Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st December 2013, 10:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I strongly suspect that the truth was a teensy bit more nuanced, but I wasn't privy to the actual decision.
Old 21st December 2013, 10:12 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
I strongly suspect that the truth was a teensy bit more nuanced, but I wasn't privy to the actual decision.
I think cost-cutting played a part in the decision to stop financially contributing to Cult Labs which, in retrospect, seems regrettable considering how big a fan base there is here and how it feels more personal than Facebook.
Old 21st December 2013, 11:16 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

As much as I miss their presence on here and the interaction with the fans, since leaving CL they've really upped their game in terms of releases and quality control. I'm not saying this is related to their leaving here but I'd sooner have them as they are now than before
Pete likes this.
Old 21st December 2013, 11:27 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
As much as I miss their presence on here and the interaction with the fans, since leaving CL they've really upped their game in terms of releases and quality control. I'm not saying this is related to their leaving here but I'd sooner have them as they are now than before
I have absolutely no idea if this is actually the case, but it seems to me that they took me on as a freelance QC examiner at around the same time that they cut ties with Cult Labs.

And since I don't do that job out of the kindness of my heart (not even the most fanatical Lifeforce fan would want to sit through the whole thing nine times in the course of a single weekend, as I had to last September!), this may well be where the money came from. Or at least partly.
PaulD and keirarts like this.
Old 21st December 2013, 11:39 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
What?? Please excuse my ignorance on this matter. A few people slagged off Cult Labs on some other forums, so Arrow withdrew?
Really? That's a bit of, "It's my ball and I'm going home!" isn't it?
Cult Labs cannot control what is said elsewhere and even if it was the best in the world, someone, somewhere would hate you just for being that.
I guess loyalty and respect are ideals of the past!!
It was more than just that of course. They could reach a wider audience through social networking without having to splash the cash to be on a forum, but as hard as it might be to believe, we aren't liked by a few other sites, and i'm sure no company wants to be associated with a place that does get badmouthed by some people on a regular basis.
Old 21st December 2013, 11:58 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
What?? Please excuse my ignorance on this matter. A few people slagged off Cult Labs on some other forums, so Arrow withdrew?
Really? That's a bit of, "It's my ball and I'm going home!" isn't it?
Cult Labs cannot control what is said elsewhere and even if it was the best in the world, someone, somewhere would hate you just for being that.
I guess loyalty and respect are ideals of the past
!!
The first thing you learn when working in a pub?

You can ask 100 different people the same question, and you will get 100 different answers!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st December 2013, 04:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Fran's one line, "Arrow Video was the brainchild of Almar Haflidason (PR guru then at the Associates and now Fetch PR) and Alex Agran", should be all you need to read to be know how much of a kick in the teeth it is that Arrow abandoned (that's the only way to put it) Cult Labs, when some people from other sites bad mouthed us on the internet (C*nt Labs being one of the names we're called because a few people were banned as we like to be a friendly place instead of letting people insult each other a la Aint It Cool & IMDB. That's what they did, even if they say they left because they could reach more people for free via Facebook & Twitter.
So by that logic if we all slag off Facebook & Twitter...
and dare I say it, this place seems just fine without em, thank you.
Old 22nd December 2013, 08:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Looks like the sale is back up, good I can place my order now
Old 26th December 2013, 01:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Going back to Tenebrae for a moment - the new steelbook is superb. The transfer is absolutely gorgeous. Finally the film gets the release it deserves - and it's definitely up there among the best Blu transfers out there. Don't hesitate, pick it up!!
Old 26th December 2013, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Going back to Tenebrae for a moment - the new steelbook is superb. The transfer is absolutely gorgeous. Finally the film gets the release it deserves - and it's definitely up there among the best Blu transfers out there. Don't hesitate, pick it up!!
Hope mine turns up tomorrow or Saturday

Like this? Share it using the links below!