Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1458Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2023, 03:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Looking long term that sounds like it means films like Twins of Evil, Hands of the Ripper,The Shout, The Medusa Touch, The Monster, Assault and Hammer House of Horror are gone for good.

Unless of course ITV stick them out themselves via Strawberry Media as they did with Vampire Circus.

Others will revert back to StudioCanal such as Baby Love and Devil Ship Pirates.
Well with Network gone, perhaps ITV will have a rethink?

We can always hope
Old 18th August 2023, 04:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
That's right thanks for reminding me...
You're
Rob4 likes this.
Old 11th September 2023, 07:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I didn't realise i still had these two vhs tapes hidden away in the furthest reaches of my cupboard. In the bin they go.

You can tell when i last visited said cupboard as it's two years since i bought the PC Blu of Satanic Rites of Dracula and donkeys years since i bought the dual format Frankenstein movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1172 (Large).jpg (95.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 11th September 2023, 07:40 PM
Cultist

Quote:
I didn't realise i still had these two vhs tapes hidden away in the furthest reaches of my cupboard. In the bin they go.

You can tell when i last visited said cupboard as it's two years since i bought the PC Blu of Satanic Rites of Dracula and donkeys years since i bought the dual format Frankenstein movie.
Oh these are great! I saved my few Hammer VHS and quite a few assorted others. I still own my copy of Terror Vision's "House of Wax", with the postcards (although one is duplicated). Every single VHS tape has a story, for me, because I was only able to buy them in my trips from Lisbon to London, and given their weight I had to choose well. I once took a suitcase (one of those old giant ones) that was deep enough for exactly one VHS and I filled it 100% with books and VHS tapes. I'm looking at a rown now in my wall and it must have fit some 100 tapes. I never sweated so much taking it from the hotel to the airport. This was before they charged you for extra weight lol! I used to program my stay in the cheapest possible place -- I once stayed in a hotel room that to this day I'm convinced was a closet, somewhere in Edgware Road -- and eat as little as possible so that I could go into Forbidden Planet and Virgin and buy all the my budget allowed, to the cent. Man, this brough back memories
Old 11th September 2023, 07:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

These Terror Vision releases don't seem to have much traction on ebay whilst the original Warner Home Video VHS release for Satanic Rites will move from £15-£25.
Nuno_Miranda likes this.
Old 11th September 2023, 07:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
Oh these are great! I saved my few Hammer VHS and quite a few assorted others. I still own my copy of Terror Vision's "House of Wax", with the postcards (although one is duplicated). Every single VHS tape has a story, for me, because I was only able to buy them in my trips from Lisbon to London, and given their weight I had to choose well. I once took a suitcase (one of those old giant ones) that was deep enough for exactly one VHS and I filled it 100% with books and VHS tapes. I'm looking at a rown now in my wall and it must have fit some 100 tapes. I never sweated so much taking it from the hotel to the airport. This was before they charged you for extra weight lol! I used to program my stay in the cheapest possible place -- I once stayed in a hotel room that to this day I'm convinced was a closet, somewhere in Edgware Road -- and eat as little as possible so that I could go into Forbidden Planet and Virgin and buy all the my budget allowed, to the cent. Man, this brough back memories
Great story Nuno. I love your dedication to the cause
g053584398 and Nuno_Miranda like this.
Old 11th September 2023, 08:48 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Great story Nuno. I love your dedication to the cause
LOL

I was a sucker for VHS boxed sets too. I still have them, including my 2 favourites: the Jurassic Park suitcase with the watch and the park map and such, and the Aliens "facehugger case", which had a "move ahead of the queue" pass for Alien War in Picadilly. I went twice in a row! That was amazing... This was pre-Amazon, so I planned my trips carefully, so I could bring enough (2nd hand) books to read for at least 6 months (my favourites: Fantasy Centre in Holborn Street, if memory doesn't fail me, and Murder One (?) a bookshop for crime/mystery fans) and all the movies I wanted to watch (and some re-watch).
g053584398 and Rob4 like this.
Old 11th September 2023, 08:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

After the conversation in the Signal One thread I visited the Wikipedia entry for Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires and found this regarding a 110 minute cut of the film. It was the first I'd heard of it - has anyone seen it?

Filming
The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires was filmed between October 22 and December 11, 1973, at Shaw Brothers Studio in Hong Kong, with mountain scenes shot on Kowloon Peak. The Shaw Brothers were not happy with how Roy Ward Baker was directing the film and had martial arts sequences choreographed by one of their studios directors, leading to a second unit set up that was handled by Chang Cheh. Chang Cheh added scenes that led to the Eastern version of the film to run at 110 minutes. Renee Glynee who was the continuity supervisor for the film stated that working with the Shaw Brothers Studios was "a big experience" due to language differences and that director Roy Ward Baker was screaming at the Chinese actors to stop spitting on set.
Old 11th September 2023, 08:55 PM
Cultist

Quote:
These Terror Vision releases don't seem to have much traction on ebay whilst the original Warner Home Video VHS release for Satanic Rites will move from £15-£25.
I have this edition, though most probably not the valubale one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg satanic rites vhs.jpg (87.8 KB, 8 views)
g053584398, Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 11th September 2023, 08:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
I have this edition, though most probably not the valubale one
The last two 'sold' prices for that edition were £6.49 and £8.95
Nuno_Miranda likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!