Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26051Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th July 2016, 10:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

My Female Prisoner Scorpion boxset which i ordered from Zavvi has just arrived in today's post. Will be giving the discs a spin letter to check out the picture quality compared to my Eureka box set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160729_001.jpg (94.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 29th July 2016, 11:38 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
My Female Prisoner Scorpion boxset which i ordered from Zavvi has just arrived in today's post. Will be giving the discs a spin letter to check out the picture quality compared to my Eureka box set.
That's brilliant by Zavvi, but not so great by Arrow, who haven't even shipped my order yet.
Old 29th July 2016, 11:49 AM
Cult Veteran

I've ordered Dekalog from Zavvi so I hope I get the early delivery too. That's not until October though.

What's the packaging like with box sets, you hear some horror stories but it can't be all bad or people wouldn't order from them at all.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th July 2016, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have never had a problem with anything being damaged in all the years I have been ordering from Zavvi unlike Arrow where I had Hellgate where the case was smashed and had a torn sleeve and were unable to offer a replacement.

I only ordered from Zavvi as it was cheaper than Arrow direct as was only £44.99 with the 10% code. I have also ordered The Burning from Zavvi so in October will see if it is a one off with the early dispatch.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 29th July 2016, 12:18 PM
Cult Rookie

I've had some posted by zavvi that's been great and some not so good eg my boro set came packaged in two jiffy bags so had a couple of slight bashed corners, think i got off lucky, but that was a while ago and ever since not had much of a problem
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 29th July 2016, 03:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's brilliant by Zavvi, but not so great by Arrow, who haven't even shipped my order yet.
Likewise!

Whoever thought Zavvi would ever beat Arrow in the postage stakes eh?
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st August 2016, 06:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Female Scorpion arrived today....however,Cronenberg's early works still shows as 'stock on order' on their site,but Amazon have it in stock!

Come on Arrow,it's the faithful who buy direct that you make the profits on-time to get back on track!
Susan Foreman likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st August 2016, 07:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Great to see the early Cronenberg's get a standalone release. Bit disappointing there's no booklet with it though.
Old 1st August 2016, 08:13 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Great to see the early Cronenberg's get a standalone release. Bit disappointing there's no booklet with it though.

The only thing I can think of worse than seeing these again, is reading about them. I thought they were boring as hell. Just one of the reasons I got rid of the limited edition and bought the standard version of Videodrome.
Old 1st August 2016, 08:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The only thing I can think of worse than seeing these again, is reading about them. I thought they were boring as hell. Just one of the reasons I got rid of the limited edition and bought the standard version of Videodrome.
"I have to laugh whenever someone says a film is terrible, or even the worst film they've ever seen. I can get enjoyment out of anything I watch. They're films. Entertainment, and I'm entertained when I watch them. ."

Like this? Share it using the links below!