Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2014, 07:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Michael can you possibly hint at what titles have been taken off the schedule due to inferior masters? Bava titles for instance or a certain Lenzi film that was announced last year?
No. Sorry - this is commercially confidential information.

What I can confirm, though, is that the titles in question were never announced in public.
Old 21st February 2014, 12:27 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
What kind of titles do you think Arrow should be releasing?
How about Fantastic Argoman for starters? One of the great, forgotten gems of demented cinema. Other action films seem muted after watching this.

It is a shame that Argoman went the way of the dark side. IIRC, I last saw him masquerading as a Senator in D'Amato's Emanuelle In America. How the mighty have fallen.
Old 21st February 2014, 12:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
I'm currently working on White of the Eye, a film that was last released in the UK on VHS! And out of the nineteen titles being included in the Walerian Borowczyk box that will be my next project after that, six are world video premieres, six more are getting English subtitles for the first time, and all but four are UK video premieres.
I know I'm probably pissing in the wind here, but I don't suppose Dr Jeckyll is included in that box set?
Old 21st February 2014, 02:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

What happened to Mark Of The Devil ?
I haven't heard anything recently. I was expecting this to be announced with the latest bunch of titles.
Old 21st February 2014, 02:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

There are still some titles they have announced via postcards etc. which haven't been officially announced for release yet, including:

Mark of the Devil
Nightmare City
Remo: Unarmed & Dangerous
Withnail & I

Some of them will probably be released in Q3. It will also be interesting to see if there are a new wave of postcards in the Q2 releases which give us some info on more upcoming titles.
Old 21st February 2014, 02:28 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
There are still some titles they have announced via postcards etc. which haven't been officially announced for release yet, including:

Mark of the Devil
Nightmare City
Withnail & I

Some of them will probably be released in Q3. It will also be interesting to see if there are a new wave of postcards in the Q2 releases which give us some info on more upcoming titles.

Please call "Nightmare City" City Of The Walking Dead. That's what it says on the post card. If not, stop calling the other one Remo: Unarmed And Dangerous.
Old 21st February 2014, 02:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Mark of the Devil
Nightmare City
Withnail & I
If Mark of the Devil is a combo then i'll definitely get that one, otherwise i'll pick up the BU dvd as i got rid of the cut UK disc a couple of years back.
Old 21st February 2014, 02:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Mark of the Devil
Nightmare City
Withnail & I

Good shout, it must be about time we're due some more postcards. I'm loaded with the current wave. But it could just be because Arrow are releasing more titles than previously.

I think I remember that they confirmed 5 Dolls For An August Moon in reply to a comment on Facebook too. I would have liked something Bava in the most recent announcements actually.

I noticed The Whip And The Body on the Hollywood Classics site, which makes me think when they commented that they couldn't get the UK rights, that it was a case they've been taken by another company (probably Odeon) rather than they couldn't find the rights holders. I have just imported Whip though, so I'm not hugely bothered.
Old 21st February 2014, 02:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I know I'm probably pissing in the wind here, but I don't suppose Dr Jeckyll is included in that box set?

No. Not through choice, I assure you!
Old 21st February 2014, 02:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Please call "Nightmare City" City Of The Walking Dead. That's what it says on the post card. If not, stop calling the other one Remo: Unarmed And Dangerous.
I've always known it as Nightmare City - plus we've already confused one member to the point of him calling it City of the Living Dead!

As for Remo, I've never seen it so actually had to search for the 'Arrow Postcard' thread to remember what it was called!

Like this? Share it using the links below!