

No light blast on there though!
bdc likes this.
Old 19th August 2011, 02:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
movietyme are still listing exterminators of the year 3000, so I put an order in.

Nobody get too excited, I've found rarities on this site before only to get e-mailed back a few days later apologising they couldent source the disc, but hey you got to try, and i've always got my money back if they couldent get a disc.

No light blast on there though!
I picked up Exterminators from Diabolik when it came out & my wife bought me Light Blast for christmas with Primal Rage another OOP title.I hope you manage to get it but I think you'll be lucky.Seen it for just over £30.00 on Amazonuk while Primal Rage was nearly £150 !.Surprising to see which titles have sold well & which have not.I thought Rituals would've done better than it has.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exterminator...3764821&sr=8-1
Trouble is the Amazon copy could end up costing more due to our wonderful customs service.I've been lucky on the whole having only been stung for my Dolemite box set SOB !
bdc likes this.
Old 20th August 2011, 07:45 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I picked up Exterminators from Diabolik when it came out & my wife bought me Light Blast for christmas with Primal Rage another OOP title.I hope you manage to get it but I think you'll be lucky.Seen it for just over £30.00 on Amazonuk while Primal Rage was nearly £150 !.Surprising to see which titles have sold well & which have not.I thought Rituals would've done better than it has.
Exterminator of the Year 3000 DVD 1983 Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Robert A. Iannucci, Alicia Moro: Film & TV
Trouble is the Amazon copy could end up costing more due to our wonderful customs service.I've been lucky on the whole having only been stung for my Dolemite box set SOB !
I'm not counting on it, I ordered the barbara steele double bill angel for satan/long hair of death off them, and rituals, and they couldent fulfill either order... but I got my money back. So its more a case of chancing it!

Still it paid off with one title, the 2-disc dead pit is now winging its way to me as we speak!!!
Old 20th August 2011, 08:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Just watched Julie Darling and must say I enjoyed it.
Somehow all the extras (also the CR trailers I think) appear to be wrongly (16x9?) encoded but I quickly rectified this with the ratio button on my tv remote.
Just found what may have caused this problem,my dvd player had done a factory reset (unnoticed by me),had to change all the settings again,I suspect there will be no problem now.
It had set itself to 16x9 wide instead of 16x9 original...
Old 20th August 2011, 11:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Looks like there's lots more to come from Code Red in 2012.
Already more Crown titles and a Subversive cinema re-release have been mentioned.
Let's wait and see.

Like this? Share it using the links below!