Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

fuzzymctiger 31st July 2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertzombie (Post 262023)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...70349250_n.jpg

New titles being announced this Friday!

That is actually the sexiest ZFE cover. I think it's the one from that vinyl.
Still, que everyone bitching about not having the Hand artwork, unless it's on the back or the inside.

Criterion7 31st July 2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC77 (Post 262164)
It damn well better be a DVD...

Are you implying The Toxic Avenger is not a good movie? Cos it's a damn classic!

Toxic Avenger is a great film but it's also an easy buy from the company that makes it to support them making other Toxic style films. It's not a film that belongs in the Arrow category. Then again I never thought any company would buy the rights to Surf Nazis unless it was for riffing purposes but it's like P T Barnum said... There's be born every minute.

fuzzymctiger 31st July 2012 09:25 PM

Guys, guys, you're all wrong about the other 2 DVDs!
They're obviously Troma titles :peep:

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st July 2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 262197)
Toxic Avenger is a great film but it's also an easy buy from the company that makes it to support them making other Toxic style films. It's not a film that belongs in the Arrow category. Then again I never thought any company would buy the rights to Surf Nazis unless it was for riffing purposes but it's like P T Barnum said... There's be born every minute.

And apparently, Kaufman asks for a kings ransom when anyone enquires about getting the rights to releases it on dvd and blu-ray.

Rik 31st July 2012 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 262201)
Guys, guys, you're all wrong about the other 2 DVDs!
They're obviously Troma titles :peep:

Attachment 74999

Criterion7 31st July 2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 262204)
And apparently, Kaufman asks for a kings ransom when anyone enquires about getting the rights to releases it on dvd and blu-ray.

Don't blame him actually it's the companies main money maker. Troma does there own DVDs, having them out under another label is an unnecessary middle man. Speaking of Kaufman I'll be seeing him in mid September at a convention.

paulc 1st August 2012 12:56 AM

Yeah, that third one's GOTTA be Santa! What with it being an oct/nov release... Silent Night Deadly Night 2 -to compliment the release of the first movie a couple of years ago? Love festive horrors - great on a winter's night!

Criterion7 1st August 2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulc (Post 262241)
Yeah, that third one's GOTTA be Santa! What with it being an oct/nov release... Silent Night Deadly Night 2 -to compliment the release of the first movie a couple of years ago? Love festive horrors - great on a winter's night!

SNDN2 is one of my favorite hilarious killer Santa films. I was almost in tears laughing. I really hope Arrow is putting it out.

paulc 1st August 2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 262246)
SNDN2 is one of my favorite hilarious killer Santa films. I was almost in tears laughing. I really hope Arrow is putting it out.

I've never seen it, but from what I hear they re-hash a lot of the first one (a bit like the bogey man sequel)... I'd still probably give it a shot, though!

Rik 1st August 2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulc (Post 262241)

Great minds think alike :)

platostotal 1st August 2012 10:36 AM

Is it me or does 'Santa' have a green head, hmmm...

Demoncrat 1st August 2012 10:39 AM

My eyesight is bad enough what with scrutinising pictures of Leighton Meester all day long...harumph;)

Just put us out of our misery please. could the 1st one be The Big Racket perchance??

TJ Doc 1st August 2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 262073)
Makes me wonder if the second from the left is Last Cannibal World.

Much of its artwork features a skull. Only a thought.

I don't think that's a skull. Looks more like a shadow being cast to me... but I dunno. :confused:

Gojirosan 1st August 2012 12:12 PM

There WILL be good news to make up for this week's Shameless disappointment.

:nod:

Rik 1st August 2012 12:14 PM

I'm not particularly interested in the Euro-crime title, but I'm eager to know what the other titles will be(other than the obvious ZFE)

Nagaman 1st August 2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 262313)
I don't think that's a skull. Looks more like a shadow being cast to me... but I dunno. :confused:

I was wondering that too. Looks to me like there could be a black figure in the middle of that orange coloured bit...
And is that a face above - or a face with a balaclava on? :confused:
I was thinking that maybe it could be The Toolbox Murders but then again if it was, surely it would be on BD or Dual Format, not just dvd?...

paulc 1st August 2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 262276)

here, here! stand by your beds!

Rik 2nd August 2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulc (Post 262618)
here, here! stand by your beds!

According to the leak on the other thread it's Christmas Evil so we're both wrong, official announcement at lunchtime today so we'll know for sure then

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd August 2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 262695)
According to the leak on the other thread it's Christmas Evil so we're both wrong, official announcement at lunchtime today so we'll know for sure then

Already been announced here: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/current-upcoming-arrow-video-titles/9229-arrows-q4-2012-annoucement.html

demonknight 2nd August 2012 12:10 PM

Zombie flesh eaters,in all its forms yes and Christmas evil yes,everything else thanks,but no thanks. Slightly disappointed I might add.

paulc 28th August 2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 262695)

Ah well - maybe next year! I do wish there were more classic Christmas slashers around...:(

BAKA 1st October 2012 11:15 AM

I noticed this on their Facebook page:

Quote:

We're just putting together our plans for Q1 and we're wondering what format packages to lean to. Which of the following would you rather buy? Feel free to comment!

Blu-ray £19.99 RRP or DVD £15.99 RRP

Dual Format £19.99 RRP
So it looks like we might be getting the Q1 schedule soon.

I also noticed this tidbit from Arrow at the end of a comment about packaging:

Quote:

...our 2013 is jampacked with excellent titles so we'll have more releases, possibly double what we had in 2012!
Hype Train engines starting :blush:.

fuzzymctiger 1st October 2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 277632)
I noticed this on their Facebook page:

So it looks like we might be getting the Q1 schedule soon.

I also noticed this tidbit from Arrow at the end of a comment about packaging:

Hype Train engines starting :blush:.

****, at least let me get a job first!!

Rik 1st October 2012 08:48 PM

I'm sure Alan Jones will fill us in before Arrow get the chance :pound:

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 09:31 PM

Not knowing which formats they are going to go with is nonsense.

Sales figures should dictate this surely.

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 277906)
Not knowing which formats they are going to go with is nonsense.

Sales figures should dictate this surely.

You would think! And askng if people would want a BD for £19.99 or a dual format BD/dvd for £19.99? Kind of a waste of typing a question really. Of course people will want more for the same price

PaulD 1st October 2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 277909)
You would think! And askng if people would want a BD for £19.99 or a dual format BD/dvd for £19.99? Kind of a waste of typing a question really. Of course people will want more for the same price

Personally I wouldn't care either way as the DVDs never get watched if its Dual Format.

Although I'd still vote for both at the same price for the people who do benefit from it

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 277932)
Personally I wouldn't care either way as the DVDs never get watched if its Dual Format.

Although I'd still vote for both at the same price for the people who do benefit from it

To me a dual format is a waste of time.

If i have Blu then why do i want a dvd as well? and if i only have dvd then i certainly don't need a blu.

Baseball Fury 2nd October 2012 07:49 AM

I disagree that Dual Format is a waste of time, from a DVD consumers point. If you can pick up a dual format for a couple of quid more than a DVD, when the time comes that you do decide to go HD, then that's a whole bunch of double dipping you don't need to do.

It pretty much is a bust from a blu perspective though, except for kids films.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 277977)
I disagree that Dual Format is a waste of time, from a DVD consumers point. If you can pick up a dual format for a couple of quid more than a DVD, when the time comes that you do decide to go HD, then that's a whole bunch of double dipping you don't need to do.

It pretty much is a bust from a blu perspective though, except for kids films.

Double dipping is only something collectors do, not the public at large.

Baseball Fury 2nd October 2012 11:34 AM

Of course it isn't!

I know loads of people that have upgraded DVD's to the blu-ray version of favourite films when they've gone HD, and none of them are what you'd class as collectors.

fuzzymctiger 2nd October 2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 278022)

I think he means like upgrading your DVDs to blu rays, which I think most sensible people will do eventually, like I'm (slowly) doing.

James Morton 2nd October 2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 278022)

i'm all for dual format
blu ray and dvd is a great idea
got a number of them

BAKA 5th October 2012 11:40 AM

It sounds like we'll be getting the Q1 announcements by the end of October judging from comments made on their Facebook page. They also mention:

Quote:

Most releases next year are region B, invest in a region free player if you can!
I don't know why, but I'm quite excited. They mentioned the move away from the window packaging would free up more cash flow for licenses and we'd see the benefits of those in 2013, and with the most recent set of announcements it feels (to me) like they're moving back in line with what people are requesting most on these boards, so I'm hoping for a nice opening statement of intent from the Q1 announcements.

I probably have completely unrealistic expectations, but in 2013 from Arrow I'd love some more Bava on blu (even Lamberto would do), I wouldn't mind seeing them work with more Universal properties, Slasher films on blu (The Burning is at the top of my list; wouldn't mind the likes of Terror Train, or Sleepaway Camp either), especially from that golden period, it wouldn't feel like an Arrow release schedule without some Italian efforts! As Arrow already confirmed, we know some previous DVD releases are getting upgrades to blu, and I'd LOVE Opera, Sleepless, Silent Night Deadly Night, etc. Those are my hopes for 2013 anyway.

Refused 5th October 2012 12:12 PM

I want to see them secure some more exclusives, instead of films already available in other regions. Especially with them saying to invest in a multiregion player, seems foolish to just bring out films already released.

BAKA 5th October 2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 279201)
I want to see them secure some more exclusives, instead of films already available in other regions. Especially with them saying to invest in a multiregion player, seems foolish to just bring out films already released.

I personally hope they would never let a release in another territory stop them from licensing something desperately lacking a decent UK release, or something that has never been released on the format in the UK. I'm hoping Zombie Flesh Eaters will be a mammoth release for them, to steer them clear of this mentality personally, I don't think it's good for the industry. They have a primary market, and that should be their priority, imho.

Criterion7 5th October 2012 06:29 PM

Arrow has to look towards what Scream factory is doing to see the right way to deliver on the hype.

demonknight 5th October 2012 06:36 PM

I agree. Some of the past releases from arrow have been disappointing IMO.

jamienelson 16th October 2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 279327)
Arrow has to look towards what Scream factory is doing to see the right way to deliver on the hype.

Curious, what is Scream Factory doing that Arrow is missing the mark on?

PaulD 16th October 2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamienelson (Post 282573)
Curious, what is Scream Factory doing that Arrow is missing the mark on?

They don't open themselves up by having a forum for people to constantly complain about their product. A wise business decision if ever there was one :)