Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2022, 06:41 PM
Cult Master

Looks like Zavvi have jumped the gun!!!

They have got a new listing for 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Deluxe' 4K Ultra HD Steelbook - Limited Edition Zavvi Exclusive (includes Blu-ray) - £39:99

Release Date: November 28

"Sometimes the only way to uphold justice is to break the law.

From Errol Flynn to Disney, Hollywood has long been fascinated with the legend of Robin Hood. Helmed by director Kevin Reynolds (Waterworld, The Count of Monte Cristo), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves pays homage to the past while transforming the famous outlaw of Sherwood Forest into a movie icon fit for the 1990s.

Robin of Locksley (Kevin Costner, Waterworld) returns from the Crusades to find his father dead and vows revenge. With his Moorish companion Azeem (Morgan Freeman, Unforgiven), he joins a band of peasant rebels to do battle against the wicked Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman, Die Hard) and win the hand of the fair Maid Marian (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, The Abyss), cousin of the absent King of England.

This grand, swashbuckling adventure in the classic tradition is brought to life by an all-star supporting cast, including Christian Slater (True Romance), Brian Blessed (Flash Gordon) and a memorable cameo from Sean Connery (himself a former Robin Hood), plus an instantly recognisable score by Michael Kamen (Highlander) – not to mention a chart-topping Bryan Adams theme song. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves dazzles in an all-new 4K restoration, accompanied by a king’s ransom of new and archival bonus features."

Special features:
  • Brand new 4K restorations of both the theatrical and extended cuts from the original negative by Arrow Films
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of both cuts
  • Limited Edition SteelBook housed in Deluxe rigid packaging, both with newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
  • 60-page perfect-bound illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Jackson Cooper and Mark Cunliffe
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring newly commissioned artwork by José Saccone
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized artcards
  • Original uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director Kevin Reynolds and actor Kevin Costner
  • Audio commentary with actors Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater and writers/producers Pen Densham and John Watson
  • Here We Are Kings: Making Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – a brand new, multi-part documentary featuring brand new interviews with Densham, Watson, director of photography Douglas Milsome, editor Peter Boyle, costume designer John Bloomfield and many more members of the creative team
  • Robin Hood: The Myth, the Man, the Movie – an archival 1991 documentary hosted by Pierce Brosnan
  • One-on-One with the Cast – archival 1991 interviews with Costner, Freeman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Slater and Alan Rickman
  • Bryan Adams “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You” performance at Slane Castle, Ireland
  • Music soundtrack cues
  • Theatrical trailer
  • TV spots
  • Image gallery

Although the listing is up, it will not be live until tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves.jpg (91.0 KB, 64 views)
MacBlayne likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th August 2022, 07:05 PM
Cultist

yet again its a no from me robin hood prince of thieves and the wolf of wall street are being released so i wonder what else is coming soon if nothing i know who will be getting my money
Old 26th August 2022, 02:13 PM
Cult Master

'The Wolf Of Wall Street' (2013)

Limited Edition 4K - Arrow RRP: £35:00
Limited Edition Blu-Ray - Arrpw RRp - £30:00

Release Date: November 7

"More Is Never Enough.

Few filmmakers depict greed and amorality on screen like Martin Scorsese. Thrilling, glamourous, seductive: his unflinching eye sees all and refuses to look away. Nominated for five Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor, The Wolf of Wall Street is a monstrous masterpiece, equal parts hilarious and horrifying.

Leonardo DiCaprio is on dazzling form in the frenetic true life tale of New York stock-broker Jordan Belfort and his rise from boiler room brokerage firm to a decadent life of obscene wealth, stratospheric drug-use, and rampant corruption. Spiralling out of control as government investigators close in, Belfort’s fall is as spectacular as his meteoric rise.

Arrow Video is proud to present a director-approved 4K transfer (making its UK premiere) of this extraordinary ode to American excess, in a special edition as sleek and sharp as the Wolf himself.

Product Features
  • Fully illustrated 60-page collectors book containing new writing by film critics Sean Hogan, Will Menaker, and Jourdain Searles
  • Limited Edition packaging featuring The Wolf of Wall Street luxury ‘wallet’, American Excess Credit Card, Business Card, and Stratton Oakmont Banknote
  • Reversible sleeve featuring two choices of artwork

Disc One: Feature & Extras
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-Ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of a director-approved 4K transfer
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Brand new audio commentary by film critics Glenn Kenny and Nick Pinkerton
  • Brand new introduction by film historian Ian Christie, editor of Scorsese on Scorsese
  • Theatrical trailer

Disc Two: Extras (Blu-ray)
  • Brand new interview with screenwriter Terence Winter
  • Brand new interview with production designer Bob Shaw
  • Wall Street After Hours, a brand new visual essay by film critic Simon Ward on the dark humour of Martin Scorsese
  • Planet Hollywolf, a brand new visual essay by film critics Matty Budrewicz and Dave Wain on Jordan Belfort’s lesser known career as a low budget movie producer
  • The Wolf Pack, an archival featurette exploring Martin Scorsese’s take on the story and the characters involved
  • Running Wild, an archival featurette taking a closer look at the filmmaking process and key creative team
  • The Wolf of Wall Street Roundtable, an archival featurette with director Martin Scorsese, writer Terence Winter and stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill in conversation
  • Behind the Scenes, documentary footage shot during filming
  • TV spots
  • Image gallery

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Wolf Of Wall Street.jpg (88.4 KB, 57 views)
MacBlayne likes this.

Old 26th August 2022, 02:22 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Incredible But True [2022]

Arrow Blu-Ray RRP: £18:00

"Quirky, deadpan humour, an absurdist eye for French social etiquette and a keen sense of the folly of existence are among the hallmarks of the oddball comedies of director Quentin Dupieux (Rubber, Deerskin, Smoking Causes Coughing), and Incredible But True is no different.

Alain (Alain Chabat, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets) and Marie (Léa Drucker, War of the Worlds) are a middle-aged bourgeois couple who move to their new house in a quiet suburb. A key feature of their new abode that the estate agent points out to them is a mysterious tunnel in the basement. Little do they realise that it will turn their lives upside down...

Shot during the pandemic under quarantine conditions, Incredible But True is an inventive and nimble tale that perfectly showcases the singular and eccentric vision that has made Dupieux the most exciting director working in France today..
"

Special Features
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
  • Original 5.1 DTS-HD MA surround audio and optional lossless stereo audio
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Cast and director Interviews with Alain Chabat, Benoît Magimel and Quentin Dupieux
  • Upside Down, Inside Out, an appreciation of the films of Quentin Dupieux by critic Elena Lazic
  • Trailer gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring two choices of artwork
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anton Bitel and interviews with the cast, and reversible poster featuring two choices of artwork

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Incredible But True.jpg (86.4 KB, 59 views)
MacBlayne likes this.

Old 26th August 2022, 02:28 PM
Cult Master

NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Audrey Rose [1977]

Arrow Blu-Ray RRP: £18:00

"Master filmmaker Robert Wise began his career with horror classics The Curse of the Cat People and The Body Snatcher for producer Val Lewton. His career would go on to include westerns, thrillers, science fiction and musicals, earning him two Academy Awards for Best Director. In 1963 he returned to his Lewtonian roots with the classic ghost story The Haunting; In 1977 he returned once more with the supernatural thriller Audrey Rose.

All Bill and Jane Templeton wish for is a quiet, peaceful life with their 11-year-old daughter Ivy. But their dreams turn to nightmares as Ivy is besieged first by terrifying ‘memories’ of events that never occurred... and then by a mysterious stranger who stalks her every move, and claims that Ivy was in fact his daughter in another life.

Released in the wake of The Exorcist and The Omen, Audrey Rose is an intelligent, heartfelt drama that approaches its subject with an open mind and seriousness of intent that caught many off guard but typifies Wise’s previous genre forays. Sensitively played by a sterling cast at the top of their game, this underseen gem deserves a place on the shelf of any fan of classic horror
"

Special Features
  • Brand new 2K restoration by Arrow Films from a new 4K scan of the original 35mm camera negative
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-Ray presentation
  • Original lossless mono audio
  • Brand new audio commentary by film critic Jon Towlson
  • Faith and Fraud, a brand new interview with magician Adam Cardone about reincarnation and belief in Audrey Rose
  • Then and Now, a brand new featurette looking at the New York locations used in the film
  • I’ve Been Here Before, archive visual essay by Lee Gambin looking at reincarnation in cinema
  • Investigator: The Paranormal World of Frank De Felitta, an archive interview with the author and scriptwriter of Audrey Rose
  • The Role of a Mother, an archive Interview with Marsha Mason
  • Hypnotist: Inside the score for Audrey Rose, an archive interview with film music historian Daniel Schweiger
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Christopher Shy
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: fully illustrated collectors booklet featuring new writing by critics Kimberly Lindbergs and Johnny Mains

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Audrey Rose 1.jpg (69.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Audrey Rose 2.jpg (87.3 KB, 60 views)

Old 26th August 2022, 02:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

All of the releases were leaked yesterday due to Zavvi's website, I must say I have never been so underwhelmed in my life when it comes to an Arrow Video monthly announcement. I probably would have bought one of the 20 variations of Price of Thieves but I actually re-watched it last year and it found it very dull.
marvinnashsear likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th August 2022, 03:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I would't be surprised if we see The Last of The Mohicans annouced soon (probably on 4K).
Old 26th August 2022, 05:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

I hope the mainstream releases will do well for them and help fund the some proper cult items.

I'll get Audrey Rose in a sale.
Old 26th August 2022, 06:32 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Absolutely nothing of interest there for me.
Old 26th August 2022, 07:02 PM
Cultist

nothing for me ether i was looking forward to seeing what they were going to release but its a no from me i now where my money is going

Like this? Share it using the links below!