Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th April 2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 235819)
There's 6 titles Fuzzy and they'll be announced on here at 1ish on Friday. Prepare to be impressed with some VERY cool films...and a certain steelbook ;)

The steelbook is great. :nod:

Rhodes 26th April 2012 12:01 PM

GRAAARGHHHHHH!!!!

sorry my brain malfunctioned with exitement and that noise came out. 6 new titles and a certain steelbook?? that wouldnt happen to be a zombi 2 steelbook would it?? i will sit here trembling hitting refresh til i find out!

Vampix 26th April 2012 12:07 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for ArrowDrome releases of Zombi 3 and The Vault of Horror (uncut).I'd also like to see a Blu-ray release for Zombie Flesh Eaters. :)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 26th April 2012 12:09 PM

My lips are sealed :tape:

...until Friday.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th April 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 235828)
My lips are sealed :tape:

...until Friday.

We're like nuns - we've taken a vow of silence until Friday ;)

antmumford 26th April 2012 12:12 PM

Dag nammit! I can't wait that long.
I'll be wandering round the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Tour tomorrow at 1pm, I'll have a lot of exciting threads to check out once I'm home again though. :woot:

Rhodes 26th April 2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 235829)

you're like the nuns from the devils is what you are! back vile temptresses, back!

Criterion7 26th April 2012 12:16 PM

Can't wait to hear what they are. Here's hoping for a Maniac Cop 2 type and less Red Scorpion style.

BAKA 26th April 2012 01:01 PM

I'm really reluctant to get excited after being underwhelmed by the last big wave of announcements, and generally most of Arrow's output in 2012 so far (with the exceptions being Demons I & II, The House By The Cemetery and Don't Go In The House), but I still can't help myself getting excited.

I wonder if the rumours of a bundle of Universal titles being licensed by a certain company in the US have any kind of link to what is going to be announced from Arrow. Universal have such a great library of genre films, it'd be great to see Arrow continue to forge a relationship with them.

I can't imagine they will release anymore Blu's in July (they've already announced The Wild Geese and Who Dares Wins), so it'll be August and September I'm looking to. Dream licenses being, The Burning, some Bava, Halloween 3, slightly more realistic expectations (/nightmares), some back catalogue non-Horror Arrow titles getting repackaged Blu-ray upgrades, and perhaps The Wild Geese 2 :lol:.

I'm also hoping for more Melton art, but I'm probably one of few that are, judging from some of the comments I read here.

PaulD 26th April 2012 01:42 PM

I really hope they're going to be mainly new bluray releases and not ArrowDrome releases of existing titles (or another ArrowDrome X-rental set).

This won't be a popular opinion but I hope it isn't Zombi 2 either - I think the BU release as pretty much definitive and would rather Arrow release something that doesn't already have an HD release. Let the insults begin! :)

Criterion7 26th April 2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 235859)
I really hope they're going to be mainly new bluray releases and not ArrowDrome releases of existing titles (or another ArrowDrome X-rental set).

This won't be a popular opinion but I hope it isn't Zombi 2 either - I think the BU release as pretty much definitive and would rather Arrow release something that doesn't already have an HD release. Let the insults begin! :)

I want new releases too. Not interested in region locked blu rays unless they include a standard format r2 with the same features.
I'd prefer Halloween 3 to Zombi 2 myself.
Can't say I'm too interested in any Japanese release or anything action-y.
Love to see Maniac Cop 2 released.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

I thought we were more like the Mafia with the omertÃ*!

BAKA 26th April 2012 02:46 PM

Apparently one of the titles is Japanese. I'd love it to be Lady Snowblood.

High Rising Productions tweeted this a couple of days ago:
Quote:

@HighRisingPro
You guys won't believe what we've been asked to work on :)
Even though I want to stop the hype I just can't. :embarassed:

skankenstoned 26th April 2012 02:52 PM

Ahhh, exciting times indeed!! C'mon' Arrow, ZOMBI 2!!!!!!!!

tollickd 26th April 2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 228083)
ZOMBIESH EATERS ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS
OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE

It would not surprise me :)

tattooedjackass 26th April 2012 03:10 PM

Can't wait just hope there's some LTD editions in there with the slip cases! it could be the worst film ever and i would still buy it, damn my collective OCD!

Andra Jai 26th April 2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 235859)

Completely agree with this I'd rather have a blu-ray release of Zombie Creeping Flesh than Zombi 2 especially so soon after the BU release.

If Arrow want to to Zombi 2 make it in a couple of years time with a new Ian Muculloch commentary track and some exclusive extras and I'd probably buy it again. Don't think I'd buy one now just after getting the US release though.

Susan Foreman 26th April 2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

We're like nuns

Robbie Coltraine and Eric Idle?

Jinx_Barkman 26th April 2012 05:12 PM

I'd love for one of the announcements to be Suspiria but in reality I'm hoping for Phantasm.

Hawkmonger 26th April 2012 05:13 PM

6 Titles plus a steelbook?
All english exept for one Japanese?
Holly mother of grud. Role on tommorow!

ReturnToZero 26th April 2012 07:40 PM

Why are people so excited over a potential release of Zombi 2? We just don't need another one... again.

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 236010)
Why are people so excited over a potential release of Zombi 2? We just don't need another one... again.

Give me the original Zombie Flesh Eaters artwork and I'd buy even it if it had no extra features!

JAMIOUSE 26th April 2012 07:58 PM

Well as someone who has yet to upgrade to HD I hope for more DVD releases. Zombi 3 and Zombie 4 would be great though in fact any horror titles would be good. I wouldn't say no to some John Waters though!

gitsurfer 26th April 2012 08:02 PM

A Japanese title, eh?
How about some Takashi Miike?
Would be delighted with Ichi the Killer.

Rhodes 26th April 2012 08:03 PM

zombi 2 doesn't have an hd uk release and it should also be a good seller which helps fund further releases. and steelbooks are cool. but nothings confirmed yet!

plasterface 26th April 2012 09:12 PM

flesheaters

u can never have too many releases of zombi 2

platostotal 26th April 2012 09:34 PM

For one thing a ZFE on a nice restored Arrow pal transfer would surely stomp all the ntsc discs for p.q. (even with my eyesight I see the quality jump ntsc-pal) in fact it seems odd to me that euro based fans praise ntsc discs for p.q. against a pal release, I used to have Oliver Stone's THE DOORS on pal and a friend lent me a Japanese!!! ntsc disc and to me no contest, pal every time(of course BD has no such issues) and I know modern upscalers do a great job but for me a top notch 576p ZFE would be an Arrow must buy(and as Stephen says with that iconic artwork...:))

Feel free to disagree, just don't shove a splinter in my eye:fear:

Rik 26th April 2012 09:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an artwork I did last year for Zombie Flesh Eaters
Attachment 58251

platostotal 26th April 2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 236079)
Here's an artwork I did last year for Zombie Flesh Eaters
Attachment 58251

Yep, that's just how it should/could look apart from the 'vipco', funny if that was left on tho.

PaulD 26th April 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 236015)
Give me the original Zombie Flesh Eaters artwork and I'd buy even it if it had no extra features!

You'd buy it for the original artwork even if it just came with a blank disc! :)

Rik 26th April 2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 236085)
Yep, that's just how it should/could look apart from the 'vipco', funny if that was left on tho.

Ha ha, never noticed that before.
The 'hand' artwork certainly is the best. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for this to be in tomorrows announcements, if it isn't I can always throw on one of the umpteen editions I already own of this, if it is then it needs to be something super special to top the Media Blasters and BU ones

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th April 2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 236087)
You'd buy it for the original artwork even if it just came with a blank disc! :)

You know me so well! :)

fuzzymctiger 26th April 2012 10:20 PM

Look, I just ordered the BU Zombie for my birthday, but Arrow tend to have unique extras, transfer and all the extra goodies, so I would be an eventual upgrade.

Actually trying not to get my hopes for any good titles, so I can be pleasantly surprised if there is. But I'm expecting some decent Blus and a white case DVD i'll probably get.

Criterion7 27th April 2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 236098)
Look, I just ordered the BU Zombie for my birthday, but Arrow tend to have unique extras, transfer and all the extra goodies, so I would be an eventual upgrade.

Actually trying not to get my hopes for any good titles, so I can be pleasantly surprised if there is. But I'm expecting some decent Blus and a white case DVD i'll probably get.

Same here. I just bought the Synapse Maniac Cop and I'm still getting the Arriw blu of it and a third Arrowdrome edition of the film when I get the X-Rentals boxset when it comes out.

antmumford 27th April 2012 07:03 AM

Blu-ray.com has already announced 2 (Maybe more) of Arrow's future releases. I think they need telling off as Arrow haven't even officially announced them yet.
Would anyone like to know what they are or shall I wait for Arrow to announce first?

Poll is now open...... ;)

tollickd 27th April 2012 07:16 AM

Shame they have uploaded them early they are supposed to wait till after 1pm GMT +1

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 236160)
Shame they have uploaded them early they are supposed to wait till after 1pm GMT +1

They really are taking the piss. It's happened before on other websites too!

tattooedjackass 27th April 2012 07:27 AM

I had a look and i'm happy with what they are so far, shocked that they have said what they are already surely thats a breach of copyright lol and don't call me surely!!!!

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 236158)
Blu-ray.com has already announced 2 (Maybe more) of Arrow's future releases. I think they need telling off as Arrow haven't even officially announced them yet.
Would anyone like to know what they are or shall I wait for Arrow to announce first?

Poll is now open...... ;)

Looks like it's someone on the forum who's posted it. Wonder where they got the info from....assuming it's true.

tattooedjackass 27th April 2012 07:29 AM

They might have just typed in arrow films in the search bar and the site has already uploaded it!!