Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2023, 12:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
I have a soft spot for The Assassination Bureau. It makes a good Saturday afternoon matinee. And you can't have too much 60s-era Diana Rigg...

I know this is a Paramount film in US but who owns it in the UK?
I've heard of this but never seen it. British film, location hopping, Jack London... It's one i'm certainly interested in and given the dearth of anything new and interesting on the way from anyone might even give Amazon a pre-order...depending.
Old 26th January 2023, 12:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
It's rumoured The Assassination Bureau is going to be US/CA exclusive as well...
So are there any for the UK market other than some half assed direct to video slasher that nobody's ever seen.
Old 27th January 2023, 02:56 PM
Cult Addict

Look like the UK is getting The Street Fighter Trilogy and a Limited Edition of Cronenbergs Naked Lunch.

Attachment 244464Attachment 244465
g053584398 likes this.
Old 27th January 2023, 03:12 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Look like the UK is getting The Street Fighter Trilogy and a Limited Edition of Cronenbergs Naked Lunch.

Attachment 244464Attachment 244465
But no Assasssination Bureau? <sigh> That's disappointing.

I wonder what Arrow can add to Naked Lunch after Criterion's release...
Old 27th January 2023, 03:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
But no Assasssination Bureau? That's disappointing.

Well the Criterion is a US release so for me they can add loads. Only UK release I can recall was devoid of extras. I've no doubt they can add a tenner to the price tag as well.
Old 27th January 2023, 03:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
Probably another fifteen quid i expect.
J Harker likes this.
Old 27th January 2023, 04:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll bet the hook is some sort of Zavvi exclusive shitty art steelbook release of Candyman.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th January 2023, 04:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I'll bet the hook is some sort of Zavvi exclusive shitty art steelbook release of Candyman.....
It's that direct to video slasher Lovers Lane

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Lover...lu-ray/331714/
Old 27th January 2023, 04:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah but there's an exclusive Dir cut bundle with candyman ony available at Zavvi and limited to 3,000,000

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th January 2023, 05:01 PM
Cult Master

Full details:

NEW UK TITLE: Naked Lunch (1991) - Limited Edition Blu-ray Pre-order available from Arrow Films direct - £25:00

Release date: April 17

"Exterminate all rational thought!

In a career dedicated to seeing the unseeable and filming the unfilmable, perhaps only David Cronenberg could really do justice to William S. Burroughs' controversial novel, Naked Lunch. Weaving together elements of Burroughs' own remarkable biography with the content of the book, Cronenberg's film steps inside the body and mind of an author to depict the dangerous act of imagination itself from the inside out.

Former junkie William Lee (Peter Weller, Robocop) makes ends meet as an exterminator. But when he and his wife Joan (Judy Davis, Barton Fink) discover the hallucinatory properties of the powder he uses to kill bugs, they become hooked, and their world is changed forever. Insects speak, typewriters mutate and talk, interdimensional beings reveal themselves, identities fracture and blur; nothing and no one is quite what it seems. When Bill, under the influence of drugs, or the bugs that have begun talking to him, shoots his wife, he flees to Interzone, at once a place and a state of mind, where things only get stranger.

Winner of Best Picture, Best Direction, and Best Screenplay at the 1992 Genie Awards and featuring an astonishing score by Howard Shore (Videodrome), Naked Lunch is provocative, transgressive, and surreal - a feast for the senses, where nothing is true and everything is permitted.
"

Special features:
  • New 4K restoration from the original camera negative overseen by director of photography Peter Suschitzky and approved by director David Cronenberg
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
  • Double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
  • Six postcard-sized reproduction lobby cards
  • 80-page perfect bound collector's book featuring new writing by critics Vanessa Morgan and Jack Sargeant, plus select archival material including David Cronenberg's introduction to Everything is Permitted: The Making of Naked Lunch, and a chapter from Cronenberg on Cronenberg

Disc 1 - Feature
  • New 4K restoration from the original camera negative
  • High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ presentation
  • Original lossless 2.0 stereo and 5.1 audio options
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by director David Cronenberg
  • New audio commentary by film historian Jack Sargeant and screenwriter Graham Duff

Disc 2 - Extras
  • Naked Attraction, a new interview with legendary producer Jeremy Thomas
  • Exterminate All Rational Thought, a new interview with star Peter Weller
  • Peter Suschitzky on Naked Lunch, a new interview with the celebrated director of photography
  • Naked Flesh, a new interview with special effects artist Chris Walas
  • A Ballad for Burroughs, a new interview with composer Howard Shore
  • Tony Rayns on William S. Burroughs, a new interview with the renowned writer and critic
  • David Huckvale on Naked Lunch, a new interview taking a closer look at one of Shore's most unusual film scores
  • A Ticket to Interzone, new visual essay by critic David Cairns
  • Naked Making Lunch, archival making of documentary directed by Chris Rodley presented in a new scan from the director's personal 16mm print and viewable with a new audio interview with Rodley discussing his connection to Cronenberg and the process of making Naked Making Lunch
  • Concept Art Gallery, a collection of drawings and maquettes for the creatures of Naked Lunch by Stephan Dupuis
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Image Galleries, including never before seen stills from the set courtesy of Chris Rodley

...Also available as a Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD release with an Original Artwork Slipcase - £30:00...

...or a Limited Edition 4K Ultra HD release - £30:00

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Naked Lunch 1.jpg (85.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Naked Lunch 2.jpg (85.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Naked Lunch 3.jpg (85.5 KB, 41 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!