Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The Arrow Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/6211-arrow-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattooedjackass (Post 236168)
They might have just typed in arrow films in the search bar and the site has already uploaded it!!

So going by your exclamation marks at the end there, you're saying it was you. :lol: :tongue1:

tollickd 27th April 2012 07:42 AM

I am angry that people would leak this early.

Criterion7 27th April 2012 07:47 AM

Saw the 2 announced. Not that excited about those to be honest. Hopefully the other 4 is something to get more excited about.

Rassilon 27th April 2012 07:51 AM

I hope its not mostly arrowdrome stuff like franenhooker, although some new arrowdrome titles would be welcome.

I think a japan title, looks like it will be battle royale 2, in a steelbook with both. I really hope these are new titles we've not tasted before. Does anyone know what time announcments are made?

Susan Foreman 27th April 2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 236158)
Would anyone like to know what they are

Anyone who says 'yes' is obviously the kind of person who would sneak downstairs late on Christmas Eve to open their gifts under the tree

Patience is a virtue!

fuzzymctiger 27th April 2012 08:00 AM

Don't post the titles, but could someone post the link to the announcements?
I would wait, but i don't think i can wait till 2 am....

Criterion7 27th April 2012 08:04 AM

How much longer before announcement. Crossing my fingers that the blu rays will be region free. Don't let me down Arrow!

fuzzymctiger 27th April 2012 08:06 AM

Never mind, I found them.
BUT, we must now find the irresponsible person behind the leak. :embarassed:
Also, to those who know the titles, I'll probably get both, but the steel book over the unlimited edition for the second title. ;)

tattooedjackass 27th April 2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 236169)
So going by your exclamation marks at the end there, you're saying it was you. :lol: :tongue1:

Nope i can gaurantee it wasn't me i just like using them lol:), i hate spoilers for anything it takes away so much of the experiance of seeing something for the first time, i know i have had a few films ruined by other people giving away the plot or the twist. i have had to hold off for ages over Prometheus as i don't want to know anything about it when i go to the cinema but there seems to be stuff flying around.

fuzzymctiger 27th April 2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattooedjackass (Post 236180)
Nope i can gaurantee it wasn't me i just like using them lol:), i hate spoilers for anything it takes away so much of the experiance of seeing something for the first time, i know i have had a few films ruined by other people giving away the plot or the twist. i have had to hold off for ages over Prometheus as i don't want to know anything about it when i go to the cinema but there seems to be stuff flying around.

I ruin everything for myself, because I'm impatient :tongue1:
Also, I can vouch for tattoedjackass, as I don't think it was him, it was someone called akijima or akijama?

Criterion7 27th April 2012 08:17 AM

How did someone find out ahead of time to leak?

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 236181)
Also, I can vouch for tattoedjackass, as I don't think it was him, it was someone called akijima or akijama?

Haha, it's cool. I saw the post. I knew it wasn't him :)

fuzzymctiger 27th April 2012 08:27 AM

Knowing the titles, I looked around to see where they were posted. The first title is nowhere, by the steel book is EVERYWHERE!!

Keep35mmAlive 27th April 2012 08:27 AM

I've been looking at the Blu-ray site all day but now I'm gonna have stay away 'cause I wanna see the announcement here. :)

PaulD 27th April 2012 08:28 AM

Judging by Facebook Arrow look like they'll be starting announcements early, probably just the leaked 2 I bet.

tattooedjackass 27th April 2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 236181)

I post on there under the same user name there too, not that im a huge fan of the place as there are some right arrogant idiots on there, much happier here

Prince_Vajda 27th April 2012 08:32 AM

Everything at the proper time. Arrow releases should be announced by Arrow. Period.

No problem for me to wait a few hours! :clap:

Greetings!

tattooedjackass 27th April 2012 08:33 AM

Looks like there giving the info now just seen on twitter from Arrow

Jul 2 - Who Dares Wins and The Commander
Jul 2 - THE WILD GEESE + CODE NAME: WILD GEESE

tattooedjackass 27th April 2012 08:34 AM

Aug 6 - CLASS OF NUKE EM HIGH
Aug 6 - COMBAT SHOCK
Aug 6 - SURF NAZIS MUST DIE

Sep 24 - LADY SNOWBLOOD 1+2 STEELBOOK

Criterion7 27th April 2012 08:37 AM

Please don't let that be all...that's horrible announcements. Troma...really? I waited all night for Troma..What a letdown. :-(

gaahl07 27th April 2012 08:39 AM

They are on Arrow's official site now also.

tollickd 27th April 2012 08:39 AM

They have also added the releases on FB with cover arts

Criterion7 27th April 2012 08:40 AM

There's more right...please say there's more.

Keep35mmAlive 27th April 2012 08:42 AM

What a letdown. :(

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 236202)
There's more right...please say there's more.

Sarah said 6 titles.....that's 6 been announced.

Criterion7 27th April 2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keep35mmAlive (Post 236204)
What a letdown. :(

Tell me about it. Surf Nazis is a horrible movie.
Class of Nukem High doesn't deserve the treatment.
Combat Shock is not a good film.
And the others are just passes . Nothing likable in those releases.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 08:46 AM

It all knocks the wind from the sails of today's announcement, doesn't it? All the anticipation and sense of surprise is gone because everything is out in the open before 10 a.m.

I suppose that's one of the pitfalls of the lawless world of the Internet.

tollickd 27th April 2012 08:47 AM

One thing that makes me wonder is that Arrow wanted to stop the white slip cases and other extras to get more money to get lots more releases and this is what they got Troma? I am a large fan of troma but troma have already released these on region free in the US!

Criterion7 27th April 2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 236210)
One thing that makes me wonder is that Arrow wanted to stop the white slip cases and other extras to get more money to get lots more releases and this is what they got Troma? I am a large fan of troma but troma have already released these on region free in the US!

Yeah this is a HUGE misfire for Arrow. These aren't exactly sought after films and anyone who did want them definitely has the Troma additions.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 236210)

It is a little strange then, that they will make Arrow lock them here. That's a little pointless.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 08:52 AM

I also like the announcements as it has made the likelihood of me buying The Wild Geese and Who Dares Wins from 'maybe' to 'probably', I've wanted to watch Lady Snowblood for ages and this Steelbook is an ideal way to remedy that and, as I love Troma releases, Class of Nuke 'em High and Surf Nazis Must Die are extremely welcome, especially with Graham Humphreys' excellent artwork.

Combat Shock may be extremely bleak and downbeat, but it's a remarkably powerful post-Vietnam drama/thriller and one I watched for the first time fairly recently and have wanted to watch again ever since.

Criterion7 27th April 2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 236213)
It is a little strange then, that they will make Arrow lock them here. That's a little pointless.

Not sure who brokered this deal but Arrow is getting a raw deal. So sad to see this happen. Looks like Demons/ Demons 2 needs to make money now.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

When the information is sent to websites, it's embargoed until (I think) midday or 1 pm, so I'm not sure why Arrow would make the information public so early.

tollickd 27th April 2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Maybe Arrow have some exclusive features?

Criterion7 27th April 2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 236217)
Maybe Arrow have some exclusive features?

Exclusive features are great on good films. These aren't that. Plus theyve been released with lots of features region free by the company that actually made the films.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 09:04 AM

Arrow have just posted on twitter that Class of Nuke 'Em High is Region A/B/C. :)

Keep35mmAlive 27th April 2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 235879)
High Rising Productions tweeted this a couple of days ago:
@HighRisingPro
You guys won't believe what we've been asked to work on :)

Is this one of these six titles? I really thought we'd get Halloween III, Zombie Flesh Eaters or maybe some more Mario Bava titles.

Criterion7 27th April 2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 236226)
Arrow have just posted on twitter that Class of Nuke 'Em High is Region A/B/C. :)

That's great since its the only good Troma listed. :-)

Rhodes 27th April 2012 09:06 AM

troma? really? oh. :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keep35mmAlive (Post 236228)
Is this one of these six titles? I really thought we'd get Halloween III, Zombie Flesh Eaters or maybe some more Mario Bava titles.

I think that's due to the rampant speculation here and people wishing for titles rather than any solid information from Arrow HQ!