Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2018, 03:00 PM
Cult Master

Arrow Academy

"***NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE COMING!***

Join us this Friday (July 13th) at 3.00pm BST / 7.00am PST / 10.00am EST for our October title reveals!"

I can only think of 'Let The Right One In', but that is due to the snowy background more than anything else

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th July 2018, 03:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Can’t see that being an Academy release, it’s arty farty enough
trebor8273 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th July 2018, 03:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well being Friday the 13th and October releases, hoping for some horrors, but not holding my breath as will turn out too be some obscure arty farty stuff.
Old 11th July 2018, 06:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Now then,some nice arty farty horror releases would be......

ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE
THE COMPANY OF WOLVES
DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE
NAKED LUNCH
HOUSE OF THE LAUGHING WINDOWS

Two chances.

1.None.
2.**** all!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 13th July 2018, 02:10 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arrow have officially announced Candyman.

Happy #Fridaythe13th! To celebrate we’re revealing a sweet October treat...

**Surprise announcement!** NEW UK TITLE: Candyman (Blu-ray)

Newly restored in 2K, Candyman ingeniously reworks Clive Barker’s original short story “The Forbidden” into a modern horror parable

Pre-order your copy via Arrow: https://bit.ly/2LfJyrZ
Release date: 29 October

Dare you say his name five times? From the chilling imagination of horror master Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed), comes Candyman – arguably one of the greatest horror movies of the 1990s, now newly restored on Blu-ray.

When grad student Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen) begins working on a thesis looking at urban legends, she encounters the tale of the Candyman – the vengeful spirit of a hook-handed slave, who, it is said, can be summoned by saying his name five times in the mirror. As her research leads her into the bowels of Chicago’s deprived housing projects and deeper into the Candyman’s world, Helen learns that some legends are best left alone…

Expertly directed by British filmmaker Bernard Rose and boasting an astounding score by composer Philip Glass, Candyman ingeniously reworks Clive Barker’s original short story “The Forbidden” (originally published as part of his Books of Blood collection) into a modern horror parable that remains as timely today as ever.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original negative and supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
• 5.1 DTS-HD MA and Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
• Optional English subtitles
• Exclusive packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
• 6 Lobby Card reproductions
• Reversible fold-out poster featuring two artworks
• Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
• Limited Edition perfect-bound booklet reproducing the original hand-painted storyboards by Bernard Rose
• Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
• Brand new audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
• Be My Victim – a brand new interview with Tony Todd
• It Was Always You, Helen – a brand new interview with Virginia Madsen
• The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – a brand new interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
• Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – brand new interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
• A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”
• Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman – a critical analysis of the film with writers Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes
• Theatrical Trailer
• Three rarely-seen Bernard Rose short films, newly restored in HD: Looking at Alice (30 mins, 1978), A Bomb With No Name on It (3 mins, 1976), The Wreckers (5 mins)

IMG_3049.jpg
Old 13th July 2018, 02:16 PM
Cult Addict

I'll be havin that.
it'smebilly and trebor8273 like this.
Old 13th July 2018, 02:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Me too, never owned it on any format
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th July 2018, 02:42 PM
Cult Master

Arrow Academy

"NEW US TITLE: Distant Voices, Still Lives (Blu-ray)

An evocative account of working-class life in Liverpool gloriously restored in 4K!

Release dates: 23 October

Winner of the International Critics’ Prize at the 1988 Cannes Film Festival, Terence Davies’ feature debut heralded one of Britain’s finest filmmaking talents.

Loosely based on the director’s own family and upbringing, Distant Voices, Still Lives presents an evocative account of working-class life in Liverpool, England during the 1940s and 50s. Births, marriages and deaths – and an expressive use of music – provide the underpinning for a film that is beautiful, heartbreaking, resonant but never sentimental.

Now regarded as a masterpiece of British cinema, and boasting a startling performance from Pete Postlethwaite (Romeo + Juliet, Inception) as the head of the family, Distant Voices, Still Lives has been treated to a glorious 4K restoration by the British Film Institute.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 4K restoration, carried out by the British Film Institute
• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation
• Original mono audio (uncompressed LPCM)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Commentary by writer-director Terence Davies
• Interview with Davies
• Interview with art director Miki van Zwanenberg
• Theatrical trailer
• More to be announced!
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jennifer Dionisio

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Christina Newland plus archive essays"

Old 13th July 2018, 02:45 PM
Cult Master

Arrow Academy

"NEW UK TITLE: The Early Films of Olivier Assayas (Blu-ray)

Two of Assayas’ early works, in the UK for the first time.

Release dates: 8 October

Now recognised as one of French cinema’s finest talents courtesy of such modern classics as Irma Vep, Carlos, Summer Hours and Clouds of Sils Maria, Olivier Assayas started out as critic and screenwriter before making his debut feature as director in 1986. The Early Films presents this work, Disorder, and his second feature, Winter’s Child, in the UK for the first time.

Disorder concerns a group of friends in a post-punk band. When a robbery at a music store turns fatal, the resulting chaos threatens both their working relationship and their long-held friendships as they leave France to tour London and potentially make their big break.

Released two years later, Winter’s Child presents a four-person, two-couple tragedy of passion. Natalia is pregnant, but the child’s father, Stéphane, doesn’t want to know and abandons her. He meets Sabine, a set designer, and falls in love – but she is struggling with her attachment to Bruno, an actor with whom she had a brief fling.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 2K restorations of both films, supervised and approved by Olivier Assayas
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations
• Original 2.0 Stereo soundtracks
• Interview with writer-director Oliver Assayas
• Interview with the cast of Disorder, Ann-Gisel Glass, Lucas Belvaux, Wadeck Stanczak and Rémi Martin
• Theatrical trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the films by Noel Megahey and Glenn Kenny"

g053584398 likes this.

Old 13th July 2018, 04:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Arrow have officially announced Candyman.

Happy #Fridaythe13th! To celebrate we’re revealing a sweet October treat...

**Surprise announcement!** NEW UK TITLE: Candyman (Blu-ray)

Newly restored in 2K, Candyman ingeniously reworks Clive Barker’s original short story “The Forbidden” into a modern horror parable

Pre-order your copy via Arrow: https://bit.ly/2LfJyrZ
Release date: 29 October

Dare you say his name five times? From the chilling imagination of horror master Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed), comes Candyman – arguably one of the greatest horror movies of the 1990s, now newly restored on Blu-ray.

When grad student Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen) begins working on a thesis looking at urban legends, she encounters the tale of the Candyman – the vengeful spirit of a hook-handed slave, who, it is said, can be summoned by saying his name five times in the mirror. As her research leads her into the bowels of Chicago’s deprived housing projects and deeper into the Candyman’s world, Helen learns that some legends are best left alone…

Expertly directed by British filmmaker Bernard Rose and boasting an astounding score by composer Philip Glass, Candyman ingeniously reworks Clive Barker’s original short story “The Forbidden” (originally published as part of his Books of Blood collection) into a modern horror parable that remains as timely today as ever.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original negative and supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
• 5.1 DTS-HD MA and Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
• Exclusive packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
• 6 Lobby Card reproductions
• Reversible fold-out poster featuring two artworks
• Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
• Limited Edition perfect-bound booklet reproducing the original hand-painted storyboards by Bernard Rose
• Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
• Brand new audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
• Be My Victim – a brand new interview with Tony Todd
• It Was Always You, Helen – a brand new interview with Virginia Madsen
• The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – a brand new interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
• Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – brand new interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
• A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”
• Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman – a critical analysis of the film with writers Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes
• Theatrical Trailer
• Three rarely-seen Bernard Rose short films, newly restored in HD: Looking at Alice (30 mins, 1978), A Bomb With No Name on It (3 mins, 1976), The Wreckers (5 mins)

Attachment 206702
Definitely be having that, best announcement they have made in some time.

Like this? Share it using the links below!