Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26051Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2019, 08:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

I bought DON'T TORTURE A DUCKLING from Amazon for £12.90 and the day after it went up to £17:18!
Old 16th January 2019, 12:47 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
can't believe the howls of foul play over the Arrow RoboCop release based on the fact its already been released. surely its up to Arrow to release whatever they want? i suspect its going to be one of those LE boxes and if they think they can shift a few thousand of them whats to bitch about? sometimes i don't think people understand commerce at all, and also, they are allowed not to buy something.

for whatever reason, i've never upgraded my old Criterion copy of the film, so i'm really happy i will be able to stick this one on the shelf with the other Arrow LEs.
I'm really hoping, particularly given the postcard that we may finally see a RoboCop UK blu with that iconic original art. Personally I'd love to see them put out the first sequel too.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 16th January 2019, 05:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

WATERWORLD
FORBIDDEN PHOTOS
CRIMSON PEAK

all shipped!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th January 2019, 06:27 PM
Active Cultist

Some really bland releases and the ones that interest me are too expensive. No wonder the market is dying out.
Old 19th January 2019, 01:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Apparently Arrow's release of the second Sister Streetfighter has run into censorship problems resulting in one scene being zoomed in to cut out a photograph of a naked child. I can't see many being really bothered as no dialogue will be missing but the US release will be uncut if you must have an uncensored version.
Old 19th January 2019, 09:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
Some really bland releases and the ones that interest me are too expensive. No wonder the market is dying out.
The beginning of the end....? Hope not, but I literally can't be paying £25 a pop for waterworld & crimson peak, that's £50 for 2 films!
g053584398 and J Harker like this.
Old 21st January 2019, 12:23 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Apparently Arrow's release of the second Sister Streetfighter has run into censorship problems resulting in one scene being zoomed in to cut out a photograph of a naked child. I can't see many being really bothered as no dialogue will be missing but the US release will be uncut if you must have an uncensored version.
"***SISTER STREET FIGHTER: HANGING BY A THREAD UK RELEASE INFO + ARTWORK REVEAL***

We would like to take this opportunity to let UK fans know that our upcoming release of Sister Street Fighter: Hanging By A Thread, will be censored (not cut) in one scene. This is due to a potentially indecent image of a minor used as set decoration in the lair of one of the villains - visible in one shot for approximately 31 seconds which the BBFC advised breached the Protection of Children Act 1978.

As this scene features important expository dialogue, instead of cutting it out completely we have decided to zoom into the other half of the frame, cropping out the offending part of the image entirely. Apart from this, all four films in the set will be released for the first time in the UK in all their bloody, bone-snapping uncut glory, including the gore and weapons scenes cut from previous UK releases of the first film! The US edition will be unaffected.

On a more positive note, we also want to take this opportunity to reveal the brand-new art for the Collection by celebrated artist R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien!"

gag likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st January 2019, 12:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Given the legal issues (the 1978 Protection of Children Act doesn't allow any contextual wiggle room like the 1959 Obscene Publications Act's "artistic merit" defence), that's probably the most constructive thing that they could have done.
gag likes this.
Old 21st January 2019, 03:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
Given the legal issues (the 1978 Protection of Children Act doesn't allow any contextual wiggle room like the 1959 Obscene Publications Act's "artistic merit" defence), that's probably the most constructive thing that they could have done.
I would have thought that digitally obscuring the offending image would have made more sense than reframing.
Old 21st January 2019, 03:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I would have thought that digitally obscuring the offending image would have made more sense than reframing.
I understand from the producer that that's what they proposed, but it was rejected.

Which is at least consistent: I had a similar issue with a few seconds of unsimulated bestiality in a supporting short film on Arrow's Borowczyk box, and when I discussed the legal problems with the BBFC they said that the problem wasn't so much the visual content per se as the fact that from a legal perspective it was a recording of a crime being committed, and therefore blurring or pixillating most likely wouldn't act as a defence in the event of prosecution.

(We didn't have the option of reframing as the dog ****ing the woman dominated the image, so we settled for blacking the shots out so that the editing rhythms would at least be retained.)

Like this? Share it using the links below!